Lay the Outsider After a Good Go Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian Automation bot for use on the In-running horse racing markets.

As the name suggests this bot waits for an outsider to have a good go and to trade at short odds then if it starts to drift back out will place a lay bet for a fixed liability of £10.

It will monitor all runners with a BSP of 15.0 or more, as soon as one trades at or below 4.0 it will set a signal on that runner.
Only once a signal has been set on a runner and it then drifts back out to 7.0 or greater will the lay bet be triggered. It will only do this once per runner but can trigger on up to three different runners during each race.

To use the file just click on the Lay Outsider After a Good Go.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

thanks dallas for this. i have an almost identical rule running for a lay strategy and can say that it has had reasonable success (in combo with some other conditions [i also added a signal to mine to monitor the rate that it drifted back in a given time period, for extra guidance]).

definitely a good start on this strategy tho for anyone that hasn't considered it.
forumuser

Can you explain the value you have set at 11.0 on the Signal tab for this. I can't work out what it has to do with odds if that is what is is.

Thanks.
Dallas

forumuser wrote:Can you explain the value you have set at 11.0 on the Signal tab for this. I can't work out what it has to do with odds if that is what is is.

Thanks.
There is no reason the condition is only looking at the signal name to make sure it has ANY value set - i could easily of used any number between 0-99 for this and it would make no difference.
forumuser

Thanks Dallas, I will be taking a deeper look at the signal feature in the week.

For now can you tell me the best way with this signal to try and ensure a lay bet is placed between 5.8 and 7.2 and what the trigger price you would set for this.

Hope this makes sense, thanks.
Dallas

If you place the lay at fixed odds of 7.2 that will be the highest you will be matched at but during the 1sec in-play delay after the bet is triggered if there is a sudden drop in odds you may get matched much lower as BF always match at the best price.

So I would start by placing the lay at 7.2 and using 2x 'Fixed odds conditions'

Fixed odds condtion
Selectons back price
is greater than 5.8

Fixed odds condtion
Selections lay price
is Less than 7.2

Depedning on the frequesncy of the matches etc you can tweek from there.
forumuser

Thanks very much.
davefleming2000

Hi Dallas,
I was looking at this just yesterday and up pops your post. I downloaded this to my laptop and tried to import it to guardian but it would not as it stated that it was from a different Betangel version and was not compatable. Please advise.
Thanks & regards
Dave
Dallas

You need to be using the latest 1.44 version of Bet Angel for this and all other recently added automation files to work
http://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
davefleming2000

Got it.
Many thanks.
duggs

I have tried this for the last 3 days in races that i have no other bets which are mainly non handicaps however i have had no matched bets yet out of about 30 races

looking at yesterdays racing 11 horses had a sp of 15 or greater and traded at 4 and below and lost including 4 non handicaps if i understand the rule correctly it places a signal when a outsider trades at 4 and under and if the horse drifts to say 6 if places a lay bet at say 10 i know at the end of the race odds can drift very quickly i would have still expected to have some matched bets perhaps this will be more suited to long distance races and NH races where the inrunning markets are not as volitile as flat sprints

One last question yesterday 7 Horses had a SP or 15 or more and won any idea how i could find out if they stayed below 4.0 or if they drifted and hence would be a losing bet. the only way i can think s looking at their matched high and any low matched losers.

yesterday there were possibly 3 system losers 50SP matched at a high of 400 another horse traded at a low 1.14, 24SP 75 1.36 and a 55SP 470 1.55 but that is not conclusive because they might have been tailed off and then ran on really well to win
Dallas

duggs wrote: if i understand the rule correctly it places a signal when a outsider trades at 4 and under and if the horse drifts to say 6 if places a lay bet at say 10 i know at the end of the race odds can drift very quickly
Yes thats exactly right, although there will be some races a triggered bet is not matched if everything was set up correctly i would nt expect it to miss as many as what happened with you.
From memory when testing i think it triggered and at least one bet matched on around a dozen races out of about 20 - it triggered but failed to match on only about 2-3

Do you have the market you have it running on on a main Bet Angel screen being refreshes at 200ms or is it in the background in guardian along with multiple other markets?
This particular rule will need to be in sole focus and getting refreshed at 200ms to have any chance on being matched.
duggs wrote:One last question yesterday 7 Horses had a SP or 15 or more and won any idea how i could find out if they stayed below 4.0 or if they drifted and hence would be a losing bet. the only way i can think s looking at their matched high and any low matched losers
There is no website i am aware of that would tell you this you would have to capture this type of data yourself and then check back over the trigger times against the odds that selection was matched at afterwards
duggs

Thanks Dallas On Guardian Markets the refresh interval is set at 1 sec I will change this to 200ms and hope to get some more luck with matched bets. Although I thought betfair has charges if you auto refresh is to quick I presume 200ms would not incur any charges
Dallas

duggs wrote:Thanks Dallas On Guardian Markets the refresh interval is set at 1 sec I will change this to 200ms and hope to get some more luck with matched bets. Although I thought betfair has charges if you auto refresh is to quick I presume 200ms would not incur any charges
This thread will give a full explanation on how guardian refreshes and cycles markets and how it effect automation etc
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

The Betfair charges you are refering was the number of calls made to Betfair which used to be limited to 20 per second before charges - this ended about 2 years ago. you wont encur no charges for refreshing at 200ms (I will often have several instances of Bet Angel open and running all refreshing at 200ms)

The only possible charges you need to be aware of now is for the number of actual transactions you do per hour, this is detailed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378
honeycombe54

Dallas, hi - thanks alot for sharing.. I have tried the file allday, and havent been matched on any race. Numerous times the criteria is met, and have the betangel screen open and running at 200ms - any ideas why else this could be? thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”