strange betting?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
eatyourgreens

hi all, I have just been watching the betting on a football match (olimpia FC), it is currently half time. I have been laying the over 2.5 market, as it usually rises, and then I green up. This match is very, very strange , as soon as the price starts to rise it gets hit with a slug of money to keep it around 1.5, never seen this happen before. Its still 0-0, and still around 1.5 for the over 2,5 goals ???
eatyourgreens

...........Think I might have just cocked up ................I kept laying around 1.5, 2nd half started and then goal on 48 minutes and another at 51 !!!...... thought it was too good to be true :-(

have a nice day! :-)
eatyourgreens

OUCH !!!! another goal at 68 mins, :-(

O well, thats another one for my learning curve!!
Kafkaesque

Were you watching the match? Or "just" laying to back blind, because that's how it usually behaves?

As a rule, it goes without saying, the over/under will adjust over time as you're saying, but no rule without exception. Much as it seems simple logic the over should drift over time and the under vice virsa, remember that it is still a reflection of a combination of the expected chance of over/under before the match and time played. If the match develops in a way different to the prematch expectation (reflected in the price), then the drift in the over will adjust and became faster or slower than normally.
eatyourgreens

hi Kafka, I was just betting blind, and not watching the match. I was just scalping for a few ticks, done that many times before and never seen the betting behave as it did in that match. At halftime, the betfair graph for the over 2.5 market looked exactly how you would expect the unders to look......but even steeper !!!! ,,,,,,,,,from kick off, a 45 degree downwood slide until halftime, with one blip. I honestly thought some ones bot was misfiring, 2/3k kept appearing around 1.5, when it was gone another another 2/3k appeared.

True what you say about the market, and I really shouldnt have kept laying blindly, I think I can safely say " I dipped my toe in the water, and got my fingers burnt!!"

have a nice day! :-)

Return to “Football trading”