Take SP & Emergency Green Up Safety Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This is a Safety Servant for general use on any pre off market were SP can be taken.

This is a duel purpose Safety Servant, not only will it cover you from outages by continually Taking SP on unmatched bets but also if you had forgotten to green up manually pre-off it will do it for you as soon as the market goes in-play.

As a Safety Servant this will automatically become active 10 minutes before the start and will continue check the market every 5 seconds and Take SP on any unmatched bets for you. In addition to that once the market goes in-play it will then perform an emergency green up if required, and do this three times or until greened up equally on all selections giving you double protection.

Why take SP?
Its good practice that when opening a position even if it’s a longer term one you still put your closing order in well outside the current price (you can of course move it if the price gets nearer and you’re not yet ready to have it closed) by at least having it in the market you can then take SP. Should you then lose your internet connection or have a PC crash if it’s not matched before the start you will still get matched at SP, preventing you from a possible total loss. Even if the Betfair API were to crash if you had already taken SP on your unmatched bet/s they will still settle it once the API is back up and running even if its hours later, again this will prevent you from taking a full loss on your opening bet.

To use the file just click on the AS Take SP & Emergency Green Up Safety Servant.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194

NB, once you have selected a Safety Servant and ticked the ‘On’ box if you save the current settings as a profile it will be ready to trigger on each new market you switch to whenever using that profile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonObvious

Hi,

I'd downloaded this servant but when the race starts the take SP part of the rule doesnt fire when I have an unmatched bet in the market, it just hedges up.

Am I missing something?
to75ne

RonObvious wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi,

I'd downloaded this servant but when the race starts the take SP part of the rule doesnt fire when I have an unmatched bet in the market, it just hedges up.

Am I missing something?
"This is a duel purpose Safety Servant, not only will it cover you from outages by continually Taking SP on unmatched bets but also if you had forgotten to green up manually pre-off it will do it for you as soon as the market goes in-play."

thats what its supposed to do
RonObvious

Yes but its not doing the first part for me. For example if I have an open bet in the market when the market goes in play the unmatched is just cancelled not taken as SP. And then the market hedges.

So the market is inly hedging up my position when it goes IP.

It doesnt work like it would if I clicked the Take SP All button
Dallas

The purpose of the Take SP part is to cover you against outages so is only set to trigger until 20 secs before post time, any bets placed after that won't be counted and instead will get canceled at the off unless you edit the arm time.
RonObvious

Hi Dallas,

I changed it to 1 second before the off, but if I change it any later wont it clash with the hedge part of the rule?
Dallas

RonObvious wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:30 pm
Hi Dallas,

I changed it to 1 second before the off, but if I change it any later wont it clash with the hedge part of the rule?
The hedge won't trigger until 1 second after it's gone in-play so you could keep the SP triggering right up to the off if that's how you want to use it
JasBarrow

When I use this servant I sometimes miss the green up part in play and the servant kind of chases the price up and down the ladder. Is there a way to change the green up from taking the current market price to maybe current market price plus or minus 1 to make sure the green up is taken?
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 pm
When I use this servant I sometimes miss the green up part in play and the servant kind of chases the price up and down the ladder. Is there a way to change the green up from taking the current market price to maybe current market price plus or minus 1 to make sure the green up is taken?
The only options are to green up at the current or reverse price, I did see someone request it in the suggestion area in the last 2-3 weeks so it would be worth adding your support to that if its a feature you would like to see added in a future version of BA

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”