Premier league stats 2017/2018 (So Far)

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
jimibt

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:16 pm
some people are so thick. when 26 seasons HAVE been played the total will be 100%. simples as a meerkat would say
<--[this space intentionally left blank]-->

btw - much as i know you are winding everyone up, i'm strangely drawn to the *game* - lol

[edit] - i'd still love to see that calculation that accounts for games still to be played, as they represent an unknown number and are not referenced anywhere on the grid - love you (smooch)
phrenetic

jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:12 pm
common sense would say it would look somewhat like the image below, but i love being amazed, so look fwd to being sharply berated for the error of my ways (naughty scotsman) :D
I am in complete agreement.

This allows direct comparison between seasons regardless of how far into the season you are.

If you have to wait for the COMPLETE season to be played, then you shouldn't bother including ANY figures for 17-18 as they are not relevant. They only become relevant after ALL the games have been played.

If you include them, then all you are doing is diluting the overall % values.
jimibt

phrenetic wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:39 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:12 pm
common sense would say it would look somewhat like the image below, but i love being amazed, so look fwd to being sharply berated for the error of my ways (naughty scotsman) :D
I am in complete agreement.

This allows direct comparison between seasons regardless of how far into the season you are.

If you have to wait for the COMPLETE season to be played, then you shouldn't bother including ANY figures for 17-18 as they are not relevant. They only become relevant after ALL the games have been played.

If you include them, then all you are doing is diluting the overall % values.
irrespective of that (which i completely concur with), the original graphic of the %ages either was incorrectly calculated, for which a quick *ooops, my bad* would have sufficed, OR an explanation should be given for numbers that don't match their pro-rated percentages, especially when the all important (APPARENTLY) invisible metric is not included anywhere. happy to stand down once a full supporting calculation has been supplied and happy to accept that i probably am an idiot as mentioned a few times...
MemphisFlash

so nobody wants my data collected over 26 years in a nice easy spreadsheet at end of season. that's ok ill keep it to myself
spreadbetting

Just add it as an attachment to your post if you want to share it no need to make people beg for it :)

Football data has comprehensive stats for all leagues here for free

http://www.football-data.co.uk/englandm.php
MemphisFlash

final stats for season

2017-18 Premier league results grid.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

historical data2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

championship stats.PNG
MemphisFlash

2017-18 Championship results2.PNG
2017-18 Championship results.PNG

Return to “Football trading”