Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

spreadbetting

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Looks like they snuck the runner back into the market as it went inplay. It was in contention at one point. I've no real idea why my real P&L will be as I tried to sort it out in-running.
They settled the market quite quckly, I thought they'd take ages.
sa7med

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
Euler wrote:
Looks like they snuck the runner back into the market as it went inplay. It was in contention at one point. I've no real idea why my real P&L will be as I tried to sort it out in-running.
they must have done a ctrl + z :lol:
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 pm
They just withdrew a runner from that race that actually ran! WTF!
These things seem to happen whenever I pop out for a fag and miss a market!

It's clearly not a technical issue with their control panel this time but human error, and they're occurring so frequently now - probably training staff ahead of Royal Ascot!
Euler

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
Euler wrote:
I think only market ops know there was a cock up and they have tried to cover it up!
Dabbla

A quick follow up from my post yesterday about money missing from my account.
I thought that I had been charged shed loads in transaction fees, but what appears to of happened is that I somehow managed to place bets past my balance.

What im guessing happened is after the outage my bot started up again. Firing bets in at high odds and during the stake recalculating part (So that it bets under £2) its managed to beat my balance.

Panic over :shock:
wearthefoxhat

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm
A quick follow up from my post yesterday about money missing from my account.
I thought that I had been charged shed loads in transaction fees, but what appears to of happened is that I somehow managed to place bets past my balance.

What im guessing happened is after the outage my bot started up again. Firing bets in at high odds and during the stake recalculating part (So that it bets under £2) its managed to beat my balance.

Panic over :shock:
When I read that, the voler la vedette "technical" issue sprang to mind (on a slightly larger scale). ;)
Derek27

Did they reverse the application of the reduction factor for the non-runner that ran?

There must be people who greened-up only to find bets reinstated.
Derek27

Are they taking the piss?

Hi Derek,

We would like to apologise for the outage of the Betfair Exchange on Sunday. We continue to take any down time very seriously and fully appreciate that of late the high standards you rightly expect have not been met.

We understand that having confidence in the ability to place bets and manage positions at all times is of the upmost importance. We are going through a thorough evaluation of why in recent times the frequency of down time, whilst still low, is more than it should be and are fully committed to improving the long-term stability of the Exchange.

Best regards,

Betfair

By 'low' I suspect they mean less than 50% of the time!!
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm
Are they taking the piss?

Hi Derek,

We would like to apologise for the outage of the Betfair Exchange on Sunday. We continue to take any down time very seriously and fully appreciate that of late the high standards you rightly expect have not been met.

We understand that having confidence in the ability to place bets and manage positions at all times is of the upmost importance. We are going through a thorough evaluation of why in recent times the frequency of down time, whilst still low, is more than it should be and are fully committed to improving the long-term stability of the Exchange.

Best regards,

Betfair

By 'low' I suspect they mean less than 50% of the time!!
You could write back and say that it was midway through the biggest cricket match watched by billions that easily cost them at least £80million in matched bets on that market alone. I'm sure the maintenance team budget at Betfair will cover the loss of income.....
Euler

I suggested to them that they write to customers and acknowledge the issues, so I'm glad they have done that. It's an important part of engaging with the issue at hand.
dmbusa

Anyone else having API issues, ladder feels as though it is updating at 2 second intervals rather than the 200 ms it is set to.
PDC

It seems to slow down for me the nearer we get to post time but I had put that down to my computer.
dmbusa

Now getting the frozen prices followed disconnected message on the main screen for a couple of seconds
Naffman

dmbusa wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 pm
Now getting the frozen prices followed disconnected message on the main screen for a couple of seconds
Not getting that - no problems here
Derek27

Just had the odd delayed bet, nothing major. Forum was down for a few minutes.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”