Building own app and jumping odds

menulius

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question which is related to developing my own app which is not related to BetAngel.

So I'm building my own app and the first thing I'm trying to do is to get prices. The problem I'm having is that prices are jumping enormously :(

Please see the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrfC64YUHe0

Odds for a market can jump between 2.11 and 11 easily and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any suggestion?

I am using a delayed key, that's why my odds are different from the Betfair odds on the screen. But I think it should not be jumping so much.

I've tried to use Betfair API sample from GitHub(https://github.com/betfair/stream-api-s ... .ESAClient) and I tried to write everything myself according to Betfair documentation(when it was still working). However, the end result is the same. Odds are jumping up and down like crazy

Any advice on this issue?

UPDATE: I thought maybe it would be useful to provide more information about what my code does.

1) get ListMarkeCatalogs and populate them to the grid.
2) get MarketBooks for selected markets and update prices in my Data Grid.

I have a timer in my form which triggers to get market books every 0.05s and everytime it gets new marketbooks, runner price is very different from the previous call. That is why I called jumping odds
LinusP

It’s the delayed key, you need a live one for accurate odds.
menulius

Hi Linus,

Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that it might be a delayed key but just wanted to double check with someone before paying £300 for it. Thanks again. I will try to buy it and update this thread if that was an issue.
SavioRoca

Any success on this?
For me it happens within BetAngel and another paid application. Initially, I was suspecting the other application having issues and I was troubleshooting without any success with their developer team. Yesterday, I installed BetAngel and same thing happened. It looks like the prices are coming from different sources with delays. I have to mentioned that the BetAngel is installed on a could server (EU London region) and the betfair account is on betfair.ro
Dallas

SavioRoca wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Any success on this?
For me it happens within BetAngel and another paid application. Initially, I was suspecting the other application having issues and I was troubleshooting without any success with their developer team. Yesterday, I installed BetAngel and same thing happened. It looks like the prices are coming from different sources with delays. I have to mentioned that the BetAngel is installed on a could server (EU London region) and the betfair account is on betfair.ro
Is this what your seeing?
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11674
SavioRoca

Thank you for your quick response.
I am qualifying for both scenarios mentioned on the other thread.
I will start by adding some funds to my account and see if it helps.
Last edited by SavioRoca on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Apple have removed all gambling apps that don't hold a license with the local regulators so bear that in mind as well. You would be spending a lot of money for no reward. You can't charge for an app that's gambling-related anyhow even if you do get it published. This is one of the reason we don't have an app.
Yogesh0061

I am also facing same issue with live key, can anyone please help.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”