Lay the Poor Starter Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm
Hi Dallas
Bit of both really!
Happened again tonight aswell. I have made a copy of the log if you wish to see it!
Which part of it didn't work?
The log you posted above seems to look like everything triggered OK
billbo001

I agree Dallas. In the log it said this “An error occurred while cancelling bets: The entire order has been rejected.” Do you know what this means? Would you suggest any more parameters or conditions I could add?
Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:26 am
I agree Dallas. In the log it said this “An error occurred while cancelling bets: The entire order has been rejected.” Do you know what this means? Would you suggest any more parameters or conditions I could add?
Its normally if the Betfair matching engine has started matching a bet this error is thrown (ie, the bet is no longer there to be matched or is being part matched).
But another cancel order triggered at the same time which completed the task if the error was relating to the same bet

There's nothing you can add/change to rectify this sometimes these things happen, so wouldn't worry about it unless it begins causing issues like not cancelling at all or doing so after a delayed time etc
billbo001

Thanks Dallas
Could I ask you to have a look at the file when you get a chance in your busy schedule, if you would change or add any conditions or parameters to the automation?
billbo001

Hi Dallas
Hope all is well, just wondered if you could help in fine tuning this automation.
Thankyou in advance
Will
Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:11 pm
Thanks Dallas
Could I ask you to have a look at the file when you get a chance in your busy schedule, if you would change or add any conditions or parameters to the automation?
If it's not behaving as you expect or want to make a certain change I can advise the best way to go about it, but I try not to get involved with the actual advising of what tweaks to make etc, this is something users need to figure out themselves and the only way to do so is through plenty of testing and note keeping with subtle tweaks as they go
billbo001

Thankyou, maybe just advise sir!
Swimming999

hiya guys

need help please,how can i put a back bet after the lay bet, so its not a straight lay

please thanks
jimibt

Swimming999 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 am
hiya guys

need help please,how can i put a back bet after the lay bet, so its not a straight lay

please thanks
do you mean an offset back bet against the lay bet?? or a seperate back bet on a different runner??
..your question is a bit rushed sounding :D
Swimming999

hiya offset the back bet on same runner , sorry i dont explain thing properly

thank you
jimibt

nothing fancy required here, haven't seen the original rule, nor obviously your amended rule. however, you just want to select your bet type as: Offset Bet with Greening. You also want to add a fill/kill timing on that (so as only to raise the offset bet once the lay has been matched). I'd suggest a fill/kill time of about 5-8 seconds to start off and then vary as required if you find you're missing a match on the opening bet.
Swimming999

thanks jim :D :D
ajm0000

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:47 pm
BusanMike wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:39 pm
I was wondering in relation to this idea. Is it possible to place an unmatched bet at say a lay price of twenty on a horse trading say at a back price less than ten before the market is inplay and then keep the bet once the race starts?

I've tried to do this on automation but it keeps just matching my bet at the horses current price.
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 643#p98643

Hi, very old thread, but was hoping someone could maybe help me trying to lay at higher than current odds, as per Dallas' helpful post.
My aim is to lay at a percentage higher than BSP - is this possible rather than set number of ticks? I mean, after race starts, lay a horse after it drifts a certain percentage from its actual BSP.
Thanks!
Last edited by ajm0000 on Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

ajm0000 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:49 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:47 pm
BusanMike wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:39 pm
I was wondering in relation to this idea. Is it possible to place an unmatched bet at say a lay price of twenty on a horse trading say at a back price less than ten before the market is inplay and then keep the bet once the race starts?

I've tried to do this on automation but it keeps just matching my bet at the horses current price.
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 643#p98643

Hi, very old thread, but was hoping someone could maybe help me trying to lay at higher than current odds, as per Dallas' helpful post.
My aim is to lay at a percentage higher than BSP - is this possible rather than set number of ticks? I mean, after race starts, lay a horse after it drifts a certain percentage from its actual BSP.
Thanks!
If you add a 'Stored Value' condition to your 'Place Lay Bet' rule set up as shown below that will do it for you (at the very bottom just add in whatever percentage you want to use)

SV.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenfrost

Hi Dallas

in the part of the file for greening up it says fill or kill in 10 seconds.

Does this refer to initial lay or is it referring to the green up part?

If the latter, does that not mean there is a danger the green up does not occur if it is killed after 10 seconds?

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”