Back a Nominated Runner in the Win and Place Mkts if Place odds are 'X'

mcgoo

kqv91y wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am
mcgoo wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:17 am
Still can't see how you would do this.... ;)
You could do it in Excel.
Yes..outside of excel...old dog..vba-fu lacking :D
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:17 am
Still can't see how you would do this.... ;)
After the US open finishes tomorrow i'll have some free time while I wind down a bit next week, give this thread a bump wed/thur and ill take a proper look then
mcgoo

Thanks Dallas. Will do.
mcgoo

Forgot to bounce this earlier in the week ... Over to you Dallas :) -Thanks
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 am
Its a good job you did remember :)
I started having a play with this yesterday and just need to test a bit further this afternoon and I should be able to upload two simple files which you can then modify to exactly how you want
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:15 am
mcgoo wrote:
I started having a play with this yesterday and just need to test a bit further this afternoon and I should be able to upload two simple files which you can then modify to exactly how you want
Awesome..thanks Dallas.You're the man :)
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 am
Dallas wrote:
mcgoo wrote:
I've tried it on the first two races and it seems ok but give it a go in PM for a while until you are happy with it.

Because the Betfair row order is the same on both win and place markets i've used this as the basis which makes it easy to modify into exactly what you need by adding the additional rules.

At the moment Ive currently set it as below

SV fav in row 2 this will store the value when the runner in Betfair row 2 is the fav
another rule clears the SV when row 2 is no longer the fav (I applied this rule to the win mkt)

SV fav bet places a bet in the place market on the runner in row 2 when its the fav (and the SV from the win market is set ie, same runner is also the fav in the win market)

ps, you will need to be using the new V1.51 beta version to use the files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

I've tried it on the first two races and it seems ok but give it a go in PM for a while until you are happy with it.

Because the Betfair row order is the same on both win and place markets i've used this as the basis which makes it easy to modify into exactly what you need by adding the additional rules.

SV fav in row 2 this will store the value when the runner in Betfair row 2 is the fav
another rule clears the SV when row 2 is no longer the fav (I applied this rule to the win mkt)

SV fav bet places a bet in the place market on the runner in row 2 when its the fav (and the SV from the win market is set ie, same runner is also the fav in the win market)

Thanks for that Dallas. So that would only work if the fav appeared in row 2? How do you track all the runners and bet only on the fav..or have I missed something? The other problem I can see with what I had in mind is if you want to have different conditions for different race lengths (to act at specified times during the race) you need a separate rule for each race length and a separate rule for each row, which would mean I have 250+ rules :shock: ...not easy this stuff :)
jimibt

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm
mcgoo wrote:

Thanks for that Dallas. So that would only work if the fav appeared in row 2? How do you track all the runners and bet only on the fav..or have I missed something? The other problem I can see with what I had in mind is if you want to have different conditions for different race lengths (to act at specified times during the race) you need a separate rule for each race length and a separate rule for each row, which would mean I have 250+ rules :shock: ...not easy this stuff :)

nope, you can use signals to identify key points in the race (based on race distance). this takes a bit of working out, but i've used this approach and now have my *distance flags* as a rules add in, where required. HINT - think of a timebased ratio that produces a constant (say 25%, 50%, 75%) in ANY race and you have your generic distance *implant*. will drop a hint version later which will allow for extension.

[edit] found an oldpost where i mention this: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12581&p=106456&hil ... ag#p106456
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm

You just need to duplicate the rule and apply each one to a Betfair row index, then on the stored value tab change the stored value entered amount to correlate with the Betfair row

rule 1 Applied to Betfair row 1 uses SV amount entered 1
rule 2 Applied to Betfair row 2 uses SV amount entered 2
and so on

If you ran the automation file on its own and looked at the log what you'd see is when the runner in row 1 is fav the SV will show as 1
if the runner in row 4 became fav then the SV will show as 4 (and 1 would be cleared)...... this will go on throughout the race.

**Actually thinking about it it would show which runners became fav and for how long and how many times it changed etc so a bit of data collecting) ;)

Anyway, if you then duplicate the rules in the bet file (and change the SV in conditions to match the rows) it's basically doing the same thing but the condition is testing the SV from above match the row this fav is in this market

For example
if the fav is in row 4 in the win market the bet will trigger only if the currently stored value from the place market is 4 (ie, the fav is in row 4 of the place mkt)
if the fav is in row 7 in the win market the bet will trigger only if the currently stored value from the place market is 7 (ie, the fav is in row 7 of the place mkt)

Or vice verse depending which way around you apply the files.
Dallas

The image below might help you visualise it better, imagine the cells in the win and place mkt columns denote which row the fav is in
throughout the race - these are changing in both the win and place mkt depending who is fav.

In the left image, they don't match so the bet won't trigger, in the right image the fav is now the same runner in both the win and place mkt so the bet will trigger.

The way I'v set it us is so you can also chop and change everything ie, lay the fav in the win mkt if its 3rd fav in the place mkt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm
The image below might help you visualise it better, imagine the cells in the win and place mkt columns denote which row the fav is in
throughout the race - these are changing in both the win and place mkt depending who is fav.

In the left image, they don't match so the bet won't trigger, in the right image the fav is now the same runner in both the win and place mkt so the bet will trigger.

The way I'v set it us is so you can also chop and change everything ie, lay the fav in the win mkt if its 3rd fav in the place mkt
thanks Dallas, -that's very clever.. I'll merge it it to my rules and have a play around
thanks too jimibt..I downloaded your file and have got some good ideas now on how to simplify my rules ..this old fart brain is getting a work out from you lot :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: Well, I hope I haven't got tunnel vision :shock: but have written my biggest/longest baf files yet..all the while taking what I have learnt about elegance & economy from this thread and trying to apply it :o . I do feel BA might benefit from capability to apply OR conditions as well as AND :). Thanks again gents. Really awesome work .I'll run them tonight and see how I go :ugeek: :ugeek:
mcgoo

Well, works a treat. How successful it will be time will tell of course (Will take months of playing around I think. :shock:) but so good to see something that complex (in my head anyway) ..work so smoothly. Thanks again :ugeek:
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:40 am
Well, works a treat. How successful it will be time will tell of course (Will take months of playing around I think. :shock:) but so good to see something that complex (in my head anyway) ..work so smoothly. Thanks again :ugeek:
TBH when you first asked about it my first thought was it's going to need a lot of signals and SV connecting up to get something like this to work, but as with most automation tasks once you sit down and write out the logic of what you want to achieve there is often a very straightforward way of doing it.
Which is testament to the way that the BA developers have implemented all the automation features.
gptuk

Dallas, im missing something here mate, typically all on the screen shot won bar 1 and that was placed so great SR. Will you point out to me please / share how the nominated selections are chosen in the first instance. ive loaded win and place markets into guardian and im poised ready to go today but i haven't grasped this selection element yet.
thanks in advance going to run this strat today ABW and will share my experiences later

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”