Australian racing

The sport of kings.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:56 pm
When I became eligible for the premium charge I quite stupidly thought I might get around it by switching to my number two account. :lol:

I'm pretty sure multiple accounts will be linked for turnover charge as they are with PC.
That would make sense. So it seems strange why Betfair have warned off entirely some users from trading NSW markets like Naffman who have kept to 24 races and below NSW races a week, while others they are happy to let carry on.

It seems very unfair to the likes of Naffman and weird that Betfair publish rules but then seem to apply harsher, unwritten, ones on some users like Naffman.
Derek27

Nine group races shared between Randwick and Flemington, two group ones and Winx to look forward to tonight. :D
The dog of ry

Things really ramping up here over the next month or two.

Betfair Australia have been really active in trying to educate "punters" this year. Hosting training sessions and showcasing trading software. I think the Australian markets will be very interesting to say the least...

Good luck to all
Derek27

Took time out to eat some pizza, but did a token trade on the second at Randwick just to keep a 100% record. :D
PDC

The slow suspension by Betfair on the R4 at Randwick returned a shocking SP for the layers on the fav when it broke badly, Steady at 2.90 but when it broke badly the layers hit it before Betfair turned it inplay and returned an SP of 3.5'ish. :shock:

Beaten in a photo.
PDC

Another week and another week of hating the manipulation at the Victorian track, Flemington this week. Shame the Vic big tracks aren't like the NSW big tracks. Randwick has been great again.
gazuty

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am
Another week and another week of hating the manipulation at the Victorian track, Flemington this week. Shame the Vic big tracks aren't like the NSW big tracks. Randwick has been great again.
au contraire

One man's manipulation is another man's living.
PDC

gazuty wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 am

au contraire

One man's manipulation is another man's living.
Any tips?
Lutruwita

33 degrees in Sydney today and just 15 tomorrow. Unique.
gazuty

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:39 am
33 degrees in Sydney today and just 15 tomorrow. Unique.
It's beautiful.
Lutruwita

And Melbourne airport is currently 7.3 degrees!
gazuty

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 am
Any tips?
There is no "get rich quick" or silver bullet solution.

However, humans have an amazing capacity for pattern recognition. Way better than any computer.

So read, read, read, experiment. Fail. Experiment, read. Fail. Adjust, adapt, read, succeed, fail, adjust, succeed again.

I am fully automated, started in 2011. There have been lots of experiments and then bang, I found out a couple of things, through observation and failure. If you don't fail, you can't succeed. No longtime trader has a 100% successful trade rate.

My number 1 tip. Don't pick up pennies in front of the steamroller (this is my biggest impulse, many people look for one tick and let it run 200 ticks the other way hoping for it to come back - do the opposite). We are all tempted to pick up pennies - don't do it.

So, what to read - well these forums for a start, Peter's blog, watch all the videos, get to know forum members some are old, some are new - I'd review the posts made by these people if I were you - Jollygreen, Dallas, Letiss, Markmeets - just to name a few.

There is a thread on "good books" - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78&p=109454&hilit=books#p109454

Read them.

No one's going to hand over their edge. But you'll get encouragement.
PDC

Thanks for the post. I do fine trading wise, it is just these Vic tracks I struggle with and that was what I was after tips for ;) . I have started to record them to review later. I just don't get on with the manipulation at the likes of Flemington or Moone Valley. Away from the Vic tracks I have no issues.

It isn't that I don't win on them, I just don't do as well on them by a long shot as I do elsewhere.

Thanks for the detailed post before.
gazuty

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:01 am
Thanks for the post. I do fine trading wise, it is just these Vic tracks I struggle with and that was what I was after tips for ;) . I have started to record them to review later. I just don't get on with the manipulation at the likes of Flemington or Moone Valley. Away from the Vic tracks I have no issues.

It isn't that I don't win on them, I just don't do as well on them by a long shot as I do elsewhere.

Thanks for the detailed post before.
I'd go for acceptance. I always go best on major Melbourne events and less best (ie less profitable) at major Sydney events.

Don't push against the universe, accept it, gotta go watch winx.
PDC

Long live the queen as the commentator said - well done Winx and thanks for another good market.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”