Betfair data charges

spreadbetting

DaveJessop wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:40 pm

My transaction list for today is on 438 pages already :D
:o Jesus , that's one hell of a lot of bets, I've done around 80 pages of settled/lapsed/cancelled bets today but 438 pages is mental :)

I'd certainly start to keep a track of your transactions and comms paid if you're doing that many bets a day as it could get very costly if you don't generate any comms. I'd guess your arbing is keeping the charges in check at the moment so if there are any arb free days it'd be worth keeping an eye on the comms and transactions. Sadly as you'd expect Betfair don't have any easy way of showing you your current figures.
DaveJessop

8.36pm and it's 848 pages long :D

Looking at the commission on this bot I can see their point - 300-400 transactions per race eating up the data for less than 5p in commission if there is a profit and nothing on a loss

On the other hand they make billions a year so they can afford to give us a break

I can't see a way to export the account statement - if I could do that I could fiddle around with the excel sort to delete whole chunks of data and just leave the commission figures
spreadbetting

You can download the betting history and use those details to recreate the exact figures Betfair would use as you also have losing markets for implied Comms. Or even simply use the betting profit and loss CSV files to get your comm figure

All you then need is to get your transaction count per hour and I'd imagine that's displayed in BA
DaveJessop

Yes - finally sussed it - PITA that there is a separate csv for each sport so a bit of copy and pasting :D

Really slow day with only 3 decent arbs and a few football trades making a profit at Betfair so only around £10 in commission today

Not sure how much liquidity there is at Betdaq - may look to use that for a few races if there is any money about as I get 0% there at the moment - probably a waste of time

Return to “Betfair Data”