Lay the Field Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:50 pm
Hi again Dallas, and many thanks for your reply.

The reason I want to use a signal (I forgot to mention) is because I would like to use a different stake for the back bet.
I can't do that through offsetting (as far as I know) and whilst trawling through automation options, I came across "signals" which seemed to be a possible solution. Once I master the setup for this particular function, I could apply it with ease (hopefully) to other ideas. I'm sure it's a simple configuration, but one that escapes me.

Once again, thanks for your time.
What I put in my last reply would still work even if using a different stake for your back bet, even if changing the stakes for your opening lay bets you could still use the 'number of matched bets cond' to save changing all the back bet conditions too.

For what your wanting to do to use signals you will need a signal rule for each selection that sets when a lay bet is matched so you'd still need the same conditions described above to set the signal.

So the back bet might as well use the condition directly rather than set a signal from them - then trigger a back bet from the signal
Oscar

Thanks again Dallas,
I'll have a go later today.
:)
Oscar

Back again Dallas,

I've set up two files now, using your suggestions with and without signals. I don't think either of them are going anywhere because there are more options in the instruction boxes than I know what to do with. Please could you take another look for me?
I'm so looking forward to setting them up as I've already been doing similar things manually on the inplay trader, which have been quite effective.
Alternatively could you please send me a link of a simple baf file B2L or L2B which has been initiated by signalling, to browse, as PW suggested in his video which demonstrates signalling during a tennis match. He aknowledged that it does sound a bit complicated, and I'm not great at reverse engineering.

Hopefully I'll crack it soon. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oscar

Lay the field signals back bets..baf
Lay the fiels triggers Back bet.baf
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Wont have the chance to look at them till later so here's what it should look like
Oscar

Hi Dallas,
Many thanks for the file.
I can change the odds and amount of the lay bets in "parameters" and rule "description".
The odds and amounts of the back bets only appear in the rules "description", so is this the only place I need to change the back bets?

Is there any chance that you could let me have an example of a simple B2L or L2B using a signal to trigger the second bet please?
I know that the above file will do the same trick, but I really would like to understand signals.

Best regards
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi Dallas,
Many thanks for the file.
I can change the odds and amount of the lay bets in "parameters" and rule "description".
The odds and amounts of the back bets only appear in the rules "description", so is this the only place I need to change the back bets?

Is there any chance that you could let me have an example of a simple B2L or L2B using a signal to trigger the second bet please?
I know that the above file will do the same trick, but I really would like to understand signals.

Best regards
The parameters tab is where the actual stakes used are entered, the conditions tab is where it checks to see if a bet is can be triggered
a condition of your back bets is there must be £10 of lay bets matched on a selection, therefore if you change the lay stake used on the parameters tab you would need to update the condition on the back bets rule that looks at this value

Have you read through the signal examples and the step by step thread in the automation section?
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11941
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11943

I've got a bit on over the weekend but if you have looked through those and are still stuck i'll put you a signal file together beginning of next week (you may have to nudge me Sunday eve/mon morning to remind me)
Oscar

Thanks dallas,

I read what I thought was the only description of signalling, in the instructions in automation. I screenshot everything that I thought might have been of use, but I obviously haven't been to the right place. I hate coming onto the forum because I invariably have to ask again to qualify something.

I've just about got the hang of trading, I mean like using peanuts in a game of snakes and ladders. I often look onto the forum for light relief and inspiration. Some of the guys on there are quite amusing.

You have the patience of a saint.
I hope I don't have to ask you again on Sunday.....but don't hold your breath.

Best regards
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:15 pm
Thanks dallas,

I read what I thought was the only description of signalling, in the instructions in automation. I screenshot everything that I thought might have been of use, but I obviously haven't been to the right place. I hate coming onto the forum because I invariably have to ask again to qualify something.

I've just about got the hang of trading, I mean like using peanuts in a game of snakes and ladders. I often look onto the forum for light relief and inspiration. Some of the guys on there are quite amusing.

You have the patience of a saint.
I hope I don't have to ask you again on Sunday.....but don't hold your breath.

Best regards
The user guide does detail how every feature of the software works but the advantage of the forum is that specific example's can be created and go into a lot more depth to show not just how something works but also detail a scenario it can be used and this can often help fill in the gaps if you're struggling to grasp something, so throughout the forum you'll find an example on using every major feature and most of the lesser used options somewhere so its always worth searching (or asking if you can't find what your looking for), and you should never be afraid to ask anything if your unsure - no question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer.

Anyway let me know if those links helped or if you need any further clarification or an example file still
Oscar

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for your kind words, encouragement and support.

Heading north again now into the Surrey Hills to find some proper shade, so I'll check out those links later, if and when it cools down.

All the best
Oscar

Hi Dallas,
I've printed and studied all the information from the links you sent re signals. It's my first time editing a bot.
Trying to apply these rules to my requirements has been interesting, but fruitless. For some reason I keep getting a back bet matched immediately before any lay bets are matched.
I set up the file that you suggested, and it worked, but somehow it got deleted and I couldn't replicate it again. :oops:
I'm sending you my best attempt at using signals, bot, and the one you described. Am I anywhere near?
I want to lay the field @4 and back all matched lay bets with a back bet @5.
Best regards
Lay field @4 triggers Back bet @5.baf
Oscar

Hi again Dallas,
You said that I could give you a nudge re my signals.
Yesterday's bots that I compiled didn't work at all. I tried them out later on the races but nothing fired from either.
These are the latest of many that I have set up. Each one has had it's own agenda, not mine.
I'm not looking for a strategy, just how to apply it to automation. I really prefer to crack on and work it out for myself, which I have been trying to do, but I'm not improving with age.
Hope you can help me out.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 am
Hi again Dallas,
You said that I could give you a nudge re my signals.
Yesterday's bots that I compiled didn't work at all. I tried them out later on the races but nothing fired from either.
These are the latest of many that I have set up. Each one has had it's own agenda, not mine.
I'm not looking for a strategy, just how to apply it to automation. I really prefer to crack on and work it out for myself, which I have been trying to do, but I'm not improving with age.
Hope you can help me out.
I'v just downloaded the file this morning but not had a chance to check it, ill do so after the days racing finishes and post back with some suggestions,
Dallas

Here you go, I've not had chance to test it as I done it between races but it should demonstrate the signals they way you want
Oscar

Thank you so much Dallas, I was way out.
And you did it between races! :shock:
Out of interest, what does "R8" stand for in "Signal bet matched R8"?
All I can think of is 8 runners :? but it can't be.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”