Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

redbasil wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 pm
in the parameters tab all i have is a place at fixed stake button which is greyed out and a single price adjustment dial by the side and below that a liability button below which i can set to my liability to.

i have found the fixed odds conditions and set my prices but not sure how to get it to bet on any horse and not by row or named horse, is that achieved by clicking the current not set button?
I've done the first for you here, just duplicate that till you have one for all selections
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redbasil

Hi Dallas thanks for that.

I was using the lay all selections tab hoping I could do it for the entire field instead of individually.
I'm doing it for upto 15 runners so I'm guessing I repeat this 15 times just changing the row number?

Sorry this is in prime trading time

Kind regards
Dallas

redbasil wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:27 pm
Hi Dallas thanks for that.

I was using the lay all selections tab hoping I could do it for the entire field instead of individually.
I'm doing it for upto 15 runners so I'm guessing I repeat this 15 times just changing the row number?

Sorry this is in prime trading time

Kind regards
Yes thats correct
SabaiSabai

Hi Dallas,

I would like to use this bot, but with a reduced liability and thus a greater potential profit.
And the best way is to lay the field or rather part of the field at lower odds
and still not "miss" any horse running low in odds.

Is it possible in Guardian automatically to place a"trailing bet" in kind of the same way a "trailing stop" works?
So instead of trigger the lay bet on the first horse steaming in at 1.75, let it run with a trailing bet (lets say 15 ticks)
and if it runs all the way down to e.g. 1.40 and then loses stamina the lay bet will already be placed at 1.55.
And of course if a steaming horse (being the first, second or third to run low on odds) runs away from the field
with rapid decreasing odds and then wins
the lay bet on that particular steamer will never be effectuated and thus money saved
with no lay bet on the winner, (as long as it does not jump up 15 ticks on its way to the finish line...).
If possible this will be quite a fair improvement on the "Lay the Field" bot.

But the question is: Is it possible with trailing bets in Guardian?
Dallas

SabaiSabai wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi Dallas,

I would like to use this bot, but with a reduced liability and thus a greater potential profit.
And the best way is to lay the field or rather part of the field at lower odds
and still not "miss" any horse running low in odds.

Is it possible in Guardian automatically to place a"trailing bet" in kind of the same way a "trailing stop" works?
So instead of trigger the lay bet on the first horse steaming in at 1.75, let it run with a trailing bet (lets say 15 ticks)
and if it runs all the way down to e.g. 1.40 and then loses stamina the lay bet will already be placed at 1.55.
And of course if a steaming horse (being the first, second or third to run low on odds) runs away from the field
with rapid decreasing odds and then wins
the lay bet on that particular steamer will never be effectuated and thus money saved
with no lay bet on the winner, (as long as it does not jump up 15 ticks on its way to the finish line...).
If possible this will be quite a fair improvement on the "Lay the Field" bot.

But the question is: Is it possible with trailing bets in Guardian?
Due to the way Betfair match bets its not something that could be done in the way you want, the closest option would be to continually store the value of the last traded price as its below 2.0 then if it trades X ticks higher than the last stored value trigger a lay.

The problem is because of the in-play betting delay and speed the odds move you would only get it matched everytime if the horse went onto win, and you will likely miss a lot of the lays where the horse loses
gptuk

downloaded this amended it slightly but i only want to apply it to handicap races - is this selectable in conditions ?? please advise
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:22 pm
downloaded this amended it slightly but i only want to apply it to handicap races - is this selectable in conditions ?? please advise
There isn't a condition to test for the race type, the easiest way is to sort the markets once added guardian then remove all none H'caps before applying your automation
Oscar

Hi Dallas,
I've decided to wade out a bit further and try modifying one of your baff files, following 8 months of "free time" trading.
In theory, it's really simple, but despite reading, comparing and watching the video (on signalling in tennis) I just can't sort out the signal values.

All I want to do is create a bot which lays the field @4 (I can change this figure later) and then once this or these lay bets have been matched, send a signal to trigger the back bet @5. I only want them to be triggered if the lay bets have been matched. Couldn't be more simple, could it?

I know that I need to select "signal set condition" and call it "Layed" and when triggered, and that it's designed to trigger the back bet when it receives the signal.

I've completed as much as I can and I'm wizzing it over to you. I hope you can help me out.

Many thanks for your time.
Lay signals Back.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:46 pm
Hi Dallas,
I've decided to wade out a bit further and try modifying one of your baff files, following 8 months of "free time" trading.
In theory, it's really simple, but despite reading, comparing and watching the video (on signalling in tennis) I just can't sort out the signal values.

All I want to do is create a bot which lays the field @4 (I can change this figure later) and then once this or these lay bets have been matched, send a signal to trigger the back bet @5. I only want them to be triggered if the lay bets have been matched. Couldn't be more simple, could it?

I know that I need to select "signal set condition" and call it "Layed" and when triggered, and that it's designed to trigger the back bet when it receives the signal.

I've completed as much as I can and I'm wizzing it over to you. I hope you can help me out.

Many thanks for your time.Lay signals Back.baf
You wouldn't actually need 'signals' for this.

On your back bet add a 'Matched bets amount condition'
to test the amount of 'Lay bets'
is equal to the following fixed amount
£X.XX (enter whatever your lay stake is)

Or use 'number of unmatched bets condition'
on selection is equal to 0
Oscar

Hi again Dallas, and many thanks for your reply.

The reason I want to use a signal (I forgot to mention) is because I would like to use a different stake for the back bet.
I can't do that through offsetting (as far as I know) and whilst trawling through automation options, I came across "signals" which seemed to be a possible solution. Once I master the setup for this particular function, I could apply it with ease (hopefully) to other ideas. I'm sure it's a simple configuration, but one that escapes me.

Once again, thanks for your time.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:50 pm
Hi again Dallas, and many thanks for your reply.

The reason I want to use a signal (I forgot to mention) is because I would like to use a different stake for the back bet.
I can't do that through offsetting (as far as I know) and whilst trawling through automation options, I came across "signals" which seemed to be a possible solution. Once I master the setup for this particular function, I could apply it with ease (hopefully) to other ideas. I'm sure it's a simple configuration, but one that escapes me.

Once again, thanks for your time.
What I put in my last reply would still work even if using a different stake for your back bet, even if changing the stakes for your opening lay bets you could still use the 'number of matched bets cond' to save changing all the back bet conditions too.

For what your wanting to do to use signals you will need a signal rule for each selection that sets when a lay bet is matched so you'd still need the same conditions described above to set the signal.

So the back bet might as well use the condition directly rather than set a signal from them - then trigger a back bet from the signal
Oscar

Thanks again Dallas,
I'll have a go later today.
:)
Oscar

Back again Dallas,

I've set up two files now, using your suggestions with and without signals. I don't think either of them are going anywhere because there are more options in the instruction boxes than I know what to do with. Please could you take another look for me?
I'm so looking forward to setting them up as I've already been doing similar things manually on the inplay trader, which have been quite effective.
Alternatively could you please send me a link of a simple baf file B2L or L2B which has been initiated by signalling, to browse, as PW suggested in his video which demonstrates signalling during a tennis match. He aknowledged that it does sound a bit complicated, and I'm not great at reverse engineering.

Hopefully I'll crack it soon. :roll:
Oscar

Lay the field signals back bets..baf
Lay the fiels triggers Back bet.baf
:)
Dallas

Wont have the chance to look at them till later so here's what it should look like

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”