Lay the Server Guardian Automation Bot for Tennis

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Tennis matches.

The bot will Lay your Nominated player at the start of there service game for £10 liability providing their last traded price is less than 3.00

At the end of the game it will close the trade on that player, it will then will repeat the above each time your nominated player serves.

Laying the Server tends to be best suited to womens matches due to there being more breaks of serve and also to matches on Clay, Check out a blog by Peter with some service break stats here.

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2016/04 ... o-see-red/

To use the file just click on the Lay the Server.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

After you have applied the rule to all your markets you then need to select your Nominated player to run the rule on, you do this by using the dropdown menu on guardians main page to select the player you want in the "Automation Nominated Selection 1" (See middle Image).

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gareth75

hi
i would like to know if its possible to use the LAY THE SERVER bot (automation rule) on the shared files page but slightly changing the rule. instead of picking a specific player or fav before the match, am i able to change the rule to lay the server whoever is fav in the match at that given time. is this possible to do with this rule or will it not fire beacase of all the specific parameters/conditions of this rule.when i try & change the rule a window pops up stopping me ,saying " please enter the sorted position of the selection you wissh to use" can i get round this issue
thanks
gareth
Dallas

Yes you can change it just to trade the current fav by selecting
"Applies to poision (sorted in order of favourtism) 1"

There is a few other parts you would need to modify in the conditions as the rule currently looks at closing and greening up etc on who is serving which is fine when using the same nominated player.

But if the fav swaps places during a game then the close/green up wont trigger correctly.

ie, if it greens when the fav is not serving and the player you have just layed lost the game and is no longer the fav it wont green at the start of the next game as the other player is now serving and fav.
Evil

Hi Dallas,

First of all, thanks for all your hard work and generosity in sharing the automation files. I've been using a few that I've modified, with varying results but I regularly come across the same problem, best shown by a variation of this Lay the Server Bot.

What happens is that the bot triggers multiple times, even though the unmatched and matched bets condition is set to zero and the score has moved away from 0,*,0. I've also seen this multiple triggering with other bots, so I was wondering if there was some form of safety net condition I could employ?

I don't know if it's related but I've also had problems on greening. When my original lay bet is greened up, occasionally a back bet is also placed into the market at the greening price, normally ruining the trade as the market continues to move.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated and thanks again.

Evil
Dallas

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:51 pm
Hi Dallas,

First of all, thanks for all your hard work and generosity in sharing the automation files. I've been using a few that I've modified, with varying results but I regularly come across the same problem, best shown by a variation of this Lay the Server Bot.

What happens is that the bot triggers multiple times, even though the unmatched and matched bets condition is set to zero and the score has moved away from 0,*,0. I've also seen this multiple triggering with other bots, so I was wondering if there was some form of safety net condition I could employ?

I don't know if it's related but I've also had problems on greening. When my original lay bet is greened up, occasionally a back bet is also placed into the market at the greening price, normally ruining the trade as the market continues to move.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated and thanks again.

Evil
If the matched/unmatched bets are set to zero then its should nt be able to fire more than once (providing the re-arm time has not been changed to less than 5 seconds) and is now beating the in-play delay.

These conditions are often used as part of an automation file, as the safety new to control how many bets are allowed through, if you have a log from some of the markets and want to post the relevent part/s up i can take a look for you see if i can spot whats going on

Greening also works the same way, there has to be enough time between re-arms to all the first to reach the market - if its then unmatched or part unmatched after a period of time and another triggers it will cancel whats left of the first and try to green you up again at the current price.
FinDelMundo

Hi Dallas - thanks for the Bot.

I've been testing it today and it lays the nominated server at the start of a Tie Break when the Tie Break score is 0-0, which is not what I would choose.

Can you suggest a way to avoid laying the server in Tie Breaks? Ideally I would like a "Tennis Fixed Score Condition" to be set to NOT EQUAL 6,6. But I can't see how this can be done (the NOT EQUAL bit).

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, Fin.
Dallas

FinDelMundo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:51 pm
Hi Dallas - thanks for the Bot.

I've been testing it today and it lays the nominated server at the start of a Tie Break when the Tie Break score is 0-0, which is not what I would choose.

Can you suggest a way to avoid laying the server in Tie Breaks? Ideally I would like a "Tennis Fixed Score Condition" to be set to NOT EQUAL 6,6. But I can't see how this can be done (the NOT EQUAL bit).

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, Fin.
If you add a 'set/modify signal' rule with a fixed tennis score cond you can set a signal on any score line
Then on your lay rule add a 'signal' set condition
is the signal
named (whatever you called it)
NOT set with a value

ie, once its been set your lay wont be able to trigger - then just clear the signal start of next set

This example file uses that setup to stop further bets if a set gets to 5-5 so you could copy from that file if you get stuck
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 51&t=14252
FinDelMundo

Thanks Dallas, good idea. I'll set that up.

On another note, does bet angel record practice mode trades anywhere, or are they lost when Bet Angel closes? Is there anyway to create a log?

Thanks, Fin.
Dallas

FinDelMundo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm
Thanks Dallas, good idea. I'll set that up.

On another note, does bet angel record practice mode trades anywhere, or are they lost when Bet Angel closes? Is there anyway to create a log?

Thanks, Fin.
Here you go
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11349
FinDelMundo

Thanks again Dallas - looks good.
stuartburford

Hi There, I wondered if it is possible to build automations that can apply more than 1 set of rules

i.e. lay the server serving to stay in the set but not serving for the set, along with laying specified server only when a break up and not past game 9 of the set etc? adding to that if server is laid and is not broken then to close the trade at the end of the game?

or lay the server only at 40-30 or advantage 40 ? but at no other point?

I am just embarking on automating some strategies.

Best Stuart
DavDvo

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:35 pm
Laying the Server tends to be best suited to women's matches due to there being more breaks of serve and also to matches on Clay, Check out a blog by Peter with some service break stats here.

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2016/04 ... o-see-red/
Is this reflected also at in play odds? I mean - we have two identical matches one played by man and one by woman. The score is developing exactly the same way. Crucial question is - will the odds at the same stage of the game be equal for both games or will the fact of greater volatility for a match played by woman be reflected in odds? From my point of view - if odds are different than the edge originating in a higher probability of break is lost...
Dallas

The odds reflect the chances of a player winning the match from that stage of the game
DavDvo

Of course, but my question is if this chance is considered to be different if played by man or women.
Say pre play odds were 2, the score in the match is 6-4, 4-3 and odds for player A who is going to serve is 1.4 now.
Will this be the same if this match is played by women?
It is not possible to enter gender to BA Tennis trader so this software will show the same predicted odds, but how it works in reality? When I tested tennis trader I noticed that there are significant violations from predicted odds as the game evolves so this may be one of the reasons?
pajuo

Hi Dallas,

thanks for sharing your bot.

I would like to change it so the lay the server applies to both players, not only to one I nominate.

Is this possible without having conflicts within the rules?

Thanks!

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”