Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Oscar

Hi Dallas,
I've printed and studied all the information from the links you sent re signals. It's my first time editing a bot.
Trying to apply these rules to my requirements has been interesting, but fruitless. For some reason I keep getting a back bet matched immediately before any lay bets are matched.
I set up the file that you suggested, and it worked, but somehow it got deleted and I couldn't replicate it again. :oops:
I'm sending you my best attempt at using signals, bot, and the one you described. Am I anywhere near?
I want to lay the field @4 and back all matched lay bets with a back bet @5.
Best regards
Lay field @4 triggers Back bet @5.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oscar

Hi again Dallas,
You said that I could give you a nudge re my signals.
Yesterday's bots that I compiled didn't work at all. I tried them out later on the races but nothing fired from either.
These are the latest of many that I have set up. Each one has had it's own agenda, not mine.
I'm not looking for a strategy, just how to apply it to automation. I really prefer to crack on and work it out for myself, which I have been trying to do, but I'm not improving with age.
Hope you can help me out.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 am
Hi again Dallas,
You said that I could give you a nudge re my signals.
Yesterday's bots that I compiled didn't work at all. I tried them out later on the races but nothing fired from either.
These are the latest of many that I have set up. Each one has had it's own agenda, not mine.
I'm not looking for a strategy, just how to apply it to automation. I really prefer to crack on and work it out for myself, which I have been trying to do, but I'm not improving with age.
Hope you can help me out.
I'v just downloaded the file this morning but not had a chance to check it, ill do so after the days racing finishes and post back with some suggestions,
Dallas

Here you go, I've not had chance to test it as I done it between races but it should demonstrate the signals they way you want
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oscar

Thank you so much Dallas, I was way out.
And you did it between races! :shock:
Out of interest, what does "R8" stand for in "Signal bet matched R8"?
All I can think of is 8 runners :? but it can't be.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 am
Thank you so much Dallas, I was way out.
And you did it between races! :shock:
Out of interest, what does "R8" stand for in "Signal bet matched R8"?
All I can think of is 8 runners :? but it can't be.
Glad it's worked for you
The R8 is just a typo, I was prob's going to name it something else but didn't in the end
Oscar

Hi Dallas,
Your file works well,...too well infact. I have been "tweeking" it quite a bit, but can't find a solution.
At higher prices, 3,4 the lay bet sends out a signal and I invariably get 2 bets matched, so if itgoes on to lose.....
At lower odds, the back bet doesn't always get matched.
I was thinking of reducing the number of trigger times (set at 25 or fire every second), but that wouldn't help at the lower end.
I could use offset with greening but I wanted to use a different amount for the back bet.
What is the best way of preventing more than one back bet being matched?
Thank you.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:45 pm
Hi Dallas,
Your file works well,...too well infact. I have been "tweeking" it quite a bit, but can't find a solution.
At higher prices, 3,4 the lay bet sends out a signal and I invariably get 2 bets matched, so if itgoes on to lose.....
At lower odds, the back bet doesn't always get matched.
I was thinking of reducing the number of trigger times (set at 25 or fire every second), but that wouldn't help at the lower end.
I could use offset with greening but I wanted to use a different amount for the back bet.
What is the best way of preventing more than one back bet being matched?
Thank you.
It uses signals to ensure only 1 bet is submitted per selection, its set to trigger 25 times to allow it to trigger on upto 25 different runners (highly unlikely though).

At most you should only have the eventual winner not have its back bet matched, all you can do is reduce the back price your asking for, but if a runner steams in all the way then it wont matter a loss will incur - unless you start adding stop losses but there are no guarantees this will be matched especially if its price is crashing in
Oscar

Ok, thanks Dallas,
I think I need to go back to the drawing board again. :)
Oscar

Hi Dallas,
Please may I "pm" you and upload my file? My idea works in theory, but something's gone wrong with the wiring.
Oscar

Hi again Dallas,
I've tried to compose a different file now because I can't find a condition which will cancel Just Lay bets. I thought I could achieve the same objective using signals. I've pieced it together from examples I found but the back bet still isn't being triggered. Is there any chance that you could take a look at this for me again?
Thanks in advance
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:45 pm
Hi again Dallas,
I've tried to compose a different file now because I can't find a condition which will cancel Just Lay bets. I thought I could achieve the same objective using signals. I've pieced it together from examples I found but the back bet still isn't being triggered. Is there any chance that you could take a look at this for me again?
Thanks in advance
The 'Cancel unmatched bets (price dependant)' rule can be used to just cancel backs/lays greater or less than a certain value.

If you post up the file i'll try and take a look sometime but if its unrelated to this bot or laying the field best to start a new thread for it and keep this one on topic
Bri1980

Is it possible (or is there already an automation available ) to lay the field at the start of race for a 1 or 2 tick profit ?
Dallas

Bri1980 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:26 am
Is it possible (or is there already an automation available ) to lay the field at the start of race for a 1 or 2 tick profit ?
Do you mean lay each selection at their current price and offset each for 1 or 2 ticks
Bri1980

yes

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”