Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

eightbo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Packing in Wednesdays now only getting up for Sat. session
I intended to trade Wednesday but was busy doing housework and didn't really get any urge, whilst being so productive, to stop what I was doing to trade Australia ‒ it's really nothing more important to do territory now.

Rosehill's on Saturday and the group one Doomben Cup. :)
Naffman

eightbo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Packing in Wednesdays now only getting up for Sat. session
Tbf yesterday did trade pretty bad
mcgoo

Just had something interesting happen.. traded a 1000m race...on the fav..back bet... I placed a closing trade outside of the price ..it was close to the off so I clicked on Take Sp All..there was a suspension..the price went all over the place- I actually thought the race had kicked off ( I could have sworn I saw the race go in play) Then the pre-off market resumed over(post ) start time on the clock...my balance dropped by a large liability (the liability of the original bet from what I could tell initially) but I had 2 bets matched..a back bet at 3.70 and a lay bet at 3.95. I couldn't green/red up any more and the market showed a red all position for a small loss. The next thing the market turns in play and I have a large liability show up on the market itself and a 3rd bet.. a lay at 4.2 appeared in the matched bets window. I didn't panic and placed a closing scratch trade in the hope the fav would drift.It did and I got matched but I could have lost a significant % of bank. I am thinking BF accidentally turned the market in play and then corrected it but am not sure..bloody scary either way :shock:
northbound

Mcgoo, most likely there was a non-runner taken off the market.

When that happens, Betfair readjusts the odds also of bets that were matched before.
ShaunWhite

What race was it mcgoo (time/place)? I'll have a look at it and try to confirm what northbound said (sounds the most likely). I quite like doing detective work as it shows up any holes in what I collect.
Derek27

mcgoo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 am
The next thing the market turns in play and I have a large liability show up on the market itself and a 3rd bet.. a lay at 4.2 appeared in the matched bets window.
Did you have in-play persistence set to 'Take BSP'?

Sounds like:-
  1. Non-runner withdrawn from market
  2. All back bets cancelled, lay bet disappears but is now set for BSP
  3. Market turns IP and lay bet matched at BSP
It really threw me when it first happened but if you have SP persistence switched on and there's a non-runner, back bets are cancelled, lay bets are placed as BSP but their effect doesn't show in the 'what if' figures because the BSP is yet to be determined.
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 am
The next thing the market turns in play and I have a large liability show up on the market itself and a 3rd bet.. a lay at 4.2 appeared in the matched bets window.
Did you have in-play persistence set to 'Take BSP'?

Sounds like:-
  1. Non-runner withdrawn from market
  2. All back bets cancelled, lay bet disappears but is now set for BSP
  3. Market turns IP and lay bet matched at BSP
It really threw me when it first happened but if you have SP persistence switched on and there's a non-runner, back bets are cancelled, lay bets are placed as BSP but their effect doesn't show in the 'what if' figures because the BSP is yet to be determined.
That sounds like it-thanks for the replies. I wondered about the non-runner but it all happened too quickly near the off so wasn't sure. Sorry Shaun, I meant to record the details of the race but had late night and forgot :(
Confused the hell outta me :)
eightbo

4.4 to 3.99 via TakeBSP

gg
ShaunWhite

eightbo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:32 am
4.4 to 3.99 via TakeBSP
3.995 actually :) ( if it was Diamond Thunder in the 2:30)
The swings from mid price to bsp can make closing out clean tricky, but they even out.
This one was pretty messy as 6 were traded and it looks like 2 NRs too, but I didn't see it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

If Rosehill was a woman I'd ask her to marry me. :D
eightbo

Is that P&L from IP automation or pre-race Shaun?
eightbo

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:06 am
Gotta be a few attractive Rose Hill's out there. I wouldn't let you marry them though. :)
eightbo

Man I'm off to a flyer this week. Now not to bottle it and be hypervigilant of tiredness creeping in.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:06 am
I didn't know she wasn't a woman :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

eightbo wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:08 am
Is that P&L from IP automation or pre-race Shaun?
Pre-race auto. Obv all 140 races aren't like that or I wouldn't be here.
If it was IP then bsp wouldn't be a problem.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”