Scalping unders market during half time?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
cyxstudio

I observe how the unders market behave during half time and i discovered that it will generally drift a bit and then steam back down when the second half kick off is closing in.

So my theory is if we place a few bets 1-3 ticks above the currently available price at early half time and pray it does go up and eat our money and then come back down 1-3 ticks for us to exit.

In that case we would have made money almost risk free, as half time means there is no risk of goal going in and the unders market are stable around this period.

In the worst case scenario you would wait till second half kick off to exit ASAP, as the price always go down when there is no goal, but of course you risk losing a lot when there is an early second half goal.
cyxstudio

searching this forum brings me this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=4928

turns out other people have been doing it!

just tried it on the arsenal game
BetScalper

It doesn't work anymore.
spreadbetting

BetScalper wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:55 pm
It doesn't work anymore.
Why not?

A lot of trading occurs at half time, a bit like when people pop the loo at half time at a match. People consolidate their positions and take odds they can get rather than mess around for a tick or two. Once the game restarts the bots take over and bet to probabilities bringing prices back into line.
cyxstudio

please take my money

northbound

cyxstudio wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 pm
I observe how the unders market behave during half time and i discovered that it will generally drift a bit and then steam back down when the second half kick off is closing in.
Good idea, I tried it today in a Swedish match at half time for small stakes and it worked a charm.

Not saying it's gonna work for every match, but in certain matches it's definitely a good approach.

Return to “Football trading”