Greening up issues

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jossy_79

I've finally turned a lot of my automation files 'live' after running them in practice mode for a while and am noticing some interesting dynamics that didn't previously occur. Most of them I've got a handle on but a couple have eluded me.

1) A Close Trade of Selection with Greening bet was matched and then 10 seconds later (the set refresh time for the rule) a second one was matched. Is this possible because the first bet was matched in between the second bet being fired into the market and it also being matched? If yes do you have any advice on how to avoid this?

2) In a 'lay the server when a break up' file a lay bet was matched and then the selection was broken which should have resulted in a nice profit. However, the closure back bet kept being cancelling and re-fired at lower and lower odds. Eventually it was matched at 1.1 for a loss. I'm trading Challenger markets which can be fairly low of traded volume - I presume this was probably because there was no volume at a decent price at that time. What would be a good set of conditions to ensure the closure bet is only fired when there is a decent amount of volume at sensible prices? I'm planning on inserting a backstop to ensure the profit is green before trading - that should stop losses. I also have a feeling I've seen a condition example somewhere that looks at the back and lay prices to ensure they are within a few ticks before trading. I've looked for that condition example to make sure I get it right but I can't find it - could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance guys.
Euler

(1) This is probably the inplay delay, so delay any automation to hedge outside of this window

(2) I've never really dabbled in challenger matches, so I don't know what sort of spread you are up against. But cross matching may help here? I don't know if you have virtual bets switched on or not in Bet Angel but that would probably make the market look a little bit fuller.
Jossy_79

Thanks Euler - back from hols now.

1) Would this be something simple like making sure there are no unmatched bets in the market?

2) I've not experimented with virtual bets - is this similar to optimised greening? I had an issue with that when I tried using it... viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18972

Thanks again

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”