Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:19 am
Really enjoyed this morning, don't care if I oversleep this afternoon. :D
Don’t know why more people don’t follow Aussie racing, really enjoyed today, and six winners on the Flemington card for jockey Craig Williams..( did anyone note how this affected the odds of his rides as he rode winner after winner ?) and beaten in a photo otherwise it might have been seven.Spent a year or two over here mainly riding for Mick Channon. Think he rode the mighty Queens Logic when she won on debut .

One of his winners was the ex Jeremy Noseda trained Sixties Groove, interesting to follow the many ex British horses running over there.
spreadbetting

Halliday wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Don’t know why more people don’t follow Aussie racing,
The time difference is the simple reason I never trade them manually but I can understand why Derek does the night shift as they are easy to profit from. They remind me very much of the early days on Betfair and don't seem to have the manipulation or saturation of traders that maybe the UK markets have. I think if maybe I was younger and had that hunger I'd stay up and trade them a few nights a week but for now I just bot them. That brings in decent amounts just simply because of the volume of races, I woke up this morning and the bots had done over 200 markets already , when you think the UK and IRE will do that in a week you'd be a fool not to realise the opportunities will be there.
Halliday

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 pm
Halliday wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Don’t know why more people don’t follow Aussie racing,
The time difference is the simple reason I never trade them manually but I can understand why Derek does the night shift as they are easy to profit from. They remind me very much of the early days on Betfair and don't seem to have the manipulation or saturation of traders that maybe the UK markets have. I think if maybe I was younger and had that hunger I'd stay up for them a few nights a week but for now I just bot them. That brings in decent amounts just simply because of the volume of races, I woke up this morning and the bots had done over 200 markets already when you think the UK and IRE will do that in a week you'd be a fool not to realise the opportunities will be there.

Agree the manipulation isn’t as obvious and definitely less than most uk markets, liquidity seems better than it used to be , and from someone who enjoys racing as a sport , the quality of racing at the metropolitan tracks is good. Plus I like the number of ex British horses ( usually staying types ) that now race over there .

But purely from a trading aspect good opportunities to be had
Derek27

In case anyone's just got up, Townsville's been put back one race.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:56 am
In case anyone's just got up, Townsville's been put back one race.
Thanks Derek
Derek27

According to Racenet Hobart's been abandoned, but is seems very much alive on Betfair. :!:
Derek27

I traded out for a small loss in the first at Belmont because it was close to start time and I had no live feed, only to find it's running half-an-hour late!
Derek27

Pretty dismal day for a Wednesday morning. Markets very week and a few sharp 12 tick moves.
Naffman

Markets feel heavily manipulated so far
Derek27

I think I'll get a bit more sleep between now and Saturday. Caulfield and Rosehill. :D
Naffman

Whoever he is is managing to keep a favourite within about a 5 tick range for about 5 mins...which in these markets its insane
Derek27

He was at it again on the fav at Belmont. Almost nothing was getting matched - just £4 bets chipping away!
Derek27

His pattern is getting quite repetitive!
Derek27

I've just discovered it's Friday today. Caulfield and Rosehill coming up in a few hours. :D
Derek27

Rosehill's trading very well as usual. :D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”