Make Market Gap Scalping Guardian Automation Bot Greyhounds

stu410

This bot more red..
cybernet69

stu410 wrote:This bot more red..
I don't think its meant to be a profitable bot. It's just a frame work for you to use and include your own rules.

Scalping/Trading greyhounds is not easy due to low liquidity, price spikes and unscheduled start times by upto 20 seconds.

I doubt very much that anyone is going to post a fully automated profitable system.

Cheers,
greety

Just my twopence for what its worth.
I was getting caught out by sudden suspensions. So I did the obvious and set the trigger back from two minutes to four and green up fromten seconds to one minute ten seconds.
Made the situation much more manageable, but despite greening up I was still getting a late lay bet creeping in, which meant constantly watching every race.
It did'nt do me much good though. After seven consecutive losing trades (only at £2 stakes thankfully), I called it a night.
cybernet69

greety wrote:Just my twopence for what its worth.
I was getting caught out by sudden suspensions. So I did the obvious and set the trigger back from two minutes to four and green up fromten seconds to one minute ten seconds.
Made the situation much more manageable, but despite greening up I was still getting a late lay bet creeping in, which meant constantly watching every race.
It did'nt do me much good though. After seven consecutive losing trades (only at £2 stakes thankfully), I called it a night.
To be able to make any kind of profit from Greyhounds then you need to stay away from the current prices on offer. ;)
Crazyskier

To be able to make any kind of profit from Greyhounds then you need to stay away from the current prices on offer. ;)[/quote]

Actually if the gaps are big enough, there are some small profits to be had by taking the odd back price on a steaming favourite. Even £20 of matched bets on a dog will often result in a 5 tick swing I find! The trick is to make the lack of liquidity work for you.

Almost every greyhound race has at least one back price offered on the favourite that is greater than the BSP. I often see prices matched at 4s on dogs that steam to 2.5-3 BSP.

Getting in early and judging the peak price / which dog is going to steam is the challenge.

One tip I'll share is the fact that many bots are BLINDLY offering back prices +1 and then wonder why they have matched bets laying at 4s (when the back price was 2.8 and lay price just below 5s, and suddenly the price is now 3.2 and 3.8 LAY :shock:

I've been caught myself so often that I'm now trading against the early price botters manually if certain conditions are met... The added advantage of this is that you also have a few extra minutes to trade out at a profit - often tough with such limited liquidity / time before the off in some doggy races.
greety

Been using this bot with a little success.
My losses have mainly come from when a dog has been backed but no lay bet has been matched. So the market suspends and I have five dogs running against my back bet.
Is there any rule I can introduce to stop this happening?
Dallas

The green up part of the bot will ensure no unmatched bets go in play, if your finding the market is suspending before the due off time and before the green up has had chance to trigger you can change the time of this and have it trigger a few seconds earlier, if you do this make sure you change the time for the back/lay rules to stop triggering just before otherwise further bets may be placed after the green up

So if you set the green up to trigger at
00:00:17 till 00:00:05
set the back bets to stop at
00:00:20
greety

Thanks Dallas.
I've already done some of that. I found I was'nt getting many triggers, so I set the trigger to five minutes before off (instead of four) and I set the greening up back by a minute to 00.01.10.
But races still appear to be going of up to two minutes early.
I think I will set the greening back to two minutes.
One other question.
I don't mind being exposed on an unmatched lay bet. Most of my small profit has come from that. (I know it's gambling).
Is it possible for the bot to be set, to green up on just the unmatched back bets, not the unmatched lays?
Dallas

If your talking about UK Greyhounds rarely have i seen races go off more than 10 secs early and never more than about 20secs, If your seeing races go off as much as 2 mins early its likely your clock is wrong and if so will be playing havoc with your rules, equally with the exception of the odd OR race there is never any activity prior to the final 3 mins or so

By greening up your spreading any profit or loss across all the selections any lays left unmatched would be cancelled at the off anyway
buddypeach

Noob question here :) Having watched this bot run in practice mode, I've noticed that it often reaches a significant profit relatively quickly, only to then dive into a loss before greening. Is it possible to set a stop at profit, eg stop and green at x% profit stop at £x etc. ?
Dallas

buddypeach wrote:Noob question here :) Having watched this bot run in practice mode, I've noticed that it often reaches a significant profit relatively quickly, only to then dive into a loss before greening. Is it possible to set a stop at profit, eg stop and green at x% profit stop at £x etc. ?
Yes it is fully editable for you to add your own idea's to

The following two threads from the FAQ section explain how to do what your asking

This link shows how you set any bot to green up at a target amount
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

This link show how to stop any bot from firing anymore times once a profit is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
buddypeach

Thank you Dallas, I'll read up on those.
brown12633

Hi Dallas.
I have been playing around with this to get an understanding of automation as a newbie and have had some good results. I have looks at tweeking it to suit me but if I want to close ALL trades with the top greening button it does it but the bot appears to then keep firing in more bets until the 15 before race. Is there a setting I am missing.
Cheers.
Dallas

brown12633 wrote:Hi Dallas.
I have been playing around with this to get an understanding of automation as a newbie and have had some good results. I have looks at tweeking it to suit me but if I want to close ALL trades with the top greening button it does it but the bot appears to then keep firing in more bets until the 15 before race. Is there a setting I am missing.
Cheers.
Make sure you have the scales icon uncrossed so that your are greening up and not just closeing the trade, once you do that it should stop this particular bot for you.
Any problems just post back
brown12633

Yes mate it is unchecked. I am just trying to adapt this so I can use it semi auto in the fact I can green or red out manually, but the hedge button isn't overriding. The bot just keeps in bets until 7 sec out when it finally hedges. :x

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”