Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
teambulldog

Thanks for the help dallas ,, Glad your getting on good with it mark..
Thanks
Julian
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 pm
Hi Dallas,

Been running this on the dogs (Favourite) after i changed the £100 to £10 for races with market volume > £5000 at 2 mins to post.

Early days but great results so far. :)

Many thanks,

Mark

Good stuff
mbul5ara

Hi Dallas,
Thank you so much for this.

I also wanted to combine the two servants so have the back and lay servants running simultaneously on one selection, but I didn't understand how to modify them, I get that you have to remove the first rule, but didn't know how to do the rest, would you be able to elaborate please,
Many thanks
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Dallas,thanks for doing the back and lay trap servants ,,, love them and are how i trade manual...
Can you help please as i like to put one or two back traps and one or two lay traps in the market when i trade but would like to have at least one back and one lay trap with the servants, But they cancel out if i try to put one of each on the same selection ??
Thanks again
Julian
Off the top of my head, the first rule that cancels other servants would need to be removed

Then the clear signals that are on that rule would need transferring to the opening bet rule of each servant but it would need to be changed to clear just one named signal ie 'nolay'
You'de then need to add a set/modify rule to clear the ''no cancel' signal
and add a set signal condition
the signal named 'nolay'
is NOT set with a value

You'd then need to do that for the lay servant but you'd also need to change all the signal names used throughout that servant so that they don't conflict with the back bet servant
Dallas

mbul5ara wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 pm
Hi Dallas,
Thank you so much for this.

I also wanted to combine the two servants so have the back and lay servants running simultaneously on one selection, but I didn't understand how to modify them, I get that you have to remove the first rule, but didn't know how to do the rest, would you be able to elaborate please,
Many thanks
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Dallas,thanks for doing the back and lay trap servants ,,, love them and are how i trade manual...
Can you help please as i like to put one or two back traps and one or two lay traps in the market when i trade but would like to have at least one back and one lay trap with the servants, But they cancel out if i try to put one of each on the same selection ??
Thanks again
Julian
Off the top of my head, the first rule that cancels other servants would need to be removed

Then the clear signals that are on that rule would need transferring to the opening bet rule of each servant but it would need to be changed to clear just one named signal ie 'nolay'
You'de then need to add a set/modify rule to clear the ''no cancel' signal
and add a set signal condition
the signal named 'nolay'
is NOT set with a value

You'd then need to do that for the lay servant but you'd also need to change all the signal names used throughout that servant so that they don't conflict with the back bet servant
If you could be a bit more specific of which parts your still struggling with I'll try and clarify
sniffer66

Wanted to add my thanks in for this one as well Dallas. I usually just trade manually, including using trap trades - back and lay at the same time.
The problem is running manually it's hard to manage more than one runner, I often miss hitting the opposing trade when things get busy.

But this gave me the bare bones to set up using automation on multiple runners.
I've managed to extend this to a re-arming single servant that's posting both the trap lay & back trades and firing in the opposing trade. Once both trap & opposing trade are taken it then fires in a new trap back or lay, x ticks off the best price (based on money waiting, to get to the front of the queue).
Had to build in some additional logic to deal with spikes that take the initial trap before the cancel can kick in or place the opposing trade though.

Had some fun with the signal resets, and keeping signals discreet per runner but got there in the end.
I assume the only way to cancel more than one specific signal on the initial trap trade is to copy the trap back\lay rule, retaining the same trigger conditions but change that to a Set\Modify a Signal rule only ? Then do that for each unique signal you want to clear ? Thats how I've done it.
Would be great if we could set the values of more than one signal in a single rule. But not sure how feasible that is or would have enough other uses to make that viable.
teambulldog

Hi Sniffer,
I have been trying to set this up the way you are doing it (since we got the servant) and still cant get it ???
Please Please could you help
Thanks
Julian
sniffer66

Hi Julian, no problem. Will see what I can do to help
sniffer66

Looking at building on the functionality of this a bit more now it's automated.

if I'm manually trading I'll place the initial trap trades between 4-7 ticks away from the current price but usually place within the recent traded range and by least money waiting (so am at the front of the queue on both sides of the book)

Thinking I can use stored values to work out the money waiting for each of the 7 ticks either side but can't work out how to then use those values to calculate the price with least money waiting. Is that possible using Guardian ? I'm in IT and could do it easily in a script - powershell or VB etc. is this one for Excel ?
Pjhaynes2

Hi Dallas,

I am fairly new to the automation idea, so sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to automate this? To have a bot that looks for gaps, and then starts the servant as I would if using it manually?
Thanks
Pete
paspuggie48

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 pm
No probs, hope I got the concept right and it's doing as you were expecting?
Star Dallas ;) I presume this is linked to the video Peter uploaded to YT recently?
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:16 am
Looking at building on the functionality of this a bit more now it's automated.

if I'm manually trading I'll place the initial trap trades between 4-7 ticks away from the current price but usually place within the recent traded range and by least money waiting (so am at the front of the queue on both sides of the book)

Thinking I can use stored values to work out the money waiting for each of the 7 ticks either side but can't work out how to then use those values to calculate the price with least money waiting. Is that possible using Guardian ? I'm in IT and could do it easily in a script - powershell or VB etc. is this one for Excel ?
It should be doable, but if you can do it easily in VB then I'd probably stick to that way.
I'm sure I've got some templates saved somewhere for Storing the values outside the best3 prices which it should then be possible to find the lowest by creating a new stored value from a range

But I'd need to step through it all first for it to be clear in my head
Dallas

Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:36 am
Hi Dallas,

I am fairly new to the automation idea, so sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to automate this? To have a bot that looks for gaps, and then starts the servant as I would if using it manually?
Thanks
Pete
When you say looking for a gap do you mean a price with no money waiting at all (or at least less than £2) or similar to the video shows are you meaning a gap as in a price with quite a low amount waiting?
Dallas

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 am
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 pm
No probs, hope I got the concept right and it's doing as you were expecting?
Star Dallas ;) I presume this is linked to the video Peter uploaded to YT recently?
Yes, this is the one shown in the video just uploaded
Pjhaynes2

Hi Dallas,

Yes, I guess it would need to wait for the market to have a certain amount of liquidity (maybe 100k) then look for prices with £20 or less waiting. This is how I am using it manually anyhow
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Thanks
Pete
When you say looking for a gap do you mean a price with no money waiting at all (or at least less than £2) or similar to the video shows are you meaning a gap as in a price with quite a low amount waiting?
Dallas

Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:08 pm
Hi Dallas,

Yes, I guess it would need to wait for the market to have a certain amount of liquidity (maybe 100k) then look for prices with £20 or less waiting. This is how I am using it manually anyhow
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Thanks
Pete
Adding a volume condition is straight forward enough as it can be selected straight from the list of conditions
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/volume.html

As is looking for an amount waiting at any of the best three prices, that to can be done by using a Stored value condition, there is another example here which uses that condition so you can see how you'd go about setting it up
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18645

The trickery part comes if you want to look at money waiting outside the best three prices as that requires several additional stored values setting up and sort of leads into Sniffer66's post at the top of this page which i'll try and have a dig into this week if I get chance

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”