Offset bets in a Spread Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This is a basic Automation Servant for use mainly on pre-race Horse Racing markets but can be used on most others.

The purpose of this Servant is to place a lay into the market then have it offset in a spread rather than all at one price.

Each time its started the servant will place 3 x lay bets at the current reverse odds, if not matched within 60 secs they will be killed. It uses the new ‘Percentage of Servant Context’ as a staking method, which means it uses the current selected stake value of the selection you start it on, if matched it then spreads out its offsets as follows; 20% @ 1 tick, 30% @ 2 ticks & 50% @ 3 ticks

So, if you had a £200 stake chosen from your ladder pre-set stakes or next to the selection on the one click screen and then start this servant the 3 lay bets combined would still equal £200 (lay 1 £40, Lay 2 £60 & Lay 3 £100) which means the offset amounts using the percentages above would also look as follows; £40 @ 1 tick, £60 @ 2 ticks & £100 @ 3 ticks

It can be started as many times as required on the same selection or as many different selections as you want.

The times you might want to use this servant is when a price reaches the bottom of its current trading range and you sense its about to stall or do a small reversal, or you could perhaps use it to follow a drifter out

To use the file just click on the ASC Offset bets in a Spread.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eddy4005

thanks although im having a nightmare with servant functions .
Dallas

In what way?
megarain

This is a stunningly good piece of work.

Many thx.
ShaunWhite

megarain wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Many thx.
It's pretty effective for a day's coding.

To quote MrW "That was an easy one".... I guess perspective depends on whether you're a hot trader or a hot coder. ;)

Seriously though, it is nicely designed. Nailing together a bunch of existing objects in an innovative way is an effective method of delivering new functionality without too much cost and risk. That's a complement btw not a critisism, I'll always wave the flag for the development bods. I hope they got thier friday afternoon donuts.
ANDYRICHMOND

Having problems with this one Dallas - when I use this servant all it does is put the whole stake in at one price point but the bets is split into three separate orders....any advice?
Dallas

ANDYRICHMOND wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:08 am
Having problems with this one Dallas - when I use this servant all it does is put the whole stake in at one price point but the bets is split into three separate orders....any advice?
Thats what this one is suppost to do
ANDYRICHMOND

Ah yes I see now....was thinking that it was a type of spread servant rather than anything else....my bad ;)
Korattt

megarain wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Many thx.
you reckon you're able to make use of this file for your cricket trading MegaRain?
megarain

Not yet .. I still need last matched price to be kept, so It can be referenced.

But, its a start. (and am sure the good people at Bet Angel, have this on their 'To do' list.
FrankCastle794

Is there a parameter I can add to a Servant to have it repeat itself x number of times. Eg if I want to use the spread exit inrunning and execute when the first lot have matched it bangs in another entry etc. Ta
Dallas

FrankCastle794 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:03 pm
Is there a parameter I can add to a Servant to have it repeat itself x number of times. Eg if I want to use the spread exit inrunning and execute when the first lot have matched it bangs in another entry etc. Ta
Yes you can increase the number of triggers on the 'General' Tab

Then add all or some of the following conditions to control how many times it triggers and/or bets it allows at any one time
Number of unmatched bets
Number of matched bets
Number of place bet triggers
FrankCastle794

Thanks mate

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”