Betfair scalping with a simple Bet Angel Servant (Video)

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
QuietShout

This was an interesting video to watch, it inspired me to give servants a try, I didn't really know what they were before. As pointed out in the comments on Youtube, the servant created doesn't actually do what is shown in the video, someone asks - "Betangel--why has the servant closed out the markets when it went against the trade?" - on the video it shows the servant automatically scratch a trade after it entered and the trade would have made a loss. Peter even points this feature out but there is no reference to how this is achieved.

So, what's missing?
-
https://youtu.be/KVJA9IAd7v4 - Video link.
Dallas

In the video, it was programmed to place the lay bet 1 tick below the market price after the back bet was matched - which is what it does in the video.
If a large order where to come in and shove the price up several ticks it will, of course, place the lay bet there causing a loss on this occasion.

The video is just to demonstrate the principal and to give you a starting point, it's up to users to then build on that and start adapting it if they want to cover various eventualities etc
toozer

hi guys i gave this a try followed peters instructions to the letter, no idea what i done wrong but it did not work whitch was a bit strange, just wondering if dallas could cunjur up a servant please, thanks
threedogs

I have set up this servant however when I click on the ladder no bet is placed ..probably something simple anybdy any ideas please ?..
threedogs

toozer wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 pm
hi guys i gave this a try followed peters instructions to the letter, no idea what i done wrong but it did not work whitch was a bit strange, just wondering if dallas could cunjur up a servant please, thanks
I would click on the bet said and nothing happened at all tried many times but no result
Euler

threedogs wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:56 pm
I have set up this servant however when I click on the ladder no bet is placed ..probably something simple anybdy any ideas please ?..
You need to invoke the servant by using a keypress and a click
Dallas

toozer wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 pm
If you post the one you made ill check it later
threedogs

Euler wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:55 pm
threedogs wrote:
Yes I press the control key and left mouse and I have had it working before but suddenly it wont respond to a click but if I just left click without dervant that works fine so I dont know what is the matter
Dallas

threedogs wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:41 pm
Euler wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:55 pm
threedogs wrote:
Yes I press the control key and left mouse and I have had it working before but suddenly it wont respond to a click but if I just left click without dervant that works fine so I dont know what is the matter
If you haven't edited the rule and it just stopped working open your servant manager and ensure you still have it assigned to the CTRL+Left Click shortcut.
Perhaps even unassign it and assign it to another and see if that solves it
brown12633

I myself thought this would be a good little servant to get me into trying them. I followed the instruction as per the video. It does place the back bet but never places the lae at either scratching out or one tick below. Is there somthing missing from yhe video.
Dallas

brown12633 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:00 pm
I myself thought this would be a good little servant to get me into trying them. I followed the instruction as per the video. It does place the back bet but never places the lae at either scratching out or one tick below. Is there somthing missing from yhe video.
Everything in the video is complete (or it wouldn't have worked when shown at the end)
but I have recently added a similar servant to the shared servant's section for anyone struggling to replicate it
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16638

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”