Back the Server Guardian Automation Bot for Tennis

Dallas

smd100 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:25 am
Hi Dallas - couple of questions

I saw somewhere on the board a rule you can implement on trade the sever to green up and stop backing servers when profit is met, can you point me in the direction of that please?

Also, how can i get BA to only trade the first set of the match as I don't want to trade servers after this

many thanks
The following thread explains how to stop a rule triggering when a profit/loss is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656

The second part needs to be done with signals.
So you would add a condition to your back/lay rule

Signal set condition
The Signal named (whatever you call it below)
is NOT set with a value

Then add a 'Set/Modify signal rule' applied to ANY selection
and on the signal tab choose 'set signal' on the market (and give it a name)

then add a fixed score condition
Set 1 - 0
games ANY
Points ANY

That will do it
smd100

Brilliant - thank you Dallas!
BerkshireBok

I’m trying the Server bot for the first time. The back bets are placed fine. There are times when the bot isn’t closed at the end of the game. So my liability increases all the time. Am I missing something? The only change I made was to the bet value (£2).
Dallas

BerkshireBok wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:57 pm
I’m trying the Server bot for the first time. The back bets are placed fine. There are times when the bot isn’t closed at the end of the game. So my liability increases all the time. Am I missing something? The only change I made was to the bet value (£2).
It could be due to not refreshing the markets quickly enough, the following thread explains how markets are refreshed and cycled in guardian as well as some tips on how to set guardian up optimally for what you're doing
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
BerkshireBok

Thanks Dallas. Have read through the thread. I’ve learned a bit about refreshing now and the impact of loading lots of markets in Guardian. i have done some tweaks. I don’t think that was the issue for my particular problem though.

I’ve watched a tennis match start and the server started under 2.0; and stayed there for a long time, without a bet being launched. Then after a few games, a bet gets placed. So a bit random, with no pattern. I’ll play around a bit more and see what I find. Thanks.
Dallas

BerkshireBok wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:59 pm
Thanks Dallas. Have read through the thread. I’ve learned a bit about refreshing now and the impact of loading lots of markets in Guardian. i have done some tweaks. I don’t think that was the issue for my particular problem though.

I’ve watched a tennis match start and the server started under 2.0; and stayed there for a long time, without a bet being launched. Then after a few games, a bet gets placed. So a bit random, with no pattern. I’ll play around a bit more and see what I find. Thanks.
No probs, if it does occur again if you post the section of the log for the market ill take a look see if there is anything in there
BerkshireBok

I think I have it sorted. I switched on Exchange streaming, changed the Refresh Interval to 20 milliseconds, reduced the number of markets loaded, and most importantly - switched off Restrict Refresh. It was playing havoc. I’ll use it selectively in future.

Now I’m running a few of the shared scripts to test my processes. Next step is to find a market edge!

Thanks again.
DaveJessop

Hi Dallas - I really can't get this to trigger - the only thing I have changed from the original .baf is the stake

Am I missing something?
Dallas

DaveJessop wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:59 am
Hi Dallas - I really can't get this to trigger - the only thing I have changed from the original .baf is the stake

Am I missing something?
Are you trying to use it on the Australian open?
DaveJessop

yes - is this only for 3 set games?
Dallas

DaveJessop wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm
yes - is this only for 3 set games?
There is no live score feed from Betfair on the Australian open, so any automation that uses score or server conditions won't work on it
DaveJessop

Mystery solved - thanks for the reply
bhafcseagull

Hi

Is there any way to stop the bet being placed when its a tie break?

Thanks
Dallas

bhafcseagull wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 pm
Hi

Is there any way to stop the bet being placed when its a tie break?

Thanks
Yes, you can add a 'Set/Modify Signal' rule applied to ANY selection and on the signal tab set a signal on the market (with a name of your choice)
Then add a tennis fixed score condition with the following
points 0
Games 6
Sets ANY

So that rule will set a signal when a player reaches 6 games

Then on the back bet rule add a Signal Set condition to test the signal named (whatever you called it) is NOT set with a value

You'll then need another 'Set/Modify Signal rule this time on the signal tab clear the signal named (whatever you called it)
and add a tennis fixed score condition with the following
points 0
Games 0
Sets ANY
rodrigonog1995

Can we use this strategy in challenger tournaments ?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”