Support and Resistance Levels

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
49ers

Hey Dallas,

Is it possible with the new upgrades to store the price point(s) where the most long term liquidity has been traded on a runner.

Say for example the fav has had £160k matched

It's currently trading at 2.8 with the largest amount of long term liquidity traded at 2.4 is it therefore possible for BetAngel to store 2.4 into a value maybe call it "MostLongTermVolume" but only if the amount traded at this point was say greater than 10k or 30% of a runners total traded volume this could then possibly used in an alert or a trigger once the current traded price reaches this level?

I'm just looking at ways I can find and store potential support and resistance levels to trigger automation, if there are any workarounds or starter servant/automation file that may illustrate this that I've missed and could take a look at, point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

Thanks
Dallas

Yes, you can now define a range with the new SV options, and there are now two examples which do this, both have been made for full automation but of course very easy to apply them as servants instead

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18655
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18997
ShaunWhite

Dallas, those both look at traded ranges? I think the guy is looking for some sort of VPOC.
49ers

Hey Dallas,

I'm looking to use those example with this as an addition to look at where short term liquidity is entering the market in relation to long term liquidity that could indicate a good support level to place a back or lay bet.

I've attached an image to try and illustrate what I'm trying to achieve.

For example
Example.png
In it's most basic form I'd be looking to store 4.8 as a value illustrated by the yellow bar being the highest (most liquidity long term traded here 13.4k) but then if possible add additional condtions to this to say only store the value if the matched amount in the yellow bar exceeds 10k (x amount) or exceeds a % of the total amount traded on the runner for example 20% of the total £84k traded on this runner?

Not sure if this is possible but hope it makes sense?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It can't automatically find which price has had the greatest volume traded - I'm not so sure that would be so useful all the time as many times a price outside the current main range may have the highest amount matched due to a single large bet or if the price has moved from an existing range and is now forming a new one (but as yet the higher volume are still in an old range sever ticks/percentage from the current price)
it.

It could though reference either the traded volume on a market or selection.
So you could add to the examples in the links above that 'the traded volume at the price must also be greater than 20% of the total traded on that selection'
49ers

Thanks Dallas,

I'll have a play around with the automation file links and see what I can come up with.

Cheers
jimibt

maybe we are indeed circling back to a timestamped VWAP which would allow for a better view on the movement of the prices over a limited timewindow (i.e. the 5-6 minute PRE race period). this may well allow a very tight variety of SV's to be scattered around and acted upon...

see: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18335

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”