Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

There was a few things wrong. The arm time for the signals where not during play (but before and after event start time which could result in a none trigger on a delayed start), but more importantly the actual lay the field rule was only allowed to trigger for the first 5 seconds of the race.
The signal was only set to trigger the one time, its need to be at least two for it to signal two different runners.
There was no signal conditions on the actual lay the field rule, and i have also charged the names used (the 'anything you want' and 'something else') where just quick examples your always best keeping signal names short, down to one word and all in lower case.

I have made all the changes needed and attached the file back, i have not had chance to try it but it should work fine now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Jerry Twig

Again, thank you Dallas for your time and patience. I just tested it on the last race and it works fine.
Mr Jerry Twig

This might seem like a stupid question but the screen shot shows a stewards inquiry which happened today, Im just wondering if black warrior had 1st place taken away how would that have affected my profit? Im guessing it would be whatever is in green but not sure as I had opportunity to take more profit as the inquiry went on for nearly 20 minutes. I know with dead heats it can affect profits in the lay the field but not sure if the decision is reversed what happens
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

You will win or lose the amount shown under the selections name once the result is officially announced, in very rare occasions they will re-settle any bets if the official result at the time of the "weigh-in" announcement differ from any initial settlement.
MrDorset

Had a lot of trouble Lay the Field traded at 2.0 bot in practice mode quite a few times it only laid one horse which is a loss, then there were instances where it laid 2 at vastly different odds under 2 which would result in more losses.
At times it did do what it was supposed to do and there were winners when 3 horses were laid below 2. but on the whole I would have been very much in the red had I run this automation for real.
I see there is a new bot with added bells and whistles Two Runners Trading Below 2.0 within 5 Secs Automation Bot I hope this one does a better job.
Rinoa

MrDorset wrote:Had a lot of trouble Lay the Field traded at 2.0 bot in practice mode quite a few times it only laid one horse which is a loss, then there were instances where it laid 2 at vastly different odds under 2 which would result in more losses.
At times it did do what it was supposed to do and there were winners when 3 horses were laid below 2. but on the whole I would have been very much in the red had I run this automation for real.
I see there is a new bot with added bells and whistles Two Runners Trading Below 2.0 within 5 Secs Automation Bot I hope this one does a better job.
Dallas works tirelessly putting these bots together and answering any questions, but I do wonder whether anyone makes a consistent and worthwhile profit from them. Be nice to hear from anyone who has.
Akajak

I think the important part is the effort Dallas puts in to demystify the use of bots, which should make it much easier to develop your own or modify the existing ones; I don't think anyone should expect to make money from the examples in the automation section but they are invaluable as a learning tool
Nathane30

for bet angel on betdaq, there is no "keep all unmatched bets"
does this mean it automatically keeps them?

thanks
Dallas

Nathane30 wrote:for bet angel on betdaq, there is no "keep all unmatched bets"
does this mean it automatically keeps them?

thanks
If you go into
Settings > edit settings > Behaviour
You have the option of what to do with unmatched bets when the market goes in-play.
Its worth nothing that if you op to leave unmatched bets here it will apply to ALL and not just those submitted by an automation rule.

It would probebly be safer in this case to just trigger the rule a few secs after the race has gone in-play then there wont be any need to do anything with the unmatched bets
Nathane30

I had it triggered for 1s after inplay. What i was trying to do is back all @ "x" price. what it actually done was back the fav at "x" price but all the others matched at market price and therefore i ended up with a loss
Dallas

Nathane30 wrote:I had it triggered for 1s after inplay. What i was trying to do is back all @ "x" price. what it actually done was back the fav at "x" price but all the others matched at market price and therefore i ended up with a loss
Bets are always matched at the best possible odds by both Betdaq and Betfair, so if you place a back bet at odds of 1.75 and higher odds are avaliable you will be matched against these odds.

You would need to use automation to trigger the bet when 'X' odds are reached rather than place at the start of a race.
This automation file triggers a back bet a short odds so you could copy the conditions used and the way thats set up for what you want to do
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414
Nathane30

I have added "the market is in play" and "the fixed odds condtion - favourite is less than (10 ticks above what i want)"

Thanks ever so much Dallas.
Smartbot

Hello,

Please, how can I tweak this in such a way that only the first runner to trade @1.75 is layed, while the rest bets on other runners are automatically canceled?

Basically, I just wanna lay the first runner to trade @1.75 or bellow in-play. However, I'll prefer the bet to be place soon as the race starts.

The reason is because during volatile market condition, the price may just touch 1.75 and drift back up without taking the bet, but if the bet was placed soon as the race starts, It will definitely increase the chances of been matched.

So I thought; laying the field would actually get the bet to sit @ 1.75 in advance or soon as the race starts, but the only challenge now, is how to cancel the rest bets on other horses soon as the first runner to trade @1.75 is matched

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

Smartbot wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:40 am
Hello,

Please, how can I tweak this in such a way that only the first runner to trade @1.75 is layed, while the rest bets on other runners are automatically canceled?

Basically, I just wanna lay the first runner to trade @1.75 or bellow in-play. However, I'll prefer the bet to be place soon as the race starts.

The reason is because during volatile market condition, the price may just touch 1.75 and drift back up without taking the bet, but if the bet was placed soon as the race starts, It will definitely increase the chances of been matched.

So I thought; laying the field would actually get the bet to sit @ 1.75 in advance or soon as the race starts, but the only challenge now, is how to cancel the rest bets on other horses soon as the first runner to trade @1.75 is matched

Thanks in advance.
It just needs a 'Cancel unmatched bets rule' adding with the following condition
'number of matched bets condition'
on market
is greater than 0
Smartbot

OK...

Thanks for your quick response.

NB: I've added the rule 'cancel all unmatched bets in market' with the condition 'number of matched bet greater than 0' as directed.

But then, I noticed that often times, the bet doesn't get fully matched before it is cancelled. It seem once the number of marched bet is greater than 0, the rule kicks in - automatically cancelling all unmatched bets in the market including the selection that is partially matched..

Help please... I don't want rule to affect the selection

Thanks...

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”