Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Mr Jerry Twig

Hi, I am looking to lay the field but dont want the bets to fire unless 2 or more horses get matched at 2.0. Then have it set for say 1.5 for example. New to automation so would appreciate any help with this one, thanks
Dallas

Mr Jerry Twig wrote:Hi, I am looking to lay the field but dont want the bets to fire unless 2 or more horses get matched at 2.0. Then have it set for say 1.5 for example. New to automation so would appreciate any help with this one, thanks
Do you mean only fire the bets once two runners have traded at or below 2.0 at any point during the race - or if two runners trade at or below 2.0 at exactly the same time?
Mr Jerry Twig

Hi Dallas, yes, only when at least 2 have been matched at 2.0 at any point in the race. When 2 have been matched then it fires in the lay the field.
Mr Jerry Twig

Just reading what i said and i dont think i said it right. When at least 2 have traded at 2.0 then the lay the field bet goes in..
Dallas

Mr Jerry Twig wrote:Hi Dallas, yes, only when at least 2 have been matched at 2.0 at any point in the race. When 2 have been matched then it fires in the lay the field.
This can be achieved by adding a few signals to the rule, first create a new rule type by clicking on the green plus icon then,

General
Set/Modify a Signal
armed 00:00:01
to 00:10:00
trigger 2 times, re-arm 2 secs
Applies to POS 1 in order of Fav

Conditions
Fixed odds condtion
Selections 'Last traded price'
is 'Less' than 2.0

Signal Set Condtion
The Signal named 'something else'
for 'the selection'
is NOT set with a value

Signals
Signal for Market
Action 'Increment Signal Value'
Signal Name 'anything you want'

Signal for Selection
Action ‘Set Signal’
Signal Name ‘something else’ Value ‘any number’

Then to the existing lay the field rule type add

Conditions
Signal Value Condition
The Value of the Signal named ‘anything you want’
For ‘the Market’
Is ‘equal’ to 2

That now requires two different runners to set a signal when they trade at 2.0 or less as soon as the 2nd signal has been set the LTF rule will trigger.
Mr Jerry Twig

Thank you Dallas, Much appreciated. Il give it a try today.
Mr Jerry Twig

Hi Dallas, I tried that lay the field today but for some reason no bets went in even though 2 were matched at 2.0. Not sure what went wrong, i tried it on a few races but the same happened. Iv attached a screen shot if that helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It would suggest the signal your setting for the market and/or the signal condition in the LTF rule type are not matching up therefore preventing the actual LTF from triggering.

Its likely down to a simple spelling mistake between the signal name being set and the one being used in the condtion.
Or
You have selected the signal for selection rather than market for this condtion

If you have double checked these already and cant see any other areas if you upload the rule ill have a quick look in the morning.
Mr Jerry Twig

Thanks again Dallas, I had the signal selected for selection, not market. Hope it works this time. Thanks for your patience.
Mr Jerry Twig

Hi Dallas, Still the same, wont trigger the lay the field, screenshot and rule attached if you can have a look when you get a chance, thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

There was a few things wrong. The arm time for the signals where not during play (but before and after event start time which could result in a none trigger on a delayed start), but more importantly the actual lay the field rule was only allowed to trigger for the first 5 seconds of the race.
The signal was only set to trigger the one time, its need to be at least two for it to signal two different runners.
There was no signal conditions on the actual lay the field rule, and i have also charged the names used (the 'anything you want' and 'something else') where just quick examples your always best keeping signal names short, down to one word and all in lower case.

I have made all the changes needed and attached the file back, i have not had chance to try it but it should work fine now
Mr Jerry Twig

Again, thank you Dallas for your time and patience. I just tested it on the last race and it works fine.
Mr Jerry Twig

This might seem like a stupid question but the screen shot shows a stewards inquiry which happened today, Im just wondering if black warrior had 1st place taken away how would that have affected my profit? Im guessing it would be whatever is in green but not sure as I had opportunity to take more profit as the inquiry went on for nearly 20 minutes. I know with dead heats it can affect profits in the lay the field but not sure if the decision is reversed what happens
Dallas

You will win or lose the amount shown under the selections name once the result is officially announced, in very rare occasions they will re-settle any bets if the official result at the time of the "weigh-in" announcement differ from any initial settlement.
MrDorset

Had a lot of trouble Lay the Field traded at 2.0 bot in practice mode quite a few times it only laid one horse which is a loss, then there were instances where it laid 2 at vastly different odds under 2 which would result in more losses.
At times it did do what it was supposed to do and there were winners when 3 horses were laid below 2. but on the whole I would have been very much in the red had I run this automation for real.
I see there is a new bot with added bells and whistles Two Runners Trading Below 2.0 within 5 Secs Automation Bot I hope this one does a better job.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”