Servant Idea

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
dtrant90

Hey guys new here..
In run idea here..
Is it possible to create a servant or some automation where you back the winner at 1.1 for 400 and it lays every other runner at say a lay of 10.00 for $100 liability at the click of 1 or few buttons?

thanks in advance
ShaunWhite

Yes it's very simple. Just create back bet and lay bet rules that have a condition which checks the price of selection 1 (sorted in order of favouritism).

Or set a market signal when the price condition is met and then use that signal as a condition for your bet rules.

What might be slightly confusing is the fact that the individual lines in a Rules file are also called rules. They are actually actions which can have conditions applied to them to control when they are executed.

Simply create a list of the back of lay bets you want to place, and make sure each one has conditions specified so that it happens when you choose. Use practice mode and have a play, it really is the best way to learn.

In your example you would also want each bet to be triggered only once (assuming you don't want to do more things if a 2nd or 3rd horse reaches 1.1.

Make sure you use practice mode to test your automation! (it's worth saying that twice)

The forum has lots of example automation files you can use as a starting point or to look at to see how various things can be done. The online manual also has a lot of helpful hints and lists of features you can employ. If you're still struggling after all that reading then post again and I'm sure you'll find someone who will create the file for you.
dtrant90

Wow thanks!!

What if a scenario where 2 horses are trading on and off favouritism.. is there a way to make sure i wouldnt lay the one i am backing?

also will this slow the bets getting through to the market? opposed to just placing 1 back bet on the winner?
ShaunWhite

The speed shouldn't be an issue, I've never seen any stats on it but BA can place bets at an incredibly high speed. Std BF inplay delay applies which is double for bets under the minimum size.

If you look at the list of available conditions you'll see that you can test the number of matched bets and value of matched bets on a selection. You can use these to prevent multiple bets.

I'm not sure why you want to back one and lay the rest as these seem to achieve the same thing but I'm not here to question your motivation for wanting to do it.

You might find this interesting -> Back the likely winner

It's a long thread but if you sort though the cr@p I'm sure it'll give you a starting point and some useful knowledge.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”