Back or Lay Outside the Current Price Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is mainly for use on horse racing markets but could be used on just about any market type both pre and in-play.

The purpose of this servant is to allow you to place bets at odds outside the current price, (without a servant Betfair would match all bets at the best available price when placed into the market).

When you start the servant you just need to ensure your mouse cursor is hovering over the price at which you want the bet to be placed at. The servant will then ‘Store the Value’ of these odds as its ‘context price’ then IF the price trades at this stored context price the bet will be placed for 50% of its ‘Context Stake’ (which means 50% of the stake amount you have selected at the time you start the servant).

For example, in the image below, I can see a nice defined traded range, however if the price breaks through the bottom I think this could be the start of a steam so I immediately want to place a back bet on this runner at 3.35 if the price gets there, as I have a stake of £100 selected from the ladder pre-set stakes the back bet placed would be for £50

1.JPG

To avoid any chances of double bets or conflicts with other servants each time you start the servant it will store the current price and ignore any previously stored price (so if you change your mind you can start it again and the previous Stored Value is forgotten), it will also cancel any unmatched bets on that selection each time its started and stop any other servant you may have running.
There is also a condition that the market must NOT be in-play, so you are protected against any unwanted in-play bets.
If you wish to use it in-play, ie, to lay a runner if it starts to drift or to perhaps back a runner if it trades are really short odds.
There are two servants to download at the bottom of this post, both are identical except one is used to places back bets into the market the other places lay bets.

To use this servant just click on the ‘Context Entry Back’ and/or ‘Context Entry Lay.Baf’ attachment links below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjay

this is an excellent addition to the library - thankyou
keldix

Hi Dallas, I'm getting an error message when trying to import this servant. It says that it was created with a different version of Bet Angel. I am using Pro v1.49.0
Dallas

keldix wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am
Hi Dallas, I'm getting an error message when trying to import this servant. It says that it was created with a different version of Bet Angel. I am using Pro v1.49.0
You need the latest V1.50
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16227
keldix

Thanks bud, all sorted now
Banthorpe

Great Servant Dallas

Just a quick question Is there a way I could modify the servant to allow me to have more than one entry waiting and also is it possible to have some sort of pop up or colour change on the ladder to remind me where I have entries waiting. Many Thanks

Andrew
Dallas

Banthorpe wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:35 am
Great Servant Dallas

Just a quick question Is there a way I could modify the servant to allow me to have more than one entry waiting and also is it possible to have some sort of pop up or colour change on the ladder to remind me where I have entries waiting. Many Thanks

Andrew
How are you wanting your other entry placing?
ie, always a set number of ticks from this entry or will they be random and decided at the time also?

There is no option at present to colur a cell on the ladder where its placement is pending - perhaps something for a future build if enough people would find it a useful addition
Banthorpe

Thanks for the reply. I have modified it to say place a back bet if it reaches that price with various tick offsets but may want to have other back bets waiting at different prices or maybe even have a back bet outside the price range waiting and a lay bet outside the price range waiting Many Thanks
Dallas

Banthorpe wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am
Thanks for the reply. I have modified it to say place a back bet if it reaches that price with various tick offsets but may want to have other back bets waiting at different prices or maybe even have a back bet outside the price range waiting and a lay bet outside the price range waiting Many Thanks
If you remove the rules that clear, stop & cancel etc then you will be able to start it multiple times each time storing a new entry point.

Just beware you remember where you have clicked or include something to stop it otherwise you could have bets triggering you forgot about at a later time
Banthorpe

Thanks Great Help Really apprieciated
Niko

Hi Dallas, is there a way of doing this with automation/signals?? I want to place a back bet once an in running horse reaches a certain odds with that back bet triggering a lay a set number of ticks above current best market price. Bet always goes in at market price on betfair. Am I being a bit dim today?? :)
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:19 am
Hi Dallas, is there a way of doing this with automation/signals?? I want to place a back bet once an in running horse reaches a certain odds with that back bet triggering a lay a set number of ticks above current best market price. Bet always goes in at market price on betfair. Am I being a bit dim today?? :)
Yes, its detailed in this thread, which also has links to ready-made examples in the shared files section
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11621
Niko

Cheers again!!
Niko

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 am
Niko wrote:
Yes, its detailed in this thread, which also has links to ready-made examples in the shared files section
ahh, ok, but in a fast moving market you can miss the lay price doing it like that. Can you not place a lay as if you were putting a bet on the ladder screen in automation?
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:31 am
Dallas wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 am
Niko wrote:
ahh, ok, but in a fast moving market you can miss the lay price doing it like that. Can you not place a lay as if you were putting a bet on the ladder screen in automation?
No, Betfair will just match it immediately if that or a better price is available

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”