Lay if WOM is Greater than 'X' for 5 secs Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule which for use on the Pre-Race Horse Racing Markets.

The bot will monitor the 3rd and 4th Favourites from 5 minutes to 30secs before post time, and if they are 15.0 or less and the WOM has been greater than 65% on the lay side for at least 5 consecutive seconds it will place a £10 lay bet on that runner at the best reverse price.

If matched an offset bet with greening will be placed 3 ticks higher, it would also trigger a stop loss if the price was to go against you by 5 ticks or more. If the initial lay bet is not matched within 30secs the lay bet is killed and the process can begin again for that selection.
With 10 seconds to go till post time a final ‘Green Up’ is done.

The bot works by setting a signal for the selection when its WOM is greater than 65%, for each second that WOM is remains above 65% the value of that signal is incremented by +1 when this value reaches 5 (it means of course 5 seconds has elapsed) it will trigger the lay bet.

Should the WOM fall back below 65% during these 5 seconds the signal is reset and the process can start again the next time the WOM for that selection rises above 65%.

To use the file just click on the Lay if WOM is Greater than ‘X’ for 5 Secs.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

BEFORE USING THE FILE
After importing the file into Guardian but before using it open the rules file and on the General tab edit the times the two rules highlighted in the image below so both rules are allowed to trigger upto 00:00:20secs 'Before Event Start Time' and NOT 'After Event Start Time'

Rule Edit.jpg

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niko

Excellent, have been having difficulty getting my head round WoM in automation, this helps a lot, cheers!
leepc7

Hi Dallas, is there any way of setting a signal to trigger if a selections traded market volume increases or decreases by say 2% either way. I know you can set it if its volume reaches 51% of the market for example but this would mean modifying the volume percentage for each race. I'm not a fan of WOM as it's hard to tell if the cash is genuine but traded volume is as real as they come.

Thanks.
Dallas

leepc7 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 am
Hi Dallas, is there any way of setting a signal to trigger if a selections traded market volume increases or decreases by say 2% either way. I know you can set it if its volume reaches 51% of the market for example but this would mean modifying the volume percentage for each race. I'm not a fan of WOM as it's hard to tell if the cash is genuine but traded volume is as real as they come.

Thanks.
Its not currently possible to track odds movement directly by signals but it has been put forward as a suggestion for a future build which you may want to add your support to
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=14168
sionascaig

Hi Dallas, the signal for the 3rd & 4th favourites has the same name "wom". Does this mean it could be incremented by both the 3rd & & 4th fav rules at the same time (so could trigger earlier than the 5secs as intended)?

==> if so will need different names for the signals & 2 clear signal rules?

(just not that sure how signals work)
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:44 am
Hi Dallas, the signal for the 3rd & 4th favourites has the same name "wom". Does this mean it could be incremented by both the 3rd & & 4th fav rules at the same time (so could trigger earlier than the 5secs as intended)?

==> if so will need different names for the signals & 2 clear signal rules?

(just not that sure how signals work)
You could use different names for the signals if you wanted to it wouldn't harm

Although the same name is used in this automation file the signal is set on each selection so each can only be incremented by that selection - had the signal been set on the market then either/both could increment it and therefore trigger quicker than 5 secs.
Senthilarasu

Hi Dallas

Thank you for the bot.

I have a question regarding the reason why to Lay when WoM is greater than 65% ?

I read that if WoM is more than 65% then the price is expected to fall, so shouldn't I back the selection ?

and
also is there any particular reason for choosing 3rd and 4th favourite ?

Thanks
Dallas

Senthilarasu wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:32 pm
Hi Dallas

Thank you for the bot.

I have a question regarding the reason why to Lay when WoM is greater than 65% ?

I read that if WoM is more than 65% then the price is expected to fall, so shouldn't I back the selection ?

and
also is there any particular reason for choosing 3rd and 4th favourite ?

Thanks
Its WOM >65% on the lay side indicating the price should drift

The reason for targetting the 3rd and 4th fav is the tend to be manipulated less than the fav's, however as with all the bots its just an example showing how to set up the principal of using WOM when its exceeded an amount for a period of time (ie, not being manipulated by flashers)
Senthilarasu

[/quote]

Its WOM >65% on the lay side indicating the price should drift

The reason for targetting the 3rd and 4th fav is the tend to be manipulated less than the fav's, however as with all the bots its just an example showing how to set up the principal of using WOM when its exceeded an amount for a period of time (ie, not being manipulated by flashers)
[/quote]

Hi Dallas

Thanks for response. Now I can understand the reason for targeting 3rd /4th fav and it make sense.

But I am still confused about laying, when the price drift

I thought when drifting, for example odds from 2.8 to 2.0.. I back at 2.8 and offset 3 ticks to lay at 2.4 to make profit.

But if I lay 2.8 and offset 3 tickets to back at 2.4, won't I make a loss ?

Sorry for being naive, I would like to understand this, please help
Dallas

Senthilarasu wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi Dallas

Thanks for response. Now I can understand the reason for targeting 3rd /4th fav and it make sense.

But I am still confused about laying, when the price drift

I thought when drifting, for example odds from 2.8 to 2.0.. I back at 2.8 and offset 3 ticks to lay at 2.4 to make profit.

But if I lay 2.8 and offset 3 tickets to back at 2.4, won't I make a loss ?

Sorry for being naive, I would like to understand this, please help

If the priced moved from 2.8 to 2.0 (or any price below 2.8) its shortening not drifting, to drift the price needs to go out (higher)
also a tick is each price increment so it would be 20 ticks not 3 if the price shortened from 2.8 to 2.4 (2.78, 2.76, 2.74 etc down to 2.44, 2.24 2.40),

So if you lay at 2.8 and offset 3 ticks it needs to drift out to 2.86 to match your bet and make a profit
robchampion

Hi.
As downloaded. this bot will still potentially place bets after final green up. I think that the trigger times need adjusting to solve the problem.
Cheers
Dallas

robchampion wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:27 pm
Hi.
As downloaded. this bot will still potentially place bets after final green up. I think that the trigger times need adjusting to solve the problem.
Cheers
Not quite sure what you mean?
The lastest any bets can be placed is 20secs before the start
At 10 secs to the start a green up rule trigger to spread any p/l across all selections
robchampion

The bets are set to trigger 20 seconds after start time. See attached.
Capture Lay if WOM Greater than.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

robchampion wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:45 pm
The bets are set to trigger 20 seconds after start time. See attached.Capture Lay if WOM Greater than.JPG
Ah yes well spotted and thanks for letting me know, that end time should indeed be 'before event start time'
waywyrd

Hi,

I've made a modification to this file to add to the back the steamer bot. Can anyone take a look and see if I've missed any settings that would stop it working properly. Apart from changing bets from back to lay.

Any feedback appreciated.

Waywyrd.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”