Alert to LTP Crossing over the VWAP Guardian automation Bot

Get Bet Angel to scan for your favoured trading set up and alert you to any Betfair trading opportunities you are looking for.
Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Pre-Race Horse Racing markets.

The purpose of this bot is to alert you if a runners LTP (last traded price) crosses the VWAP (volume Weighted average price).

For those who don’t know VWAP gives the average price a selection/runner has traded at throughout the day, based on both volume and price.
If the VWAP price is shortening, and the LTP price is below this it means the price is likely in a downtrend.
If the VWAP price is lengthening, and the LTP price is above this it means the price is likely in an upwards.

When the LTP crosses over this it could be a sign that the long term trend has now reversed, have a look at the following images of the log and accompanying chart, in the first image you can see in the log the LTP price is trading above than the VWAP so the price should be lengthening

VWAP Log.JPG

Fast forward 5 minutes and in the next log at 13:39:45 you’ll see the LTP now crosses over and falls below the VWAP, meaning a change in the longterm direction could be about to occur, and below is how that chart looked, I marked on with a black line where the alert would have gone off and your entry could have been.

VWAP Log XO.JPG
VWAP Chart - Copy.JPG

Remember though this is just one indicator so shouldn't be used just on its own but instead as part of building up a 'bigger' overall picture.

How it Works

The rules become armed 20 mins before the off and will remain active until post time, every 5 seconds a rule will store the value of both the VWAP and LTP.
If during this time the LTP is 10 ticks greater than the VWAP a signal rule will trigger and set a signal named ‘greater’ is set on the selection
Or if the LTP goes 10 ticks less than the VWAP a signal rule will trigger and set a signal named ‘less’ is set on the selection.

Alert rules then use a signal set condition to test that a signal is set (so a price has touched 10 ticks above/below the VWAP) and a stored value condition to test the LTP has now crossed back over the VWAP again.
If that happens and this rule triggers a pop-up alert window will appear on your screen informing you wish selection it was and the direction in which the crossover was breached.

You can then assess the market in front of you and determine what action is best taken

NB, if you would like to have this fully automated and for Bet Angel to place the bets for you upon a crossover then I have created a similar variation of this which will place a back or lat bet depending which way the LTP crosses over the VWAP which you can download this from the following link
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18384

To use the file just click on the following Alert to VWAP Crossover.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

The Stored Values of the VWAP and LTP have both been ‘shared’ so that while the file is applied to markets and running you can also see both displayed on your Ladder screen, for details on how to see them on your ladder screen please see the first half of this post
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17507
JTEDL

Great stuff, technical analysis fans will like this one - moving average crossover alert bot!
jimibt

yup Dallas -thanks for that. parallels neatly some stuff i've been doing, so is always nice to compare and then see how it SHOULD be done ;)
BetScalper

Awesome stuff Dallas.

I have just combined this with my WOM strategy.

:)
Dallas

Thanks, guys glad it's been of help

teambulldog

Hi Dallas,
I like this a lot so thanks for sharing it with us,,,,
Can i ask how to make this place bets when the pop up is shown please as i have brain fade and cant sort it
thanks
julian
MemphisFlash

copy the rule for the alert, and change it to whatever bet you want to place, wether back or lay,
or change the alert rule itself if you dont want to see it.
teambulldog

Thanks for the fast reply
julian
Valda

Thanks for this.
GBT

Hi Dallas, great bot... I've change the alert to a back or lay bet, which works perfectly.

I've copied the bet rule to fire 10 ticks above or below best market price, but is not firing... only the 1st bet rule.

Any pointers, would be a great help.
Dallas

GBT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:50 pm
Hi Dallas, great bot... I've change the alert to a back or lay bet, which works perfectly.

I've copied the bet rule to fire 10 ticks above or below best market price, but is not firing... only the 1st bet rule.

Any pointers, would be a great help.
If you attach the file i'll take a look for you
GBT

Cheers Dallas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

GBT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Cheers Dallas
It looks like the 'signal' being cleared from the first of each pair of back/lay rule's are stopping it

The rules are checked in order so if we take the following two rules as an example

'Back to crossing VWAP Downwards (this has a clear signal on the signal tab)
Back 4 ticks to crossing VWAP Downwards (this needs that signal to trigger)

So to fix just remove the clear signal from all the 'crossing VWAP rules'
and add that signal to the '4 ticks to crossing VWAP rules'

That should do it
PeterLe

Dallas
Thanks for taking the time to create and share these files. I dont know how you find time
Im going to run a slight modified version on the horses today, just as a yard stick
Thanks again,
Regards
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Betfair trading alerts”