Historical data service website issues

megarain

Ok.

Betfair have a website, so u can pay them decent amounts of money for historical data, and 'do the right thing'.

Rather than scrape the website, or use other tools, I pay the money, and have paid them maybe 2000 pounds, over the last 2 yrs.

The website lacks a lot of functionality, but, u struggle thru.

Today, I bought 2 months more data, which they happily charge u for :

data charges.jpg

When u try and download it .. the server doesnt respond.I emailed my previous contact, but got no reply. I hope he hasnt left.
waiting for betfair.jpg
U then engage the Betfair twitter customer service rep, and get frustrated.

8 Hrs later .. still the same error .. the server not responding.

U have to ask yourself, why u bother.

//

Oh, and if anyone asks me for free data (which normally happens at least once a week), .. today is not a good day, and tomorrow doesnt look too good either..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

I feel your frustration, Betfair never seem to fail to find new ways to infuriate their customers
megarain

Still not responding to data requests.
megarain

Came back on Sunday, now down again.

POS
betfair history network error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gstar1975

I have been in contact with Betfair Developer Historical website about the Historical data availability back in July and I got this response and still they havent finished the project. They are updating the system so it will be easier to download the data and will issue an Excel sheet that people can use to download data.

So they seem to be having problems at the moment. I will ask again for an update.

"Thanks for following up.

The project is 2-3 weeks behind schedule at the moment unfortunately, but I'll let you know as soon as this becomes available.

Unfortunately, no Betfair SP data will be provided within the app., only the last traded price per runner over time.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Betfair Developer Program"
megarain

Cool thx.

For anyone buying, there are big gaps in mkts recorded - so, u dont always get what u pay for.
megarain

Neil is a good guy.

He responds v well to emails etc.

//

Unfortunately, we are seeing persistent degraded service on the platform and have raised this with the tech teams as high priority.

They are working on some solutions which I think ultimately mean that we’ll move towards a different way of making the files available.

The problem we have at the moment is that we are attempting to package up custom files (based on filters) on demand prior to downloading.
northbound

megarain wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 pm
For anyone buying, there are big gaps in mkts recorded - so, u dont always get what u pay for.
Yep, last year I purchased horse racing data for Sep 2017 and there was a massive number of races missing. Which I was able to prove in great detail.

Raised it to Betfair and they agreed to refund my purchase. Fair play to them.

Still, it’s not great having to do quality control myself after spending that much money.
gstar1975

I had a quick response from Neil today here is the details regarding the new Historical Data Excel sheet now available on Git Hub:

"Apologies for not getting back to you.

The project is now available and you can access this from https://github.com/betfair/historic-data-workbook

There's a spreadsheet and a word document available which includes instructions on how to use the sheet and what reports are available within it.

I hope you find this useful!

Kind Regards,
Neil
megarain

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 pm
I had a quick response from Neil today here is the details regarding the new Historical Data Excel sheet now available on Git Hub:

"Apologies for not getting back to you.

The project is now available and you can access this from https://github.com/betfair/historic-data-workbook

There's a spreadsheet and a word document available which includes instructions on how to use the sheet and what reports are available within it.

I hope you find this useful!

Kind Regards,
Neil
There is some discussion re this, here :

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17478
megarain

Historical data for Nov 2018-March 2019 likely unavailable till .... DEEP SIGH
historic data down.jpg

Return to “Betfair Data”