Scalpy by Psychoff

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:00 am
The mere fact that even a trained psychiatrist struggled with trading and gave up at one point after losing everything just shows how incredibly difficult it actually is.
Thomas Edison once said "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Kai

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:17 am
Thomas Edison once said "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Exactly, plenty of good quotes around on the subject. The point is that everyone fails all the time and losses play a normal part in life. Trading is no different.
psychoff

sa7med wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 pm
psychoff wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:06 pm
Hi again,

Short note about Scalpy: Project suspended at the end of 2018.

I decided to be more active in the BA forum so if you have any questions, comments about football trading, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

P
Hi psychoff. Sorry to hear about Scalpy. I remember seeing you post about it and being interested. Any plans to approach from a different angle perhaps?

Was curious. I remember reading that you are a trained psychiatrist. How much, if any, of that background do you apply in your training? If so, what are some of the most important aspects?
Project is suspended atm but we have some future plans depending on AI watching the game. I know sounds like a bit science fiction but I believe it will be possible at some point.

Successful trading requires a strong psychology and my profession helped me a lot in this way. Controlling the emotions and behaviour is one of the keys to be profitable longterm.
cmuddle

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

:)
psychoff

https://vimeo.com/346748999

For those who dont follow me on Twitter.
wearthefoxhat

I think any new/tweaked strategy will have to beware of games with VAR. I understand Betfair cancels new trades made if a goal is disallowed due to VAR, and can only imagine some late goal action stories will be posted on the forum next season.
smithsj1

Yes, that happened to me recently when I traded out after the goal then the ref decided to look at VAR and disallowed the goal. Betfair reversed my trades the next day to leave me in a loss position. The files provided by Dallas on the lay the draw relies on the position being greened up after a suspension of the market has ended so I have had no problems when I let the Betangel automation do its thing,

Stuart
psychoff

VAR has been a big problem/confusion since its introduction. EPL's starting to use VAR will help the things settle soon I guess.
greenmark

"The Premier League will not be re-refereeing the game by VAR and will set a high bar for decisions, says referees' chief Mike Riley."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48903289
I have to say I'm sceptical about that. TV will replay incidents ad iinfinitum and the pressure to give in to a VAR review will grow and grow. Only my opinion, of course :).
spreadbetting

TV already replays incidents ad infinitum , especially ones where they believe the decisions are wrong. Referees are only human they all make mistakes or miss incidents due to the speed of the game. VAR's here to stay no matter what our views are, personally I reckon it being used in the premiership can only be a good thing as they'll have to get a grip on things quickly and become more efficient at using it. Whether Betfair also become efficient is another matter.
madgoose1

VAR is a flawed system and that much is certain,what we already have is also flawed but at least we have emotion and passion when a goal is scored and that will be lost in a lot of instances which can only be detrimental to those watching the game.Wrong decisions are made everyday day by all people in this forum and we cope with it ,over analysing things is not always a good idea.VAR will not be around for ever, it will be around until its scrapped as a bad idea or is replaced by another form of interference.Four officials in a game is plenty,we do not need anymore.It will NEVER be used in all leauges and that itself makes it unfair.In my opinion its a bad idea.
wearthefoxhat

As long as the main referee remembers; VAR = Video ASSISTANT Referee...then it should all work fine. (famous last words)
Kai

psychoff wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 pm
https://vimeo.com/346748999

For those who dont follow me on Twitter.
That awkward moment when you spend all day making your record-breaking video but nobody comments because they're too busy watching Wimbledon :mrgreen:

To be perfectly honest the production values weren't really my cup of tea but I can appreciate the effort and the message behind it, it's probably meant to inspire others like the older video did so thanks for that and kudos for managing to scale up your football edge.

For me personally, the video just highlights the importance of scalability in general, because there aren't that many edges/markets that can scale up properly, and there's even less traders out there that have the stomach for it. It's just a shame that Betfair get about half of everything back most of the time.
PeterLe

I think Psychoff got a bit of stick on Twitter as people didnt just want to know thta the profits were good, but also how he did it (maybe you can never win on social media!)
For me; there was great intrinsic just knowing that profits of that magnitude were possible, I can take something from that. so I say well done Psychoff, amazing results

Also, lets not forget the kind gesture that Psychoff did last Christmas in giving a large 4 figure sum to Charity. Great Respect for that P
Regards
Peter
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm
I think Psychoff got a bit of stick on Twitter as people didnt just want to know thta the profits were good, but also how he did it (maybe you can never win on social media!)
For me; there was great intrinsic just knowing that profits of that magnitude were possible, I can take something from that. so I say well done Psychoff, amazing results

Also, lets not forget the kind gesture that Psychoff did last Christmas in giving a large 4 figure sum to Charity. Great Respect for that P
Regards
Peter
I think people have simply become cold to those who post massive green screens, Peter. A number of them of them have been exposed as frauds, who simply doctored their screens. As a result, many have lost faith in traders who shout from the rooftops, as to how well they're doing

Return to “Football trading”