Two Runners Trading Below 2.0 within 5 Secs Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on the In-running horse racing markets.

Following several requests this automation file demonstrates how using the new signal feature in Bet Angel V1.44 can be used to Check that one or more selections has traded above or below X odds within a time period.

The main rule triggered is the same ‘Lay the Field’ automation file available from the library but by adding a few signals it is now only able to trigger if two runners have traded below 2.0 within 5 seconds of each other.

To use the file just click on the Two Runners Below 2.0 within 5 secs.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you wish to use the timed function part of this rule with another automation file after downloading and opening up in the guardian rules editor the top 4 rule types are what control’s the 5 second timer and odds of 2.0 (As shown in top Image) – the final rule type ‘Place lay bets’ is just the actual ‘lay the field’ trigger so should you wish to incorporate this into an existing file just the top four parts highlighted are required, you can then just edit the odds and times used to trigger your own rule.

For your main rule to then trigger it will need a condition to know when two runners have traded below the odds set with a time frame - this is done using the condition ‘Signal Value Condition’ from the ‘Place lay Bets’ rule type (see bottom image)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Jerry Twig

This looks good Dallas, the previous lay the field if 2 traded at 2.0 wasnt really successfull as usually when it would trigger, the first one to trade below 2.0 would have drifted past the price where i wanted to lay the field.
welshtrekker

Why 5 secs?? Has that been tested by anyone?
Just a thought, maybe much more time is needed.
Dallas

welshtrekker wrote:Why 5 secs?? Has that been tested by anyone?
Just a thought, maybe much more time is needed.
The values i use in all example files are purely random rounded up or down, so a file may use a 10 ticks offset or 5 sec fill/kill or 20 tick trailing stop etc. Users can then make change these to what ever suits them best or feel would work in there given strategy.
welshtrekker

I will try this again today.
I also will try it with a B2L bot I use which places 2 back bets.
in theory, this should really work as you won't lay a winner unless another gets below 2.0. But I guess if a bet fails to match properly can be one issue.
chris_smith

Hi,

I'm still a newbie at all this and im trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible and all your contributions to this forum have been of great help so far :)

If its not to much inconvenience could use please explain how i would go about about converting this file to a make a £10 back bet when it has been at odds of under 2.0 for 5 seconds. I think im close but not having much luck at the mo.

Many thanks again

Chris
Dallas

chris_smith wrote:Hi,

I'm still a newbie at all this and im trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible and all your contributions to this forum have been of great help so far :)

If its not to much inconvenience could use please explain how i would go about about converting this file to a make a £10 back bet when it has been at odds of under 2.0 for 5 seconds. I think im close but not having much luck at the mo.

Many thanks again

Chris
Glad to hear there helping you.

To make the change you want it would easier to start with this stop loss bot and make the following changes to each of the rule types (also might be worth chnaging there names as you go so you dont get confused).
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11954

Start with

Signal if in loss;
Conditions - change 'green all profit' to

Fixed odds condtion
last traded price
of 'selection'
is less than 2.0

Reset Signal when in profit
Conditions - change 'green all profit' to

Fixed odds condtion
last traded price
of 'selection'
is greater than 2.0

Green Up Selection
General
Change rule type to 'Place Back Bet'
applies to Betfair order of favourtism 1 (this willalways be which ever horse is below 2.0)

Parameters
Set your odds and stake etc

Condtions
chnage the value of the condtion from '9' to '5' (this is basically the muber of seconds you want to use the runner to be below 2.0 for before backing)

and that should do it, might sound complicated but once you have opened the rule its just a few quick edits to get it to do what you want - any problems if you post on to that thread as it may help others in future
jasben

could someone tell me is it possible to trade out when a bot is working in play if so how thanks in advance.jasben
jasben

just another query if possible a race this evening done a back bet in play at 1.36 to win another one to get out of trouble and got deeper in it it didnt take the bet is that normal or do i retire thanks
Dallas

jasben wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:39 pm
could someone tell me is it possible to trade out when a bot is working in play if so how thanks in advance.jasben
Yes you can just green up as normal from the ladder or one-click screen.
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/one ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Depending what its doing you might want to take steps to ensure to bot also stops triggering further bets afterwards
jasben

Hi Dallas.first thanks for the help and so quickly your a gent.i was testing scalping the fav.in play as i was in profit at the time i was clicking on the tab to stop scalping and get out with the profit but i could here it working away in the background iwill have a look other answers tomorrow thanks again
huckfidle

Hi Dallas, I've been practising mode this rule in a servant but it is laying only one selection and of course that is the winner.
I am wanting to lay 2 or more at 1.90.
I copied it into another rule and deleted the 5-second rule and changed to 1.90 but it still only laid one runner when I could see there were 2 at < 1.90 near the end of the race.
Dallas

huckfidle wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:08 am
Hi Dallas, I've been practising mode this rule in a servant but it is laying only one selection and of course that is the winner.
I am wanting to lay 2 or more at 1.90.
I copied it into another rule and deleted the 5-second rule and changed to 1.90 but it still only laid one runner when I could see there were 2 at < 1.90 near the end of the race.
What you have probably seen is lay money waiting at 1.9 on two runners which is different from 2 runners trading <2.0 at the same which wouldn't happen due to BF's cross-matching algorithm

For what you want you're probably better using the lay the field rule and amending the odds, once any two bets have been matched at <2.0 you have a guaranteed profit
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11239
twenty2

Hi Dallas,
How do i chnage this to one runner that trades below 2, i cant seemt to see where 2 runners are in the file
cheers

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”