New from Australia - Looking for AvB uk horse racing data from Betfair

dougkpga

Hi Northbound,

Thats valuable info because all I need is csv files before March 2018.

I'll check that out.

I will post the results of my research here.

Hey Spreadbetting,

That is also valuable info. I might not have to go down that road as I could use the older csv files.

But if I make money from this as I intend to I will be able to pay my excel guy.

As I said I will share soon and see if this works.

Cheers and thanks to both of you.

Doug
dougkpga

Hi Northbound,

Great mate.

I went back to found the first one of the many sheets.

I might get my guy to do a macro and I'll be back.

Thanks for not giving up on my question.

Cheers Doug
spreadbetting

No problem , nigel stuck up a data grabber to automate the downloading of the data files should save you time if you haven't already got them

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14395
northbound

No worries, happy to help
dougkpga

Thanks SB.
dougkpga

Hi NB & SB and any other interested members,

Further to this discussion on the thread, I thought I would share initial findings.

I have a spreadsheet that imports the csv files with the AvB and deletes all other results.

(the AvB results don't seem to go back too far from Jan to March 2018. I think there is more data in 2017 but files from 2016 & 2015 were missing the AvB).

So I have 3 months data of AvB results which are sorted by macros in the spreadsheet leaving the winner and the loser.

I looked into selecting AvB a while ago but it was too slow and manually I didn't have consistent results to test.

I am using a predictor model from an Australian website which predicts the finishing order according to many racing variables.

As with any racing model results aren't too good (imho) however it does seem useful for the AvB (and also lays, but that is another story).

Anyway I have only done one day but I am going away for a couple of days and was keen to post this.

I use the model to give a horse a rating from 1 to 10, 1 being best and 10 the worst.

I enter these figures in the rows and subtract B from A.

The highest number is the selection and the result can be checked.

I havent got the odds unfortunately but I have a very good staking plan that can cover that.

So here we are. I know this is only one day and I will be back at the task in a couple of days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Data”