DOBing @ 50% & Back 2 Lay @ 20% Guardian Automation Bot

willgig

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 am
willgig wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am
Hi,

I'm trying to create a rule similar to this, to back/lay bets in running, when odds are at a certain % of BSP. Is their a % option or are you doing something clever with tick offset to achieve it?

Also i'm trying to replicate in Betdaq and not sure if that's even possible?

Many thanks
Will
The percentage options are not available in the Betdaq version to create this rule in the same way, however their is a older version of it that uses monetary value rather than % to offset and that could be copied and used in the Betdaq version
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11314
Ah OK. So i'd need to open it in betfair first, then manually copy it into betdaq.

Great stuff
tuncay87

Hi, I'm new to BetAngel and the very first thing I decided to use is the automation. I downloaded this file and began to use it but for some reason sometimes the unmatched lay bets do not modify to keep and I really don't know how to resolve this issue. The strange thing is, it doesn't always happen but when it does it creates problems for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dallas

tuncay87 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 pm
Hi, I'm new to BetAngel and the very first thing I decided to use is the automation. I downloaded this file and began to use it but for some reason sometimes the unmatched lay bets do not modify to keep and I really don't know how to resolve this issue. The strange thing is, it doesn't always happen but when it does it creates problems for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ensure you have guardian refreshing the markets quickly enough, see this thread for full details
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
tuncay87

Thanks for your reply. I will change the refresh settings but this has also happened with just one market in the guardian
tuncay87

I have noticed that the only time that the lay bets don't get modified from cancel to keep is when the back bet doesn't get fully matched. This usually happens when I back higher priced horses due to less money being on them. What happens is the back bet if not fully matched gets modified from cancel to keep, then the lay bet is placed but stays as cancel when market goes in-play. Perhaps I should stick to lower priced horses when I am not by the desk? Would be really happy if someone could give an opinion or help me out here...
Dallas

tuncay87 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm
I have noticed that the only time that the lay bets don't get modified from cancel to keep is when the back bet doesn't get fully matched. This usually happens when I back higher priced horses due to less money being on them. What happens is the back bet if not fully matched gets modified from cancel to keep, then the lay bet is placed but stays as cancel when market goes in-play. Perhaps I should stick to lower priced horses when I am not by the desk? Would be really happy if someone could give an opinion or help me out here...
You can increase the number of batches so it begins offsetting at it starts to get matched
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/off ... 3D&mw=MzIw

If doing that you need to also increase the number of triggers and time the 'Keep' bets rule is armed to ensure new offsets are getting kept
Suoyo

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you can assist me to tweak it a little bit ; such that the 50% DOBing only applies to the first runner to trade bellow 5.0 in-play.

I know this may require setting up a signal to monitor all runners who's Actual SP is above 5.0
Soon as any runner trade bellow 5.0, the back to lay @ 50% DOBing bet, should trigger, but only once on the first to trade bellow 5.0 in-play.

Thanks in advance...
Dallas

Suoyo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:03 am
Hi,

Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you can assist me to tweak it a little bit ; such that the 50% DOBing only applies to the first runner to trade bellow 5.0 in-play.

I know this may require setting up a signal to monitor all runners who's Actual SP is above 5.0
Soon as any runner trade bellow 5.0, the back to lay @ 50% DOBing bet, should trigger, but only once on the first to trade bellow 5.0 in-play.

Thanks in advance...
That just needs a fixed odds condition adding that says
Selections
Actual SP
is <5.0
Dylanina

Hi. Thanks for this Dallas. One thing confuses me slightly - why do you offset with greening instead of just offsetting? Seems to me to be diluting your profits instead of keeping it all on your selection once the lay has triggered.
Dallas

Dylanina wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm
Hi. Thanks for this Dallas. One thing confuses me slightly - why do you offset with greening instead of just offsetting? Seems to me to be diluting your profits instead of keeping it all on your selection once the lay has triggered.
Offsetting with greening is what creates the equal profit on all runners, you could change it to just offset which would give you increased profits if that one wins (but £0 P/L if any other the other wins)
Dylanina

Sorry Dallas, am I being a bit thick? If my horse has dobbed, I don't want to spread/dilute the profit. If I have backed a single horse at £10, and it DOBs in running, my automatic lay bet of £20 at half the odds gives me £10 on my horse regardless of what happens next. It doesn't matter to me who wins at that point. So why green? I think there is a really simple answer but I'm not seeing it I guess...
Dallas

Your £20 lay bet gives you £10 profit on all runners, not just the one you layed (effectively you have greened up)
Dylanina

Hi Dallas. Do you know how I can add to this so that it only triggers if BSP is 100 or less? I don't want to waste back money on complete donkeys and also if I want to increase stakes i want to be certain my lay bet can be put on and not miss out because my BF bank was too low. Thanks.
Dallas

Dylanina wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi Dallas. Do you know how I can add to this so that it only triggers if BSP is 100 or less? I don't want to waste back money on complete donkeys and also if I want to increase stakes i want to be certain my lay bet can be put on and not miss out because my BF bank was too low. Thanks.
It would have to be triggered after the race has gone in-play (and the SP is known) then to the back rule you can just add a Fixed odds condition
Selections Actual SP
is less than 100
Dylanina

Thanks once again. So set the trigger for 1 second after the off?
Do you foster any problems with this approach? Cheers

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”