Lay the Draw & Green Up after a Goal by Checking 0-0 CS

Gaz T

Was using this on two matches yesterday, in one it didnt green out even though team scored to make 1-0 and in other one it backed the draw twice after the goal so I lost money as game finished a draw. :?:
DaveJessop

Gaz T wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:46 pm
Was using this on two matches yesterday, in one it didnt green out even though team scored to make 1-0 and in other one it backed the draw twice after the goal so I lost money as game finished a draw. :?:
Yes the only problem with this is not the bot but the rate at which the 0-0 odds are updated at Betfair - in a few games I've see the favourite score and yet the 0-0 is odds on to 3.0 for 10-15 minutes and of course the other team score and it greens out for a loss - even if you change the trigger odds from 40 to 15 it still takes ages - been trying to think of another market Guardian could monitor like it does with the correct score - over 0.5 would just suspend and not trigger
sameerj

I applied this rule for yesterday's (1st May) Swansea vs Derby game. At half time, Derby were up 1-0. However the rule got triggered and my Lay bet went through at 4.10 odds. Later Swansea scored equalizer and the rule didn't green up. The only thing I changed in this rule was the bet amount. Everything else was same.
mcgoo

The bots I have copied off here are largely basic ...often clever but ideas of how to develop something of your own. They are good ideas :geek: but there is work to be done ..especially in terms of open trade management (usually). For instance..you use a trailing stop and the price moves right through you..what then ?..the closing bet stays unmatched...and the price goes off into the stratosphere :shock: ...you then realise you have to set a signal when there is 1 unmatched bet and your profit is <x...but wait you had a partial match on opening so now there are 2 unmatched bets..so you have to cancel first or cancel after open after x seconds etc etc. I have not written football bots yet but my tennis bot has 65 odd rules and 55 of them are dealing with what to do post open trade. ;) It runs bloody flawlessly... for months....it breaks even..but that's a whole other problem :D
Anyway..just my 10c about looking deep into logs and watching the bot run...you may see the reason for the lack of function.It is very very hard this automation game :ugeek:
spock

Amen to that
manicdolphin

Hi Dallas,

Many thanks for the post. The first game in tested it on may have been an exception, the were three goals in the first 21 mins and at 1-2 to the underdogs it cashed out for a 1.59 loss. Is there anyway you can get the automation to look at cash out value and green up when in profit?

Regards
Dallas

manicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:29 am
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks for the post. The first game in tested it on may have been an exception, the were three goals in the first 21 mins and at 1-2 to the underdogs it cashed out for a 1.59 loss. Is there anyway you can get the automation to look at cash out value and green up when in profit?

Regards
Yes, you can add Green All Profit condition
Profit is greater than £0.00

The bot itself is also more suited to liquid markets, on weaker ones with gaps between the prices it may be fooled into triggering at wrong times
manicdolphin

Hi Dallas,

Many thanks for your reply. I have added the amendments and will see how it runs. I appreciate that the markets are fickle animals and can't all be tamed.

Thank you, once again
webcash

Hello.

Thanks you for all the good post.
I am new on this bot system and have a few ideas .
It is possible to make one bot there you get signal from U/O 1,5 goals and placed the bet on under 2,5 goals?
I will explain:

The the game start will under 1,5 be about 3,5-4
if a goal been scored after 10 min will the odds before goal be : say
3,2 odds
The bot shall then be already in the marked for under 2,5 goal for 3,2 odds.
So i need
1. signal from under 1,5 goal ,
2. Back plassed under 2,5 goal with same odds from under 1,5 market
3. need to "fill or kill" and changes the odds every 30 sek or 1 min
4 need to "keep in" with goal
so we are already in the marked when suspended is finished
5, bot stops after this first goal
5 green up after 5 min or 10-30 % profit

I hope you understend what i meen

cheers

Atle
Dallas

webcash wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:10 pm
Hello.

Thanks you for all the good post.
I am new on this bot system and have a few ideas .
It is possible to make one bot there you get signal from U/O 1,5 goals and placed the bet on under 2,5 goals?
I will explain:

The the game start will under 1,5 be about 3,5-4
if a goal been scored after 10 min will the odds before goal be : say
3,2 odds
The bot shall then be already in the marked for under 2,5 goal for 3,2 odds.
So i need
1. signal from under 1,5 goal ,
2. Back plassed under 2,5 goal with same odds from under 1,5 market
3. need to "fill or kill" and changes the odds every 30 sek or 1 min
4 need to "keep in" with goal
so we are already in the marked when suspended is finished
5, bot stops after this first goal
5 green up after 5 min or 10-30 % profit

I hope you understend what i meen

cheers

Atle
There is already one that does exactly this
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16255
Flomorgan15

Dallas wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:08 pm
These are basic Guardian automation files for use on Football markets.

This is a reworked version of the original Lay the Draw Strategy, the key difference is instead of triggering a green up bet if the draw odds have risen (as this can also happen when a red card is given) this version now uses a 2nd automation file which is applied to the CS market to continually test the 0-0 scoreline.

There are therefore two files to download, the main ‘lay the draw file’ which is, of course, applied to the match odds market and will place a £10 lay bet on the draw at the best price 1 minute before K.O, during the match if a goal is scored it will then green up, it will do this approx. 60secs after the market unsuspends allowing time for it to reform so that you green up at a good price.

The second file called ‘Check 0-0 CS and Store Value file’ this is to be applied to the Correct Score market, its job is simply to store the price of the 0-0 scoreline and share that with the main lay the draw file.

So, after adding the match odds and Correct score markets to guardian for each game you’re interested in and applying the relevant files to each it would look like this on your main guardian page

LTD and CS Guardian.JPG

How it Works

When the match kicks off the ‘Check 0-0 CS and Store value’ file will continually store the current back price of the 0-0 score line every 60 seconds as a ‘stored value’ on the 'Event' which I’ve named ‘odds’.
'By storing the value at the 'Event' level it means any other market from the same fixture can reference and use it - but for this example, its only being referenced by the lay the draw file applied to the match odds market'

The green up rule within the lay the draw file then has a ‘Stored value condition’ to test if the value of the stored value named ‘odds’ is greater than 40 (ie, the price on the 0-0 CS must be greater than 40 before this green up rule is able to trigger).

The reason this works is because during a football match even if a score line is no longer achievable people can still bet on it, so you will always see money still offering to lay usually at 1000 in the hope that someone mis-clicks and backs – even at these odds it’s a sure thing if that result is impossible.
You could set the conditions to test for a back price of 1000.0 instead of 40 as 1000 is what will be offered in almost every major match following a goal, but if you want to run it on low-level matches with less traded money odds then of 1000 won’t always appear even after a goal so using a price around 40 allows the files to be run on a wider range of matches

To use these files just click on the following two links below ’Lay the Draw.Baf’ and ‘Check 0-0 CS and Store Value.Baf’ and this will download them to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
How would you adjust to cover the 1-1 draw instead of the 0-0. please advise.
Dallas

Flomorgan15 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:10 pm

How would you adjust to cover the 1-1 draw instead of the 0-0. please advise.
The easiest way would be to start with the standard lay the draw file,
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11309

Then add in the signal rule to identify when goals have been scored similar to the signal goals rule in this file
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12490

You'd need to increment a signal value on the home team
Then add another for the away team

Your Lay rule would then need 2 x signal value condition, one to test the home team the other the away team,
alastairdixon

i have this one running at the moment with some mods of my own however, when it all happened as it should (automation and circumstances of the match) , the green up and close trade didn't trigger. upon investigating i found that the Correct Score odds for 0-0 haven't changed to 1000-1 or even 40-1 but slowly, over 20 minutes, risen from 7 to 16. no problem with the bot, i'm just curious as to why the odds on betfair haven't changed. should the other team score, i lose when i should have actually automatically traded out 20 minutes ago. does anybody know the reason for this?

cheers.
jtrader

Is it wrong if stored value of "Checking 0-0 CS at HT" is checking by the "Lay Price of the Selection"(when it's equal to 0) instead of "Back Price of the Selection"? Cause Back Price for CS 0-0 could varies in different events,but I think there aren't traders who wanna back to impossible score(0-0 at HT) when there are goal or goals scored in the 1st half.
Dallas

jtrader wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Is it wrong if stored value of "Checking 0-0 CS at HT" is checking by the "Lay Price of the Selection"(when it's equal to 0) instead of "Back Price of the Selection"? Cause Back Price for CS 0-0 could varies in different events,but I think there aren't traders who wanna back to impossible score(0-0 at HT) when there are goal or goals scored in the 1st half.
You could use the lay price but if I remember rightly when there isn't any price avalible it can't be recongnised by the condition due to the way it defaults so you'd need additional condition/s so its easier just to use the back price.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”