Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

bimbi

Thanks very much Dallas
bimbi

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:37 am
Hi Marc
Think Dallas would agree that these BOT as intended as a foundation (not a full blown strategy as such).

It might help you out..
Try adding another condition that looks at the book percentage too..(on the back side)
Have a think about what would happen if it became a close race?

Also you might want to edit the 2 to something like 2.06 (yes you will lose a few pennies if two trade under 2.06), but you will get matched more..you'd besurprised how many touch this area but doesnt go under..

Tomorrow have a think about what other rule you could put in to filter some of the non qualifying races etc

Regards
Peter
bimbi

HI Peter ,can you please tell me what do you mean with (you will lose few pennies if tow get traded under 2.06 ,if is only one triggering with this bot ,please.Thank you.
PeterLe

bimbi wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:52 pm
HI Peter ,can you please tell me what do you mean with (you will lose few pennies if tow get traded under 2.06 ,if is only one triggering with this bot ,please.Thank you.
Hi
If you were to lay two selections and both lay prices were above 2.0, then you would lose overall.
My suggestion would be to create a very simple spreadsheet and play around with the numbers so you can understand the book percentages.
Take a screen shot of a market (say 4 runners) 1 hour out and then another 2 min out and plug those numbers into your spreadsheet. manually adjust the figs and you will see the changes in book percentage etc
You will see that the odds can only move so far before traders step in to correct the prices.
Regards
Peter
calvinkbee

This is a great script and one I am using in test mode as I practise automation scripts...thanks Dallas!

I have tried editting this script to create a script that will lay a specific horse if it hits 3.0 in running and then put an immediate back bet @3.5 on condition only that the lay bet has been matched.

I'm struggling - but then a newbie.

If anyone has any advice as to which steps I should follow in the automation it would be greatfully appreciated.
Dallas

calvinkbee wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:09 pm
I have tried editting this script to create a script that will lay a specific horse if it hits 3.0 in running and then put an immediate back bet @3.5 on condition only that the lay bet has been matched.
Probs easier to make a new file, all you need is to add a 'Place Lay bet' rule type
Armed at 00:00:01 after market goes in-play
Applied to 'Guardian Nominated Selection 1'

On parameters tab
Fixed odds 3.0

Offset Bet with Greening
10 ticks

Tick fill or kill
Fill or Kill secs 600
Batches 1

That will do it - apply it to the days markets and select the runner you want in the 'Automation Nominated Selection 1' column on the main guardian page.
calvinkbee

Many thanks Dallas
I didn't expect such a quick reply so it is much appreciated!! :)

I'll give it a go and thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

It's been quite a crazy day in running today. Many double 1.5 lays....quite incredible.
Some days it happens and some days there is nothing ;)

I hope your trading is going well
calvinkbee

Hi Dallas
Hope I am not being any bother but when using this method and still ensuring the radio button for 'any selection' is chosen in the rule...when trying it in practise mode it keeps just placing a lay on the first row horse, irrespective of its price.
Any ideas?
Dallas

calvinkbee wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:07 pm
Hi Dallas
Hope I am not being any bother but when using this method and still ensuring the radio button for 'any selection' is chosen in the rule...when trying it in practise mode it keeps just placing a lay on the first row horse, irrespective of its price.
Any ideas?
It needs to be applied to 'Guardian Nominated Selection 1'
You then need to specify the runner you want for each race on the main guardian page.
calvinkbee

Many thanks again for the quick reply.
I'll give it a go :)
ITM

Hello Chaps!

Sorry please, I'm not sure this is the right place for such; but I'll be glad if any one can assist me with this:

I have created an automation rule to back the second favorite, soon as the back price drops bellow 1.86 in-pay.

However, I need assistance on how to automatically close or green up, should the price reverse against me, and drift above 3.0

Best Regards...
Mr.James
Dallas

ITM wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:10 pm
Hello Chaps!

Sorry please, I'm not sure this is the right place for such; but I'll be glad if any one can assist me with this:

I have created an automation rule to back the second favorite, soon as the back price drops bellow 1.86 in-pay.

However, I need assistance on how to automatically close or green up, should the price reverse against me, and drift above 3.0

Best Regards...
Mr.James
The best way is to add a 'green all selections' rule with a 'green all profit' condition
is less than -£X

You could set that to trigger 3 times and re arm every 2 seconds
ITM

OK.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll give it a try soonest, and get back to you.
MrJames

Hi,

Please, kindly assist;

I'm trying to built a Bot that would monitor and set a signal on the first favorite to trade bellow 2.0 during in-play, or who's SP was already less than 2.0, so that, as soon as the selected horse starts to drift back up to above 5.0, a Lay bet of $80 liability should be placed at a fixed odds of 5.0.

My challenge, is setting up the above Signal and ensuring that the lay bet triggers at exactly 5.0.

The Idea is based on my observation that most of the times, the first favorite to trade bellow 2.0 during in-play, or who's starting price was already less than 2.0 , but latter drift back up above 5.0, tend to lose. Perhaps, due to weakening horse or false favorite as the case may be.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

MrJames wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:09 pm
Hi,

Please, kindly assist;

I'm trying to built a Bot that would monitor and set a signal on the first favorite to trade bellow 2.0 during in-play, or who's SP was already less than 2.0, so that, as soon as the selected horse starts to drift back up to above 5.0, a Lay bet of $80 liability should be placed at a fixed odds of 5.0.

My challenge, is setting up the above Signal and ensuring that the lay bet triggers at exactly 5.0.

The Idea is based on my observation that most of the times, the first favorite to trade bellow 2.0 during in-play, or who's starting price was already less than 2.0 , but latter drift back up above 5.0, tend to lose. Perhaps, due to weakening horse or false favorite as the case may be.

Thanks in advance
Try this one
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12359

It already has the signals required in place and lays a runner drifting back out so you just need to amend to the odds you want

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”