DOBing @ 50% & Back 2 Lay @ 20% Guardian Automation Bot

rkay

I thought so ,

many thanks for your assistance .
obitus

Would the offset bet with greening percentage work in reverse? ie. for a Lay to Back trade?
Dallas

obitus wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Would the offset bet with greening percentage work in reverse? ie. for a Lay to Back trade?
Yes it can be used either way
barca9968

Hi

I've asked this in another thread, but it's more appropriate here:

How can we adapt this to take BSP?

I've just tried it:
13/05/2017 19:14:00: Market changed to Thirsk 13th May - 19:15 6f Hcap
13/05/2017 19:14:59: [G_Auto] : £ 30.00 Back bet placed on Man About Town at 11.5. Fully matched at 11.5. Ref: 92775631069 ( Fill or kill bet with 60 seconds delay. Offsetting by 20% [A] with greening. )
13/05/2017 19:14:59: [G_Auto] : £ 37.50 Lay bet placed on Man About Town at 9.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 92775631436
13/05/2017 19:15:04: [G_Auto] : Modify bet persistence 92775631436 from 'Cancel' to 'Keep'

13/05/2017 19:15:25: Market has been suspended
13/05/2017 19:15:26: Market has been unsuspended
13/05/2017 19:15:26: Market is in-play
13/05/2017 19:16:38: Market has been suspended
BSP was 12.00... so I missed out on the best price.

Seem to have made £7.50 on £30... 25%.. I hope this doesnt work the other way due to not matching properly?
Dallas

The percentage is for your offset in relation to where your opening bet is placed (it is not a profit percentage) - so 20% lower than odds of 11.5 is 9.2

If you want to 'Take SP' and set you offset percentage you have two options
1) Put the bet in above the current price then use 'Take SP' but the offset percentage is calculated from where the back bet was placed not the SP
2) Wait till after the race has gone in running and trigger the bet at the actual SP odd this will mean the offset is placed exactly at the percentage below SP but if the horse got off to a good start you may not get matched at SP or at least not till after its traded much lower and is now on the drift
barca9968

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 7:40 pm
The percentage is for your offset in relation to where your opening bet is placed (it is not a profit percentage) - so 20% lower than odds of 11.5 is 9.2

If you want to 'Take SP' and set you offset percentage you have two options
1) Put the bet in above the current price then use 'Take SP' but the offset percentage is calculated from where the back bet was placed not the SP
2) Wait till after the race has gone in running and trigger the bet at the actual SP odd this will mean the offset is placed exactly at the percentage below SP but if the horse got off to a good start you may not get matched at SP or at least not till after its traded much lower and is now on the drift
Thank you, understood.

Is it possible for me to manually place a bet @ SP on the betfair app and then get bet angel to do the offset bit?
barca9968

Looking at it, it doesn't look like you can. Placing a bet at SP manually is the same thing that you've suggested, and that doesnt work. Arrrrrgh :(
Dadders

Hi,

Please can someone advise me on automating a B2L with 2 Lays.

I would like to automate;
1). A Back Bet of £10 at 10 secs to start time (I know how to do this part).
2). A Lay Bet of £10 at 75% of Back Bet.
3). A Lay Bet at 30% of Back Bet that hedges up.

Also I am unsure if to take all liability out at 75% of Back Bet or to take some profit out at 75% of Back Bet and leave some on to green up at 30% of Back Bet.

Thank you in advance.

Matt
Dallas

Dadders wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 pm
Hi,

Please can someone advise me on automating a B2L with 2 Lays.

I would like to automate;
1). A Back Bet of £10 at 10 secs to start time (I know how to do this part).
2). A Lay Bet of £10 at 75% of Back Bet.
3). A Lay Bet at 30% of Back Bet that hedges up.

Also I am unsure if to take all liability out at 75% of Back Bet or to take some profit out at 75% of Back Bet and leave some on to green up at 30% of Back Bet.

Thank you in advance.

Matt
You need to split your opening bet into seperate amounts to do this, have a look at this thread it demonstrates the principal
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=12284
Frogmella

I can't bear watching newbies wasting their time with this.

Automated Dobbing at 50% or Back to Lay at 30%, 20%, 10% or even just 10 ticks. Will NEVER make you ANY profit. (As you bring the target exit price closer to your entry point the winnings get smaller and smaller but the losses, while getting less frequent, are still the same size.)

And whatever you do, DON'T try and deploy an in-play stop to save your initial stake, if you do, you will LOSE even more, I can guarantee that.

Patternform ratings are useless, you might as well get a monkey to pick your dobbers.

Lay to Back is even worse.(Greater risk for smaller returns)

Don't waste your time with any of it.
Dallas

Frogmella wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:20 pm
I can't bear watching newbies wasting their time with this.

Automated Dobbing at 50% or Back to Lay at 30%, 20%, 10% or even just 10 ticks. Will NEVER make you ANY profit. (As you bring the target exit price closer to your entry point the winnings get smaller and smaller but the losses, while getting less frequent, are still the same size.)

And whatever you do, DON'T try and deploy an in-play stop to save your initial stake, if you do, you will LOSE even more, I can guarantee that.

Patternform ratings are useless, you might as well get a monkey to pick your dobbers.

Lay to Back is even worse.(Greater risk for smaller returns)

Don't waste your time with any of it.
I'd completely disagree with 'Will NEVER make you ANY profit'. This type of automation file along with a number of others that require the user to pick the selections its ran on can all be profitable - the only way not to be able to profit from these type of files is not being able to identify the right selections to apply it to, so i cant see how anyone could basically say;
'Its impossible for anyone to consistently be able to identify horses that will run well'

I do agree with you that 'Patternform' is useless and i personally don't bother with it but I do use the two sites listed at the beginning of the thread to shortlist potential selections. I've also looked at years of data and know which courses, distances even race types that tend to suit DOBing/B2L's etc (and the ones that dont). So that is always taken into consideration when I'm choosing my selections.

I don't do a massive amount of DOBing (on and off I may be do 12-15 selections a week sometimes less) but the ones i do are all carefully selected and ill generally get a strike rate of around 75%-80% in a given week.

Go to any site including the two i have listed at the start of the thread and blindly just choose to DOB the top 5 or 10 selections you can see and your probably going to lose money. However if you put the time and effort in to choosing the right runners then it can and will make a profit.
mhorro

I use DOBBING on UK horse racing but I have an advantage I am a horse form expert and will only pick selections that I know will run well.
You cannot just blindly pin hook a horse selection and hope for it's odds to go in the direction you want. You need to have your own opinion of a selection by doing the hard work.
I pay no attention to horse racing web sites for guidance as this is their opinion and if they were that good they would be millionaires. Just watch the racing pundits on TV the same applies to them which is a subject that really gets up my nose!!!!!!!! I think alot of newbies hope for a generic automation rule to fit all markets but it does not work like that.
Mark.
mhorro

I did forget to mention I only trade on UK Horse racing handicap races as I like to unravel the form and look for mistakes made by the handicapper. It's just a nerdy thing I like to do. I usually get some great prices.
Dadders

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't a DOB a Back at say £10 and then Laying £20 at half your back odds?
In the Parameters of the Back Bet (DOB -Lay @50%) with the Action 'Offset bet with greening' won't the offset be another £10 stake same as your Back bet stake?

Thanks in advance

Matt
Dallas

Dadders wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 pm
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't a DOB a Back at say £10 and then Laying £20 at half your back odds?
In the Parameters of the Back Bet (DOB -Lay @50%) with the Action 'Offset bet with greening' won't the offset be another £10 stake same as your Back bet stake?

Thanks in advance

Matt
Yes thats exactly what a DOB is and what this rule does.

If the option 'offset bet' was used then the lay stake placed would be the same as the back stake but with the 'offset bet with greening' used laying at odds 50% below the back bet would mean the lay stake would be double the back stake.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”