Back the Draw if a Team has a 1 Goal Lead at Half Time Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 am
Last year in the Premier league, OPTA stats show teams that opened the scoring only went on to win 52.2% of the time.
I am trialing a system that lays the first goal scorer, can someone remind me how I work out the average lay odds I would need to make this profitable please?

I am also looking at the tangent of greening up in play, thus catching anytime a team equalize.
This scalps some nice events (Fav scores first, opp equalizes, fav scores and wins), but obviously erodes getting the full lay odds if indeed the first scorer doesn't win.

Any comments on these ideas would be gratefully received, thanks
I assume you mean working out the odds from the implied %? If so that would just be 100/Implied %
100/52.2 = 1.91
ArticalBadboy

Thank you Dallas, much appreciated.
jonnyg

Last edited by jonnyg on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ArticalBadboy

Sorry, yes you are correct...the 52.2% was for the entire Premier League era. (source: SkySports article By Adam Smith 18/07/17)

You have clearly spent a lot of time and effort researching this and I bow to your superior knowledge.

Have you managed to turn that knowledge into:
a) A profitable system?
b) A BetAngel automation?

Cheers
jonnyg

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:04 pm
Sorry, yes you are correct...the 52.2% was for the entire Premier League era. (source: SkySports article By Adam Smith 18/07/17)

You have clearly spent a lot of time and effort researching this and I bow to your superior knowledge.

Have you managed to turn that knowledge into:
a) A profitable system?
b) A BetAngel automation?

Cheers

dallas deleted my response > you were looking at the wrong data > the data re 52% does not refer to the opening goal < last 7 seasons re opening goal in PL and 69% of teams that opened the scoring won >
ArticalBadboy

Thanks for your replies and correcting my misunderstanding of that article...much appreciated.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”