Oppose the Morning Tipster Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on pre-race Horse Racing markets.

Each morning when the tipsters release their days tips prices of the horses tipped by the more well-known tipsters will usually receive a surge of backing immediately after as everyone piles on, by the time the backing ends it often ends up creating a value lay bet or at least a lay opportunity as as most get over bet by the crowds jumping on .

The bot will monitor all runners between 9am and 11am and if any of them shorten by more than 10 ticks in a 15minutes it will get ready to place a lay bet, before it does certain criteria also needs to be meet.

There must have been over £1000 traded on it, the WOM on the lay side must now be more than 70%, its last traded price must less than 20.0 and finally there must be NO gaps between the back and lay price.

Only after it has been backed in and all the above is met will a lay be placed at the best current reverse odds. The total lay bet will be for £10 but it will be placed in 5x £2 stakes. When matched each will offset with greening starting at 1 tick going up to 5 ticks creating a spread of offsets.

Should the price continue shortening and your loss exceeds -£2 the bot will green you up at the best price. If one or more offsets have been matched before the price starts to shorten again the bot will attempt to scratch the trade if you move into any loss.

To use the file just click on Oppose the Morning Tipster.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thesidex

Hi, I am 6 hours behind from london time zone, do I have to change the bot's time since is a fixed date and time?, thanks.
Dallas

thesidex wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:12 pm
Hi, I am 6 hours behind from london time zone, do I have to change the bot's time since is a fixed date and time?, thanks.
Yes you will to adjust these according if not in the UK time zone
mancbrady

Has anyone used this with success yet?
Dublin_Flyer

Got a relatively useful cut/compilation of how this may be useful to reverse in practice, with your own customisations of course.

Hugh Taylor, At The Races most promoted tipster, has his tips "advised price" cut drastically on Saturdays or days of the big meetings as soon as they're published online. More often than not on the big days, his tips will drop from their advised price quite a bit until around post time. If you pick and choose your days or races, you can probably get on for a nice B2L changing Dallas' settings to 5 ticks reduction in 3 minutes, or 7 ticks in 5 minutes, or have a relative tick amount depending on price.

Today, HT's only tip was at 22/1 early/overnite bookie price, so would have been at least that BF price, current price is available to lay at 15, with a projected BFSP of around 9-10. Nice little DOB pre-off if you can catch them like that!

The bookies reaction to the HT is pretty drastic and immediate, within 5 minutes the highest price is 16/1, and within 8 minutes it's 12/1. So the horse has pretty much twice as much chance of winning the race as 10 minutes before....because 1 guy thinks so....and people keep backing it!! :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Copenhagen trader

Hi
I am 1 hour in front of London time, and the racing card in my Betangel seem to use Copenhagen time as well, eg. the first meeting today is 13,40.
I guess that means I should adjust the Trigger time to 10.00-12.00 instead of 09.00-11.00?
I have done so but it doesn´t seem to fire any lays at all.

Best regards
Claus
Dallas

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:00 am
Hi
I am 1 hour in front of London time, and the racing card in my Betangel seem to use Copenhagen time as well, eg. the first meeting today is 13,40.
I guess that means I should adjust the Trigger time to 10.00-12.00 instead of 09.00-11.00?
I have done so but it doesn´t seem to fire any lays at all.

Best regards
Claus
Regarding the timing for you that adjustment is correct.

Were all the other conditions it has satisfied? to make sure the timing is correct you could take out all but the one condition that looks for the actual move, if it triggers then it just means 1 or more of the other were not met
Copenhagen trader

Thanks, I will try. I suppose the Rule trigger times should be fixed date & time?
Dallas

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Thanks, I will try. I suppose the Rule trigger times should be fixed date & time?
Yes all rules should be 'Fixed date and time'
Copenhagen trader

It still does not fire. The Signal for Market and the Signal for Current Selection tabs, what should they be set on?
Dallas

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am
It still does not fire. The Signal for Market and the Signal for Current Selection tabs, what should they be set on?
The original automation file did not use any signals
Copenhagen trader

Ok. I cannot see what prevents it from firing.
I will try again. Erased and downloaded the file again. I have changed the stakes, since 2kr. is below the minimum stake. Otherwise nothing.
Dallas

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm
Ok. I cannot see what prevents it from firing.
I will try again. Erased and downloaded the file again. I have changed the stakes, since 2kr. is below the minimum stake. Otherwise nothing.
How many markets do you have in guardian and what refresh rates do you have guardian set to use?
Copenhagen trader

Refresh rate in Guardian is set for 300 ms.
I had approx. 25 markets in Guardian.
Dallas

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:35 pm
Refresh rate in Guardian is set for 300 ms.
I had approx. 25 markets in Guardian.
Ok that shouldn't cause it to miss any triggers, it would be worth increasing to 20ms (if you're using streaming) while you test tomorrow just to eliminate it for sure

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”