NEW BETFAIR HISTORICAL DATA SERVICE

LinusP

Just seen this on the betfair developer forum:
We are pleased to announce that we’ll be shortly releasing a new Betfair Exchange Historical Data service which will provide time-stamped Betfair Exchange data for purchase and download.

All data will be provided in the Exchange Stream API (json) format. Fully time-stamped data will be available going back to ~April 2015 for all sports.

We expect the new service to be available to all customers before the end of May.

Betfair Developer Program
http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=3400

With it being json/streaming format its not going to easy to work with if you don't handle streaming data already, I wonder if they will make it possible to feed it through third part apps such as BA.
megarain

I was part of the beta.

I got a programmer to write something, to take the Tar compressed file, and unpack it/load it into SQL.

And, now, I am brushing up, old SQL skills. (Which I dont want to do). At some point, I may ask for help/partnerships, if anyone is interested .. and has SQL database/analysis skills.

*The data is for sole use only, so, presumably, some sort of agreement would have to be agreed by Betfair.

Depending on your sport, the files can be really big. A horse race, only last .. say 2 mins .. and is manageable .. a 7 hr cricket game, is coming in at 4.6 million rows of data.
LinusP

Yeh I used to parse out the market book into SQL but I now just store compressed json objects in AWS and feed into my frameworks for analysis or back testing. Databases can be a pain/expensive when it it comes to scalability whereas storing files is cheap.

I doubt you are after millisecond level of data, you thought about grouping by second/minute during ETL?
LinusP

£200 is a bit steep but at least they are proving LTP for free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
welshboy06

Monthly fee. Meaning we could pay for a month and just dump all historical data so far, and then just continue collecting live data for free?

Return to “Betfair Data”