Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Lutruwita

And Melbourne airport is currently 7.3 degrees!
gazuty

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 am
Any tips?
There is no "get rich quick" or silver bullet solution.

However, humans have an amazing capacity for pattern recognition. Way better than any computer.

So read, read, read, experiment. Fail. Experiment, read. Fail. Adjust, adapt, read, succeed, fail, adjust, succeed again.

I am fully automated, started in 2011. There have been lots of experiments and then bang, I found out a couple of things, through observation and failure. If you don't fail, you can't succeed. No longtime trader has a 100% successful trade rate.

My number 1 tip. Don't pick up pennies in front of the steamroller (this is my biggest impulse, many people look for one tick and let it run 200 ticks the other way hoping for it to come back - do the opposite). We are all tempted to pick up pennies - don't do it.

So, what to read - well these forums for a start, Peter's blog, watch all the videos, get to know forum members some are old, some are new - I'd review the posts made by these people if I were you - Jollygreen, Dallas, Letiss, Markmeets - just to name a few.

There is a thread on "good books" - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78&p=109454&hilit=books#p109454

Read them.

No one's going to hand over their edge. But you'll get encouragement.
PDC

Thanks for the post. I do fine trading wise, it is just these Vic tracks I struggle with and that was what I was after tips for ;) . I have started to record them to review later. I just don't get on with the manipulation at the likes of Flemington or Moone Valley. Away from the Vic tracks I have no issues.

It isn't that I don't win on them, I just don't do as well on them by a long shot as I do elsewhere.

Thanks for the detailed post before.
gazuty

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:01 am
Thanks for the post. I do fine trading wise, it is just these Vic tracks I struggle with and that was what I was after tips for ;) . I have started to record them to review later. I just don't get on with the manipulation at the likes of Flemington or Moone Valley. Away from the Vic tracks I have no issues.

It isn't that I don't win on them, I just don't do as well on them by a long shot as I do elsewhere.

Thanks for the detailed post before.
I'd go for acceptance. I always go best on major Melbourne events and less best (ie less profitable) at major Sydney events.

Don't push against the universe, accept it, gotta go watch winx.
PDC

Long live the queen as the commentator said - well done Winx and thanks for another good market.
gazuty

Of course today might be the exception that proves the rule .... :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDC

Some great results in there. Well done! Looks like you get a few big ones, must be nice sitting there watching the automation work away and the greens come in :)
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am
Another week and another week of hating the manipulation at the Victorian track, Flemington this week. Shame the Vic big tracks aren't like the NSW big tracks. Randwick has been great again.
Get used to it and learn to live with it - it's part and parcel of trading.
Bog

gazuty wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 am
Of course today might be the exception that proves the rule .... :)

Hi. All trades are pre race? :D I see some big winnings there 74, 188, 87. Nice
Naffman

Lagging for anyone else?
PDC

Naffman wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 am
Lagging for anyone else?
Seems okay here

Really looking forward to seeing Avilius in the next at Randwick. Looks a really special horse so far.
PDC

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:23 am
Really looking forward to seeing Avilius in the next at Randwick. Looks a really special horse so far.
Impressive again!

The next Ozzie superstar?
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 am
Lagging for anyone else?
Did just once - 5-second desperate wait just before the off!

Now too pissed to carry on trading, can barely focus on my computer screen so I'm calling it a night. :roll:
Euler

6. Winx_9227865_06_10_02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Nice to see the group racing appearing on the card again.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”