Target Profit or Loss Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a automation rule that can be used at anytime on any market which will close and hedge your position when the target profit or loss is reached.

The bot is currently set for use on In-Running horse racing markets, (it arms 1 sec after race goes In-Play and remains armed for 10 mins which is long enough for any length race to finish) and is set to green up as soon either a £5 profit or -£3 loss is reached.

(It should be noted that when using on volatile markets like in running horse racing just like using a standard stop loss there is no guarantee it will work quick enough to catch sudden price moves)

To use the file just click on the Profit or Loss.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To change the profit or loss amounts can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Conditions" tab and setting the value to whatever you want to use (make sure when changing the loss figure you remember to include the minus symbol before the amount).

To use on different markets also click on "edit rules file" the click on the "General" tab and change the times so they are applicable to when you want to trade
You can also add this to any current automation rule you have simply by re-creating either or both of the two rule types to an existing file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vladilyich

Does this mean you choose a selection, or two,and then arm the bot to green or red up in play?

I only ask this as there are no stakes or back bet as part of the strategy so I assumed picking the selections is up to the trader?
Dallas

vladilyich wrote:Does this mean you choose a selection, or two,and then arm the bot to green or red up in play?

I only ask this as there are no stakes or back bet as part of the strategy so I assumed picking the selections is up to the trader?
No you dont need to specify any selection you can back and lay any selection/s you please then as soon as Guardian detects that your profit is over £5.00 across the market it would green up, or red up if it detects a -£3.00 loss
zero_signal

Could I use this rule in a football match as a stop trigger to arm after, say the 70 min mark to red up a lay bet that might be going against me? I'm not interested in the greening up side of the rule.

Cheers
Dallas

Yes you can just remove the green up part and amend the times in which it is armed and use it on Football or which ever sport you wish
lazzasurf

Hello, again.

I like this bot, but i cant seem to figure out how to get it to dutch back a set amount of horses in the race, say to 80% of the market. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Dallas

You need to create a "Place Back Bet" rule type for each of the runners and on the parameters tab select the stake by Book%, this is the closest option to dutching to achieve a equal profit on the chosen runners.

Or the quicker way would be to just copy the contents of the loss part of this file into an existing automation file you want to use it with
Abraquay

Say i wanted to stop at say £10 profit or £10 loss for one day can this be done over a number of markets. So i pick 10 races for the day for example. After 4 races i am £10 up so i do not want automation to continue on the remaining races. Or after 6 races i am in a £10 loss and do not want to continue with automation.
I'm thinking of trying VPS in the future and i want to stop at a certain point during the day
when i have hit either a set target profit or loss.

With regard to Betdaq automation is it different from Bet Angel Professional.
i.e the shared automation rules files cannot be imported into Betdaq. They would
have to be created from scratch ?
thanks for your time.
Dallas

This thread will answer your first question about daily targets
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12009

You cant use a Betfair automation file in Betdaq and vice versa but most can be replicated, the Betdaq version does not have all the conditions avalible within the Betfair version so there is some rules its not possible to replicate or they have to be done slightly different making use of which options and features are avalible in Betdaq
Sicknote

With this setup going will it automatically keep trying to lay bets to get you out of the market at as close to -£3 as possible? If say the market quickly falls to say -£6, would it still lay you out at -£6 or if you miss -£3 are you stuck losing your whole stake?
Last edited by Sicknote on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Each time it triggers it will be trying to close at the current best price (what ever that might be) once over the loss amount set.

You could include conditions for it not to close if that price is also greater or less than X odds or instruct it to only close if the loss is between two amounts (ie -£3 to -£7)
Sicknote

dannycutts

so going to try this... thanks :D
alexdbarros

Hi

I am putting in one bot the stake according to % of the balance.

Is there anyway to green up according to % of the stake? (not fixed value)

For example, If the profit is > 10% of the stake, then green up.

If there is no option to do that, it could be a suggestion to put on Guardian.

Thanks
Dallas

Not at the moment so you may want to add it to the suggestion section
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”