My Daily Trading Results - Scientific Trading

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

northbound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 am
swanst1991 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am
it appears he is getting roasted from the start of this thread which comes across to an outsider as mean and rude to be honest.
I wrote an email to this scientia person a few weeks ago, asking to discuss the impact of certain in-play stats on match selection.

It didn’t even bother replying.

I find this very rude, so have no sympathy for the “rude” way he’s been treated on this forum.
He's probably gone bust!

Without re-reading the whole thread again I think the gist was he was trying to promote a fancy dressed up 'gambling' strategy with a re-worked loss recovery system as something new he had discovered

Flooding every forum with his short-term results maybe with the intention if he could get to around 6-12mths before it went horribly wrong then start some sort of subscription service having used forums like this to promote himself.

As with any loss recovery system he was warned very early in this topic by a few traders the wheels would fall off sooner or later, and as also started earlier in the thread your never going to convince a forum full of some of the worlds best traders that something like what he was promoting is a viable long-term strategy!

Edit; just checked his twitter and it seems he stopped posting early August which looks to reinforce what I've just said above
LeTiss

He's gone bust, Dallas

I sounded him out on page 1, you could tell from the figures returned on some lowish liquidity markets
wearthefoxhat

His probable demise may have been down to basic money management strategies, his trading plan/method may have been/still be workable, but if the screenshots were to be believed, increasing amounts on the next bet(s) is nearly always fatal.

Not that he can't learn from it. It very much depends on if he wants to or not.

If not, I believe Knish still has the truck.

Despite Knish’s encouragement to play beatable games (the soft seat in Queens, the $10/$20 game at Chesterfield, and the Goulash joint on 79th Street), Mike McD was on a mission. Perhaps Knish could have done a better job at stopping Mike McD, but the sage knew that Mike McD needed to learn a valuable lesson – sometimes the student needs to fail in order to succeed.
megarain

Despite Knish’s encouragement to play beatable games (the soft seat in Queens, the $10/$20 game at Chesterfield, and the Goulash joint on 79th Street), Mike McD was on a mission. Perhaps Knish could have done a better job at stopping Mike McD, but the sage knew that Mike McD needed to learn a valuable lesson – sometimes the student needs to fail in order to succeed.

Rounders 20 years old. (I feel ancient). The directors cut, with Moneymaker voice over, on Blu-Ray is awesome)
northbound

You all assume he’s gone bust, but if you read his most recent tweets, it doesn’t sound like it.

All I can say is that he sounded like so many modern young people who only believe in science and numbers.

In my opinion, life / trading is much more nuanced than that. If everything came out of a book, it would be easy. And it is not.
swanst1991

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:17 pm
northbound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 am
swanst1991 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am
it appears he is getting roasted from the start of this thread which comes across to an outsider as mean and rude to be honest.
I wrote an email to this scientia person a few weeks ago, asking to discuss the impact of certain in-play stats on match selection.

It didn’t even bother replying.

I find this very rude, so have no sympathy for the “rude” way he’s been treated on this forum.
He's probably gone bust!

Without re-reading the whole thread again I think the gist was he was trying to promote a fancy dressed up 'gambling' strategy with a re-worked loss recovery system as something new he had discovered

Flooding every forum with his short-term results maybe with the intention if he could get to around 6-12mths before it went horribly wrong then start some sort of subscription service having used forums like this to promote himself.

As with any loss recovery system he was warned very early in this topic by a few traders the wheels would fall off sooner or later, and as also started earlier in the thread your never going to convince a forum full of some of the worlds best traders that something like what he was promoting is a viable long-term strategy!

Edit; just checked his twitter and it seems he stopped posting early August which looks to reinforce what I've just said above

Okay thanks, really surprising. if anyone has seen his webinars they are very long ( 2 hours) and appear to come from someone who knows what they are on about, i also thought who would make 8 webinars at 2 hours each for free if they needed money and no system being sold on his website.

you cant trust no one can you?

That's 4 hours i'm not getting back.
Derek27

swanst1991 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:49 pm
...i also thought who would make 8 webinars at 2 hours each for free if they needed money and no system being sold on his website.
Somebody looking for a purpose in life?

:lol:
swanst1991

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:10 pm
swanst1991 wrote:
...i also thought who would make 8 webinars at 2 hours each for free if they needed money and no system being sold on his website.
Somebody looking for a purpose in life?

:lol:
hahahahaa, apparently so. :lol:
spreadbetting

swanst1991 wrote:

Okay thanks, really surprising. if anyone has seen his webinars they are very long ( 2 hours) and appear to come from someone who knows what they are on about, i also thought who would make 8 webinars at 2 hours each for free if they needed money and no system being sold on his website.

There's an old Bernard Shaw quote “He who can does, he who cannot, teaches.” so it doesn't neccessarily mean those 4 hours were wasted if you learnt something. The trading world is full of Walter Mitty types all re-hashing the same ideas for their own ends. It doesn't mean they're all talking crap but you will have to separate the wheat from the chaff and if neither of you know what's the wheat you'll end up going down all sorts of blind alleys you probably didn't need to.
swanst1991

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:25 pm
swanst1991 wrote:

There's an old Bernard Shaw quote “He who can does, he who cannot, teaches.” so it doesn't neccessarily mean those 4 hours were wasted if you learnt something. The trading world is full of Walter Mitty types all re-hashing the same ideas for their own ends. It doesn't mean they're all talking crap but you will have to separate the wheat from the chaff and if neither of you know what's the wheat you'll end up going down all sorts of blind alleys you probably didn't need to.
i will remember that quote! his webinars were more about risk:reward and i feel i took something from them, onwards and upwards.
Derek27

I haven't re-read this thread but off memory he did seem overly focused on risk to reward ratios. Backing a 100-1 donkey is a good risk to reward ratio but whether it holds value or an edge is entirely a different matter.
Steve17

Could I ask where you got your profit and loss files from or have you made them yourself

thanks
Derek27

Steve17 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:41 pm
Could I ask where you got your profit and loss files from or have you made them yourself

thanks
The OP hasn't been active for six months so probably won't see your question.

Return to “Football trading”