Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 pm
How on earth do you manage to do the AUs and UK races? Do you ever sleep?
One of the reasons why I started the 'Addicted to trading' thread. :lol:

I sleep mid-mornings, though I feel I'm missing out on the western Australian markets.
Derek27

Really enjoying Randwick, good liquidity as well, for an Australian market.
Derek27

Saturday starts early down-under, all excited with Randwick and Flemington being on. :D
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:20 pm
Saturday starts early down-under, all excited with Randwick and Flemington being on. :D
Probably a bit late for me to add this, but main action at Gold Coast today.
mcgoo

What'd I miss here? GC race 8 ,fav :? ..is this a fat finger candidate or did the horse bite the Premier :D
Edit: And it won! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whimsies

Must have missed it as was doing better trading jonker as it was coming in.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:20 pm
Probably a bit late for me to add this, but main action at Gold Coast today.
Thanks for mentioning that. I got so excited with my two top Aussie tracks racing that I didn't even look at Gold Coast.
Derek27

I've just been hit by the turnover charge, out of the blue. Their terms & conditions say you get contacted with a one week grace period when you first become liable to pay it just like the premium charge. I now have to wait for an email from their accounts department to find out if I'll be refunded and then it's a 3 meeting weekly limit for Australia. :cry:
Dipstick

Me too. Looks like my automation on aussie races in NSW is stopping
spreadbetting

Just avoid the turnover charge courses there are plenty of them, I've a list my bot uses if you need the courses
Naffman

If manually trading these will show the meetings and (state) if unsure - https://www.racenet.com.au/racing-form-guide

I'm surprised they've given you a 3 meeting weekly limit tbh.

Just checked and they have a limit of $2000 in matched bets so that would rule most people out by the 3rd race.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm
If manually trading these will show the meetings and (state) if unsure - https://www.racenet.com.au/racing-form-guide

I'm surprised they've given you a 3 meeting weekly limit tbh.

Just checked and they have a limit of $2000 in matched bets so that would rule most people out by the 3rd race.
You become liable if you've placed back bets on 25 markets or more, total back stake $2000 (£1150 approx) or more, and paid less than 1.5% commission on total back bets, so gamblers just backing would be OK. Didn't realise the back stake limit when I thought I could trade 3 meetings.

Are all NSW courses turnover charge markets and the ones outside non-turnover charge ?
Naffman

All NSW horse and harness racing, think greyhound is alright though.

It used to be the majority of Australian states so it's a lot more trader friendly than it used to be.
Derek27

I was just about to cry my eyes out when I realised Randwick is in NSW, but then I looked again at the criteria.

Who will pay the Turnover Charge?

This charge will only apply to customers who during a particular week (Monday to Sunday GMT) meet each of the below criteria:

have matched bets on 25 or more markets on which Betfair is subject to a turnover fee from Racing NSW (“turnover charge markets”);

have matched back bets with an aggregate value of AUS $2,000 or greater on turnover charge markets; and

the total commission generated by the customer on turnover charge markets is less than 1.5% of the aggregate value of matched back bets placed by the customer on those markets.

This means that you can bet as much as you like as long as you stop at 24 markets. :D Go beyond that though, and it could be an expensive mistake.
Naffman

Nsw turnover charge splits into 3 turnover charge percentage categories depending on the quality of the meeting 2 - 2.5 - 3% with most meetings at Randwick coming under the 2.5 - 3% bracket (I'd presume).

Good luck trading it but I fear they'll catch you up again even if only trading one meeting and back staking a mere £10K which would calc. to £250-300.

But take them for all they've got :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”