Farcical!!! - Manipulation of Betfair odds

The sport of kings.
andyfuller

Who on earth are these traders doing this? Obviously it is making them big money but that was just plain ridiculous! It was the last race at Cheltenham btw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Very curious, I may put some more info up on this guy. I managed to put in a quick order near the end taking out a chunk on the lay side but I think the style of this guy is becoming a lot clearer now. He was active on other markets today at different prices.
to75ne

do you think he is the mad punter from the summer?
andyfuller

It could potentially be the same person of course but the strategy being used here is nothing like what was being used before so from that point of view I would say it is not but ofcourse it could be the same person just using a different approach but the only people that can know that are the person themselves and Betfair.
to75ne

i was just wondering what he got up to in the winter :lol:
PeterLe

...cant Tell you who it is...but I can tell you it's not the 10 pound trader!... :P
Jimmy

Could it be Betfair cleaning up?
drifter

I just thought I would up my stakes a little today :lol:
Stewart

This has happened a lot this last week - mainly with drifters. They would get to a certain point still with momentum but all of a sudden 10-20k would appear on the first two lay ticks. Once they got steamrollered the other times they controlled the price until about 30-45secs before the gates opened.

If you have got the money, why not? It has it's risks.

I wasn't in a happy place this afternoon and should have closed my PC down before as I dropped £200 on this race. However, I have watched the trading again and it was interesting - the velocity was against this horse but I think the office money was probably for it. Hence I think it was a bookmaker trying to control the SP.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

He is back again on the 14:10 at Leicester.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I have to say he seemed to get himself in some trouble on that one.
andyfuller

It is just becoming plain annoying now - What's needed is for someone to hammer them just before the off to leave them with a big exposure inplay then they might think twice about doing it anymore!
drifter

He/She ventured into the American Football last night.

Not sure what he/she achieved as very little got matched then they disappeared. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joao

With these situations we can see how small is the Betfair horses market ^^
jimrobo

drifter wrote:He/She ventured into the American Football last night.

Not sure what he/she achieved as very little got matched then they disappeared. :?
peter you need to stop venturing into the american football markets you stand out like a sore thumb! :D :D :D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”