help with historical data from betfair

uzain

how to use historical data from betfair?
does it show you the shape of the graph for the horse you selected?
does it show you how the horse reacted in the market on that day?
Euler

LinusP

And this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11883

The historic data betfair provide is terrible, you need to collect your own.
Khloec

The links pointed out by the above poster are useful

This one that it refers to is the one i use mainly, it is full of errors mind, and takes a bit of work to get it in a workable state. It does hold lots of good information though and any ideas can be worked back through the data to show anything profitable...or not
https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/SP_history.html (SP data for racing, useful as it has ipmax/ipmin)
ivars211

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:33 pm
This may help: -

http://www.betangel.com/betfair-charts/horse_racing/
Any suggestion how to parse these into numeric values? :D
EyePeaSea

What numerical data are you after? Since October last year, I've collected the back odds+liquidity, in 3 minute snapshots from 120 minutes before the start up to the start time. I could make that searchable (date/event/horse) on a web page and downloadable in CSV format? You'd have to create your own graphs for the data, although some of the links that LinusP posted may help you with that.

I assume offering the data for free doesn't isn't an issue (I'm thinking BetFair/Fracsoft exclusivity).

Regards

Ian
ivars211

Thanks for your reply, check PM.

I wish someone could just "accidentally" upload all timestamped data as a torrent file. No one has to know where it came from, wink, wink BetAngel :lol:
nigelk

Just been working on some betfair data. From a total of 969,187 rows listing all different types of markets, once the GB pre-off is filtered, it leaves just 7,148. It takes longer to open the workbook than it does to filter out what you need!
Dr Ginhog

The Promo site data is excellent and free.You do get the odd corrupted days data which is easily corrected. I also use the hrb racing site and for a small contribution their extensive daily files are available which include a whole lot of information about the race,Time of race, distance ,class,prizemoney and also BSP win & Place
You could probably get away with using the promo data only and inplay data such as IPMIN & IPMAX are particularly useful for stats.
If you can gather the data for one year then the uses are limitless. No further need for Practice mode as you can use formulas to test your strategies in minutes. The key to manipulating the data into useable form is to get all the data from one race all into one row. The features and functions of Excel will do this and you can make the repetitive part easy with macros.-Mini programs made up of a recording of repeated keystrokes. The hardest bit is moving the BSP,IPLAYMIN,IPMAxx etc of each runners into that one line . The use of INDEX-MATCH-COUNTIF is the key and I would recommend the youtube videos of "DANNY ROCKS" to get you there. There is months of hard work involved in mastering excel but its worth it.
As regards your Parsing question the DATA-TEXT TO COLUMNS in excel copes with all types of parsing.
I recently looked at the betfair historical data from betfair which gives a weeks data at a time but a lot of the data seemed to be out of sync or corrupted
which surprised me as the promo data is excellent.

Return to “Betfair Data”