My Daily Trading Results - Scientific Trading

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

I spotted last night that there is cross-posting of the same style on different forums, so this does look a bit fishy to me.

I'd imagine some of the other forums would welcome some posts, but we just want quality and to talk about trading and it's various aspects, not be a place for promoting a third party website. You are speaking to some of the biggest traders in the industry on this forum who can spot somebody odd at ten paces, so it would be better to come clean and / or discuss strategies and tactics rather than make this some sort of protracted pitch they forum members wont buy anyhow.
Halliday

Euler wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am
I spotted last night that there is cross-posting of the same style on different forums, so this does look a bit fishy to me.

I'd imagine some of the other forums would welcome some posts, but we just want quality and to talk about trading and it's various aspects, not be a place for promoting a third party website. You are speaking to some of the biggest traders in the industry on this forum who can spot somebody odd at ten paces, so it would be better to come clean and / or discuss strategies and tactics rather than make this some sort of protracted pitch they forum members wont buy anyhow.
Agree with you .. clearly for whatever reason a case of promoting himself and his website , on here and other forums ,as well as twitter etc . Tho as he ( the spokesman for scientia trading. com no less ) said in an earlier post ... the website is about a concept , not about selling , what he himself ) the spokesman for scientia trading.com ) describes as a product .

Judge for yourself
lmf21734

Absolutely love the messages being generated. I clearly don't need to do any more PR because you are all doing it for me with each message you post nitpicking, complaining and moaning. You are doing my work and I am not even paying you for your time. Absolutely love it.. Keep it up because all you are doing is doing my work....I no longer have to feel like Deontay Wilder. I now have PR team working for me....Much appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As one of my trading mentors told me last week. Many people have theorems and ideas and concepts about why, what, how, can, can't, why etc but at the end of the day the final arbitrator of what you believe about your trading over time, is the consistency and rate of growth of your bank balance.

I have to assume that those being negative and self proclaimed oracles aiming constant shots are full time traders making at least £2000 per week. You just have to be because if you are so right then your results would mean you would easily be able to work full time trading....In fact are you able to share your daily and weekly results?????

I say this all tongue in cheek. But gents keep the posting going because its great and I am loving it as I now see the benefit. I realize if I had a strategy which wasn't working and posting mostly negative profits for the most part that probably that is more acceptable and you wouldn't see the need of doing PR for me and thus I would have to work that much harder....

Appreciate it gents.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
lmf21734

Anyway that's the last post I make like that (tongue in cheek)...
Euler is right as its not about making this a tit for tat

I will continue to post my daily results and then talk in more detail in May as I am starting some webinars to talk freely about my approach....Its difficult sometimes explaining just by writing so I believe the webinars will help you to understand my approach and even if you disagree at least you will have an opportunity hear from me directly and for me to address questions directly whilst on air.

Mel
lmf21734

If you're approach is systematic why do you set a max daily loss?

(Systematic does not mean that there are not controls and checks and balances put in place...A maximum daily loss is set because its protection against days where possibly I could hit a losing streak of 5-8 losses in a row if I continued to trade on hoping that probability would reverse back in my favour)

You also compare your strategy with 'trading systems' being sold.... I don't know any successful trader who's using an off the shelf system. Like you, everyone has their own approach.

(Many traders I have spoken to are using off the shelf systems being sold to them.....I have nothing against people wanting to sell systems but do believe that that a lot what is being sold are systems that simply have no value or proper edge....I just feel if people are more taught how to properly develop their own system or approaches that is much more beneficial than following tips and strategies of someone else..)

I read your site, I'm not seeing anything especially 'disruptive' just an acceptance that your strike rate needn't be high to be profitable and borrowing as few standard principles from financials. What am I failing to understand that's justifying your not inconsiderable hype? Simply put, what's new? What paradigms are you challenging?

(The most constant thing I have come across are system sellers selling systems on the basis of a high win rate without disclosing the other ingredients i.e. reward to risk ratio.....I am part of a membership where a lot of us have shared similar experiences where in our desperation to make a better life financially we have been caught out by system sellers whose systems have no real edge and are purely wanting to generate money by selling systems)

Some people here have been trading sports for almost 20yrs, you might be surprised what's been tried, maybe it's worth checking if you have indeed discovered something unique before claiming your approach beats any other and that current thinking isn't optimal. That said history is littered with people to whom that didn't seem to matter.

(I am not saying my approach beats anybody. If you look at what I said I actually said there are multiple paths to profitability. However in the area of football trading where its much more difficult than say tennis or darts because of the lack of market swings or horse racing because of the lack of market moving scalping opportunities I have found that concentrating more on risk reward than win rate over time seems to be better from my experience.)
Euler

I have to assume that those being negative and self proclaimed oracles aiming constant shots are full time traders making at least £2000
Some of us made £2k on one race yesterday and have been full time almost from the start. You are so far off the mark with your messages, this forum is built up from the most successful traders ever on Betfair. They just don't buy this sort of rubbish. Please post it elsewhere.
Euler

Chaps, In the interests of the forum, I've given this fellow some time out.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 am
Chaps, In the interests of the forum, I've given this fellow some time out.
It's a gambling strategy, it isn't trading Peter. These people are destined to fail and shouldn't be encouraged here, as it's not the mentality that BA is promoting

For example, I always enjoy having a little dabble on Friday night footy in Europe - predominately, the 2nd divisions in Austria, France and Holland

I noticed on the first set of results he posted on April 6th - £124.02 profit on Over 1.5 Wiener Neustadt v Liefering. The bet was settled at 19:23 and they kicked off at 17:30 - it payed out thanks to a 90th minute goal for Liefering to win 2-0

On the same night he won the same figure of £124.02 on Helmond Sport vs MVV Over 4.5 - they kick off at 19:00 and the bet was settled at 20:49 - thanks to Jonathan Okita completing a hat-trick for MVV in the 90th minute for a 3-2 victory

Some of us have been here for too long to fall for that shit - These people shouldn't be welcome on a trading forum mate
Deeppockets

I thought Betangel was endorsing this guy when I spotted one of Peters' vids on his website!

http://www.scientiatrading.com/engine.htm
LeTiss

:lol: It gets even worse - you go to his website and there's Peter Webb

I would threaten legal action if I was Peter, to have that video and any links to him removed

That is not what Peter and BA want to be linked with
weemac

Euler wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am
You are speaking to some of the biggest traders in the industry on this forum who can spot somebody odd at ten paces.....
It was his signature that was the giveaway for me.

Couldn't resist googling him, and unsurprisingly the top link takes you to another forum where some gems of wisdom include:

"I was fast approaching my daily maximum loss and so took a 5:1 risk to reward ratio on my final trade of the day and it saved the day."

"Chasing losses can be done in a good way or bad way."

"....if its the last trade of the day and I am in the red but still under my daily liability limit then I will go for 4:1/5:1 reward to risk trades knowing if it doesn't work then my overall total losses have met my criteria of limiting my daily losses to a certain amount."
spreadbetting

lmf21734 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 am

I will continue to post my daily results and then talk in more detail in May as I am starting some webinars to talk freely about my approach....
Hopefully they'll be some introductory offer in the webinar or I ain't paying to watch it.
Derek27

lmf21734 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am
I have to assume that those being negative and self proclaimed oracles aiming constant shots are full time traders making at least £2000 per week. You just have to be because if you are so right then your results would mean you would easily be able to work full time trading....In fact are you able to share your daily and weekly results?????
People who take notice of criticism and negative comments with justification better themselves for it, whereas people who instantly dismiss criticism (because they don't want to hear it) never learn anything.

Some people are proud of the P/L and feel better for bragging about it, while others are more modest and just get on with their trading. We don't all have the childish 'my profit is bigger than yours' mentality.
xitian

I think it's a mixture of being misunderstood, narcissism and naivety. (Not the only poster and won't be the last of course).

Derek's right on though. There's a big difference between posting P&Ls with the message "I'm the greatest, worship me" and posting a P&Ls and saying "please take a look and tell me what you think I can do better". You can naturally understand what types of responses you're going to get from each.

I actually think he probably does have a winning strategy and method of trading, but his belief that he's pushing the boundaries is where he's showing the naivety. Things like daily loss limits shouldn't need to feature if you want to maximise profits, and that's pretty basic. I saw the previous version of his website maybe a year or two ago and he was selling himself to hedge funds and investors which just brings facepalm to mind. Maybe that's what he's referring to when he talks about PR.
Euler

There is no need to raise money if you have a valid trading strategy, you can leverage so much in sports trading you just don't need investors money.

Return to “Football trading”