Steven Gerrard and the market for SPL next year

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
brimson25

Anyone know when this is likely to appear? Any chance betfair put it up before the end of this season? I suppose not.

I weep for the missed opportunities to lay them at whatever daft price they are backed into and then back when he leaves before Christmas :D
Kafkaesque

Chances of it appearing unrequested, likely zero. But given the circumstances if you request them to put it up now, I think they're very likely to do so. Whether they'll be enough money in the market, before getting beyond the WC, I'm much more doubtful of.

As for the opportunity, I'm not sure it's such a certain lay. I do agree that there might be a good opportunity, IF the prices are at a certain level and the right news comes out of Rangers, or rather doesn't.

In terms of the pure footballing divide between Celtic and Rangers right now, you're spot on if there's an overreaction, but I'm not so sure the risk matches the reward in this instance. The effect of someone with this kind of aura and reach/contacts through pretty much all of World football is next to impossible to measure. When was the last time someone of this stature came into Scottish football? If he's given the backing to even remotely compete with Celtic, he might convince some players, who'd otherwise never even consider Scotland. Which in turn could move the price significantly against a position opposing Rangers.
brimson25

" If he's given the backing"

And THAT'S the edge.

Their accounts are public.

Return to “Football trading”