Australian racing

The sport of kings.
The dog of ry

I swear I have seen all the $1.01 being taken about losers in Australian racing a lot in the last week or two. I'd imagine the layers are loving it
Naffman

Reckon its the added delay in-play as it gives more time for the 'money buyers' listening to the radio to get matched at 1.01
Derek27

Markets are quite naff tonight - roll on Rosehill. :D
Naffman

I won't touch Fridays till Moonee Valley starts in a couple of weeks and even then I won't touch the day stuff
Derek27

Gloucester Park is racing 15:00 BST???
PDC

Annoyingly ATR are only showing Australian racing until 5:45am tomorrow and then switching to one race every 30 minutes at Sha Tin rather than staying with the Australian races every 5 minutes. And will miss all the Group races including 2 Group 1's :x

Please join me in emailing ATR if this frustrates you as this will be repeated the next few months every time Sha Tin races unless they receive feedback about viewers wanting to see the Australian racing rather than the Hong Kong racing or ask that they only switch to Hong Kong when they race and go back to showing Australian racing the rest of the time and not just pointless static paddock shots of Sha Tin.

Edit: They just said on air that my email raised very good points and that as I requested they would pass on my comments to the relevant people.

Please also email in if you would rather see the Australian coverage.

My main points were:

1. That they show Australian racing year round and so it has a good following and now that we are entering the main Autumn Carnivals and Melbourne Cup it is frustrating as a viewer to be denied the chance to see the races and especially the main trial races that lead into this period. We will miss all of the Group races once a month now as they will show Sha Tin in favour of the Australian racing.

2. ATR makes a big thing of showing the Melbourne Cup yet they deny us the chance to watch the big races leading into it by showing Sha Tin.

3. Australia race every 5 minutes so we will miss a lot of races in the final 2hours and 15 minutes of coverage we will miss but only see 2 races an hour from Sha Tin during this period with just static paddock shots with no presenters.

4. Could they not switch the coverage back to the Australian racing between races at Sha Tin if they have to show Sha Tin

5. Could my views be passed on to the relevant people and feedback provided if possible.
Derek27

Thanks for sending that email PDC, I'll send one when I've got time. I hope they eventually see sense.
Derek27

Nothing ever goes wrong at Rosehill. Deep in the shit when this crashed down to 4.5 - but I still came out smelling of roses. :D
Royal Celebration, 3-10 Rosehill.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 pm
Thanks for sending that email PDC, I'll send one when I've got time. I hope they eventually see sense.
It would be good if you can send one as hopefully we might get some change. I sent it from both a trading and a fan of Australian racing view point. I have come to really like Oz racing, I think it is ran very well from a viewer point of view but I also like how the same horses run so often as you get to know them unlike in the UK where you may only see a horse run once every few months.

Is anyone else having problems getting the Sky Racing radio working today? I can load the page but I can't get any audio.
Derek27

Caulfield is covered on racing.com
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 am
Thanks, that is delayed a lot more than the Sky Racing player.

Can you see if you can get the audio to play on: http://www.skyracing.com.au/index.php?c ... =114&id=96
gazuty

The backside of the book is very week at start of the Sydney meeting most weeks these days.
PDC

gazuty wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:48 am
The backside of the book is very week at start of the Sydney meeting most weeks these days.
I found R2 at Rosehill very good, will be happy if they are like that all day.

Anyone able to try the Sky Racing radio for me on the above link so I can see if the issue is local to me please.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:31 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 am
Thanks, that is delayed a lot more than the Sky Racing player.

Can you see if you can get the audio to play on: http://www.skyracing.com.au/index.php?c ... =114&id=96
No, it doesn't work for me either, though I've never used it before.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:55 am
No, it doesn't work for me either, though I've never used it before.
Thanks for checking Derek, it is the best method of listening to coverage when it is working as it is the fastest stream I have found. It covers all courses and also the bigger New Zealand races and the trots and greyhounds when the racing finishes.

The delay is zero, it is actually ahead of whatever Betfair use for suspending markets as you hear them jump before the market goes inplay. So when it is back working I would recommend you use it.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”